Votes: 43 37.1%
  • Newb.

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • *sizzle*

Votes: 58 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last chat logs are not in the ***** channel, but probably in the #we****hl2.netover channel. It's a prank.

Originally posted by Frosty
How come that link works for some and not others? Is it because it tries to access your computer and cos I have a firewall it won't let me access?

It's probably some lame joke like this whole thing...because I have a firewall as well...and it still doesn't work for me.

Ruroni how the hell do these people let you in on your conversations?

This is the best, most intriguing story I've read in a while!

Even if it's fake, it's been worth the journey.

I hope the bad guys get caught.

Ruroni, you're doing the right thing by turning in these people. :bounce:

Shouldve known not to post at all. Nor matter what, most will deny you anything. Tell me what you want from me damnit. Its all being settled. I can give you logs. I can give you screens, there is nothing else. Maybe Gabe could say something? Im risking my name on that one. I wouldnt be saying all this for nothing.

What I want to know is what is the supposed Id thing they talk about?

ruroni might be for real. This attention is too much and too dangerous for some one to want from a prank.

Originally posted by Ruroni
Shouldve known not to post at all. Nor matter what, most will deny you anything. Tell me what you want from me damnit. Its all being settled. I can give you logs. I can give you screens, there is nothing else. Maybe Gabe could say something? Im risking my name on that one. I wouldnt be saying all this for nothing.

You just do what you gotta do. All I know is that if you are telling the truth you will be a hero to me at least.

btw, haven't you noticed that people don't believe anything unless gabe says it, and sometimes not even then ;)

Originally posted by thop
The last chat logs are not in the ***** channel, but probably in the #we****hl2.netover channel. It's a prank.
Primarily because ***** really isnt as involved as i thought. Only distribution. Seems, it took 3 guys to get in.

Originally posted by PottSie2AU
This is the best, most intriguing story I've read in a while!

Even if it's fake, it's been worth the journey.

I hope the bad guys get caught.

Ruroni, you're doing the right thing by turning in these people. :bounce:

I was just going to say that. I couldn't care less what the truth is at this point, or if it's a prank, or if Valve set up this hoax, whatever...at least it's interesting.

Originally posted by AmishSlayer
It's probably some lame joke like this whole thing...because I have a firewall as well...and it still doesn't work for me.

those links work for me

Originally posted by KaneRobot
I was just going to say that. I couldn't care less what the truth is at this point, or if it's a prank, or if Valve set up this hoax, whatever...at least it's interesting.

I agree...but now I'm bored and I'm going to sleep.

I don't really know what to think but if you are pulling a prank on us then i must congratulate you, you fooled us all pretty good. If you are not, then i must also congratulate you, you did the right thing.

I think based on what I've seen thus far, I'm believing Ruroni. I'm not sure whether or not whoever has been blamed by the magg0ts is really the hackers, but my suspicions are that yes, they did it (hell, when I told one of my classmates that a magg0t had posted a screen, he was like "why didn't you say so earlier, they obviously did it."). Even if they didn't, it'd be nice for the FBI to get them for having illegal copyrighted material!

*rips out hair*

No wonder valve doesnt tell you mother****ers shit. Ive had it up to ****ing *here* with it. I understand your skeptism, but you dont need to call what im doing a prank, as if that is fact. I thought I was doing a good thing, and now some of you want to poke fun?

For some reason, I just find it hard to believe that this drama would unfold over IRC logs.

And considering the legality of the whole situation, posting shit like this would be legally unsound, especially if he actually is in contact with someone at Valve.

Originally posted by nonentity
For some reason, I just find it hard to believe that this drama would unfold over IRC logs.

And considering the legality of the whole situation, posting shit like this would be legally unsound, especially if he actually is in contact with someone at Valve.
lol "over irc logs" everything that happens on the net that is intresting, usually happens over "irc"

And you would know... because you, uh, accessed it. :)
I am so curious about how the code works it's not funny, but I am attempting to restrain myself.
I think that was aimed at the guy who said the linked works.

*rips out hair*

No wonder valve doesnt tell you mother****ers shit. Ive had it up to ****ing *here* with it. I understand your skeptism, but you dont need to call what im doing a prank, as if that is fact. I thought I was doing a good thing, and now some of you want to poke fun?

dont get angry, ignore the losers here, i still trust you

Heh, i knew this was my-g0t thing right from the start. They did it, end of story.

