New warning system

Ah, we can now see who's been warned again, excellent! I like to see who has been warned because i can't visit everywhere at once and yet i want to know who are the naughty spammers :p

oh and if people think it's "stylish" to have a warning level, just give them another level each time they mention it, they'll soon stop when they realise they're about to be banned.

Suicide42 said:
Ah, we can now see who's been warned again, excellent! I like to see who has been warned because i can't visit everywhere at once and yet i want to know who are the naughty spammers :p

oh and if people think it's "stylish" to have a warning level, just give them another level each time they mention it, they'll soon stop when they realise they're about to be banned.
I do believe it'd come under the "general bad attitude and trolling" warning we added last week which is 4 points.

Wouldn't take much for someone to get banned if they kept treating it as some sort of fashion accessory.

actually the fact that one more level 4 warning could get me banned keeps me at bay...any level 3 warnings? j/k...i promise not to act childish again:)

If you have some warnings, but never enough to get a ban, do the warning ever go away?

How are you going to determine what is spam? is it a series of messages or just a single post? (ie. ice cream). I'm scared now...

If somebody has had a warning (or two!), will a record be kept after there warning has expired, so that they never become mods/writers/popular?

just gotta wait my 20 days and i'm an angel again! /me behave nicely anyway

Having a set definition of what's spam doesnt work too well IMO. What is spam and what is not is in a way "Context Sensitive"

and now i'm gona make a spam post because my postcount is 99 ;)

Careful, you might find your post count going back down to 0! :O

that's why I used the wink smiley.

Anyways, all of my posts are usless until i get around ohh 500, then i just spam uncontrolably ;)

You'll spam uncontrollably for about two posts, at which point I'll derive no small pleasure from banning you FOR EVAR!!!!1111

Well, the good thing, i have to say, is that warning points do degrade un like on some other forums. Meaning being on the forum a long time isn't hazordus to your bannage from just natural slip-ups

Most boards have an option to make the warnings go after a while.
But what I don't get is, do they fully go away, or are they still there, hidden, only coming back when I get warned

Back