New warning system

The last forum i was at banned me and deamed me as a 'Security threat'
Bastards. It's a good thing this site is well built or i woulda been banned by now.

Btw, check out my warnin' level ^_^

Ikerous said:
The last forum i was at banned me and deamed me as a 'Security threat'
Bastards. It's a good thing this site is well built or i woulda been banned by now.

Btw, check out my warnin' level ^_^
You keep bragging about it and you will get banned. :LOL:

I see you banned your brother. Sorry about that, it wont happen again.

The_Monkey said:
I see you banned your brother. Sorry about that, it wont happen again.
Don't worry :)

No, a member called "Your Brother". Banned as it was a clone account.

ok I will not post too much now

EDIT: if someone trolls it will get warning points?

<RJMC> said:
ok I will not post too much now

EDIT: if someone trolls it will get warning points?
If someone trolls they will be warned yeah.

What's warning maturity level?

# of days for a temp ban?

Hazar said:
What's warning maturity level?

# of days for a temp ban?
Thats how many days till those points go away
And the temp bans are all thirty days

Hl2.net: Oppresion for the people.

Seems solid enough...

:D

Suicide42 said:
If you continue to expand the rules and make them more opressive (They're perfect now, but i'm saying if you mods were to get power greedy), This forum could end up like city 17, which is a good thing.

IMAGINE- in the future, ALL forums have been overtaken by spammers. The internet is only a shadow of it's former glory, and google searches now return infinite amounts of adverts and pron. They called it the 7 hour spamming spree- when the spammers took over the internet and left no forum un-turned.

Except for HL2.net. The mod's strict rules and regulations kept the spammers at bay, and their use of propoganda meant people were attracted to it. But once they entered, your IP was locked to the site and it became the only forum you could go to. Everyone had to obey the mods (who now have gas mask avatars) or they would be banned to the wasteland, and be devoured by spammers.

But there were some who resisted... some who remembered the good old days when the threads weren't locked frequently and when the rules were in a perfect balance with the users.

One of these people was Gordon fre-- err, i mean, Suicide42, Who sported the famous "crowbar avatar" and weilded the "holy number". He fought through the armies of mods and finally caught up with dr. bree- i mean, munro, and freed the forum once and for all.

spammers invade.

the end.

it's a forum adventure! etc. etc.

I guess I am resistence fighter 004123

My school ID number is 004123... Creepy =P

Is the ID number the order in which you joined? Munro got 1 and people joining in May 2003 have a low nomber...

The Dark Elf said:
and your User ID is 19301

coincidence? sure why not.

I have 10 fingers and toes... What a coincidence :O

Nice new avatar by the way :cheese:

The_Monkey said:
Is the ID number the order in which you joined? Munro got 1 and people joining in May 2003 have a low nomber...
Yep its the ID your given on joining.

Well im a little late to comment but I like the new system. It sets a standard that seems easy to follow for everyone and it encourages people to either act like good members or it will speed up the banning of those members who will like having a high warning level.

Uhm... occasionally, do people get warnings and their warnings are lifted?

awssome, system

I saw a member who got 2 points so far,

eeek, I saw the list of types and I thought I had been warned with all of them.

No spam?! I'm gonna be banned by tomorrow.

I hope the spam one isn't to harshly used :p

I'm just wondering if it's worth displaying the lack of any warning level in the user's location/posts space on the right, so that it's more obvious to new members that this system is in place.

It may deter potential trollers etc. if it's obvious that they'll be delt with.

I think a good feature would be having the "Warning Level: #" be a link, to which you could see the 'type' of offense they were warned for (harassment, cussing someone out, etc)

Unless that is purposely meant to be private. But when you see someone with that you don't know if it's a warning for a simple slip up or if they are just an arse overall to people.

ah no trolling? but arnt i known for trolling? and the mods, is there a chance you guys got this idea from living with style? they are WAY too protective about stuff, i cant post 50 times without getting a warning, and the mods are extreamly stupid! to my opinion of course. they had me banned 3 times for no freaking reason! anyways, i hope this system will tone down the idiots, is there a warning point for idiots, who post threads when they are answered just about every other post in the forum?

I'm one of the bad boys, FEAR ME. Maybe I should try and get a level 4, make it up to 9. Then i'd be superior to all the small people wil lvl 1's... hmmm...

Maybe you should stop trying, then you won't get banned :)

Chris_D said:
Maybe you should stop trying, then you won't get banned :)
I say ban him anyways. :LOL:

Also guys...this system ain't really all that diffrent from now.Just follow the rules like you always do and nothing will happen.

That simple.

I think anyone who complains about a warning should get another warning because it pisses me off :p

Why can I now see StarDogs warnings? Has something changed??

Druckles said:
Why can I now see StarDogs warnings? Has something changed??
Yes...the turned it back on to where everyone can see your warnings.

I see you have 4.

me and tr0n are good and have no warnings. I think we should get a prize for having no warnings

Back