Think about it, why exactly would someone "come clean" to Ruroni, a person who just arrived in their channel and that they do not know (and if they do it might imply he is in on this) and tell him "Yes we took credit but IT WASNT US I PROMISE!"?

What makes you think they aren't just trying to blame someone else for it, namely their rival clan, doesn't it seem a little bit too convenient to some of you people?

He also claims he talked to Gabe Newell on the phone... please dear lord, most stupid mistake he could have made public.

1) Big companies like Valve do not make deals with people who steal their code, they have poffessionals handle stuff like this and sue/convict the people who are found guilty.

2) Gabe would not make a phonecall such as this, i am certain he would let someone else from the company handle it.

3) It's very late at night already, most people do not make calls at this time of the night.

Draw your own conclusions... maybe he is right and im looking too much into this, but why exactly would you trust the word of a my-g0t member in the first place?

Ruroni, just continue.. some of us believe while some of us don't.

*rips out hair*

theres many reasons to belive you, but just as many as too not, I belive you..

Allthough Im unless if gabe would phone one of them.. if t was me I would just let fbi deal with them *shrugs*

Ruroni,

Don't worry about people not believing you. It's probably just jealousy.

Listen, I wouldn't post anything on here anymore. Take what you have, and anything else you learn and tell it to the proper authorities. Don't cover up for anyone, it's not worth it.

(•01:31:08•>_<•****•> were you aware Gabe is writing a book about the making of HL2?
(•01:31:15•>_<•Ruroni•> sure wasnt :O
(•01:31:30•>_<•****•> :)
(•01:31:37•>_<•Ruroni•> lol
(•01:31:46•>_<•****•> i think he just got a few extra chapters frm everything that happened today

Above and below, my first contact. Told me how they got in.

(•01:06:49•>_<•*****•> there a box which is connected to valve's vpn on the isp tangis.com
(•01:07:15•>_<•*****•> this box, unlike the rest of valve's network, is unfirewalled
(•01:07:33•>_<•Ruroni•> :eek:
(•01:08:23•>_<•*****•> the particular box on Tangis lacks propper network security

Oh, and another thing that points to Ruroni's notfakingthis, look at the times, it was like (well, by the time I post this 30 minutes or so ago), not very long ago. It'd be hard for someone like him who is doing all this chatting, typing, etc to convincingly change the times on all of those logs in the short time that this has been going on.

I'm believing what you are showing Rur. I salute you for the good stuff you're trying to do! /me salutes

Originally posted by Rico
Heh, i knew this was my-g0t thing right from the start. They did it, end of story.

Think about it, why exactly would someone "come clean" to Ruroni, a person who just arrived in their channel and that they do not know (and if they do it might imply he is in on this) and tell him "Yes we took credit but IT WASNT US I PROMISE!"?

What makes you think they aren't just trying to blame someone else for it, namely their rival clan, doesn't it seem a little bit too convenient to some of you people?

He also claims he talked to Gabe Newell on the phone... please dear lord, most stupid mistake he could have made public.

1) Big companies like Valve do not make deals with people who steal their code, they have poffessionals handle stuff like this and sue/convict the people who are found guilty.

2) Gabe would not make a phonecall such as this, i am certain he would let someone else from the company handle it.

3) It's very late at night already, most people do not make calls at this time of the night.

Draw your own conclusions... maybe he is right and im looking too much into this, but why exactly would you trust the word of a my-g0t member in the first place?

valve is desperate. there is a chance ruroni is being played, but I doubt it.

Well, considering the authorities already know, and gabe knows, its preety much a done deal, your getting news a week in advance of what you normally would.

Originally posted by Rice-Rocketeer
Haha. :) Thanks.

'cept it's a 404 error for me.

I've got nothing against Squabblers!

Edit: They work now! Hooray!

try again

Well, considering the authorities already know, and gabe knows, its preety much a done deal, your getting news a week in advance of what you normally would.

i think you are doing the right thing.

There is one solution for this dilemma. Wait for Vavle to make an offical statement on the matter. If he is telling the truth, I can't seem to see a reason they would hide this, if he's lying, they will give us the facts. Either way, it is foolish to trust anything anyone says over then internet.

Seriously, you just did a totally awesome thing!

I could be getting played. But from the 4 different chans im in, with different people, its adding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back