NO HL3 or other 3d games

The patent in question is not for the invention of 3D graphics, but a specific camera (point of view) system for viewing 3D graphics. Specifically one which would be similar to games such as "Homeworld", where there is some central point where the camera is always focused.

In the patent itself it mentions existing applications that deal with 3D objects, but mentions that they are viewed using static view ports (read: applications like auto-cad).

Worst case this patent only affects certain applications that use a interface which closely resembles the rather explicitly described interface and algorithms in the patent. (the number of games affected would depend on what was judged to be similar).

However 3D applications with a pivoting camera (as opposed to a panning camera) could not possibly be affected by this patent in the slightest.

---- This all comes down to one brief summary -> The lawsuit is complete bullshit; only a lawyer could really believe this patent is relevant to the current state of 3D applicatoins.

This retarded lawsuit won't work. It's like one person suing the government for a billion dollars: it just won't work!

I'm going to patent ice cubes, pay up f***ers!!

nobody needs to worry, the patent will expire in 6 yrs. the worst any of the companies will have to do is pay royalties for the 20 yrs the patent was infringed. But most likley there will be a settlement and this will all go away.

I'm reminded of the original patent on the automobile.
It became such a nuisance for automakers that Ford was able to eventually disregard it and really make the industry take off.

meh, Half-Life 2 will be out before any ground is broken in this case.. so i care not.

method of manipulating data on an apparatus, that apparatus being a CRT!

Man I'm glad I have an LCD, I'm coverd. Nice try folks, almost had me worried.

Hey lets all get a patent on making bread, we could include 'kneading' the dough as a part of the method, that way we could sue every single person who has ever made bread who didn't use a mixer to do it, MUHAAAHHAAHA, I will finally own PAPA JOhNS!

Think of the pandemonium if this lawsuit goes through. Sure the guy that wins he would be rich, but what good is money when you've got millions of angry gamers standing on your doorstep, HL2 fans with crowbars, Halo fans with giant glowing swords, Sims fans with... uh... those weird little bubbles over their heads...

Hard to spend money when you're dead.

How gay can some one get omfg. Bastards are just too gay to earn money on their own, lazy bastards! :flame:

Guys, just because games that are 3d can't be made in the USA dosen't mean they wou't be made. The polish have a fine gaming industry.

Doesnt matter...all patents become public property after 20 years, so we only gotta wait 3 years if this guy wins the case.

Ownzed said:
How gay can some one get omfg. Bastards are just too gay to earn money on their own, lazy bastards! :flame:

I fail to see what sexual orientation has to do with it.

HL2 fans with crowbars, Halo fans with giant glowing swords, Sims fans with... uh... those weird little bubbles over their heads...

Hard to spend money when you're dead.[/QUOTE]

Killzone fans with bright orange eyes, Devil May Cry fans with dark powers, Final Fantasy fans with giant chocobose, GTA fans with...EVERYTHING POISSIBLE!

They will beat him to death!!!

The fact that this guy is going to screw over the entire gaming world just to earn a quick buck (or at least try to) is unbelivable. Why does the gaming world always have to suffer (every school shooting, robbery,ect.)?

Back