Nuclear Dawn Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatamos

Reaction score
This is not an official Nuclear Dawn update. These flyers were made entirely by the Community (Thatamos) and was meant to advertise the mod. If this is in the wrong forum, please move it to the correct one. Thank you.

Nuclear Dawn is a multiplayer modification for Valve’s Source engine that combines visceral and violent First Person Shooter action with fast-paced Real Time Strategy in the aftermath of an apocalyptic war. You can choose the mission or lead the attack as a commander, marshalling resources and deploying weapons and equipment for your team to use. You can storm a building as an assault trooper, cling to the shadows and rely on your active camouflage as a stealth, or unleash terrible firepower from a powered suit of exo-armor. You have the responsibility and the power to decide the outcome of every engagement. If your opponents are lucky there will be enough of them left to bury.

*Three distinct classes to choose from with strengths and weaknesses that will help you overpower your opponents or keep you on guard.
*A wide arsenal of weapons to deploy on the battlefield including mines, grenades, rifles, rocket launcher, and much more.
*Original environments rich with detail and perfect for a nice and bloody battle. Take the streets of a desolate Japanese city, venture into the jungle to capture the live warhead inside a Korean nuclear silo, or fight for the treasures of one of several other post-apocalyptic locales.

Nuclear Dawn

same as above, you a pretty little moll ?

oh, if that's the case, i apologize... i'm just increasingly weary of the insane PR this mod tries to pump out left and right. So yeah, whatever.

Who remembers when i used to be a fun loving guy ?

You were never a fun guy, but you did give me some lovin' once and a while.

Because it's not right for me to post my flyers here looking for some crits/comments only for you guys to derail.

Nice gesture, but i don't like how the character is placed on top of the rest.
The font doesn't seem to match in the first pic aswell.
My fav. would be nr2, again, IF the character wasn't pasted on top so carelessly .

*groans*

More media hype?

But I must agree with simon. The font is pretty hard to read; and the pasting is pretty clear to see.

- Pax

Not bad, the second two are great. Just that the quotes on the first one need work. They don't have quotations and just seem a little...bland.

Meh, when it's your first time doing something, it's bound to have errors.

Thatamos said:
Meh, when it's your first time doing something, it's bound to have errors.

I'm sure you have photoshop knowledge by now...?
You've been doing this sortof stuff for over a year ;)

So? I don't continuously use the program. I do have other things that take priority other than working in photoshop.

ehm you forgot the source logo....or isn't ND a source MOD ??

But anyway, i love the flyers, good work...

simon said:
So? You asked crits, you got em?

No that was me responding to his beleif that used photoshop for a year straight after I stopped -_-

It didn't even concern the image, it concerned me. It wasn't a crit.

as i said on the ND forusm i ddint like your early wips but these turned out great good job man.

Don't worry man, I know cutting and pasting other people's images is pretty difficult to do. Sometimes you even need to add a font!

It took me like six hours to make this flyer for the Precious Moments Figurine Fanforum.

momentsyo0an.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I WAS NOT PAID TO SUPPORT PRECIOUS MOMENTS FIGURINES, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ARE SO INHERENTLY AWESOME ALL ON THEIR OWN.

ANY SUPPORT OF PRECIOUS MOMENTS FIGURINES ($12.99 each or $100 for ten) IS ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY AND OF MY OWN FREE WILL (http://www.preciousmoments.com/)!

Mechagodzilla said:
Don't worry man, I know cutting and pasting other people's images is pretty difficult to do. Sometimes you even need to add a font!

It took me like six hours to make this flyer for the Precious Moments Figurine Fanforum.

momentsyo0an.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I WAS NOT PAID TO SUPPORT PRECIOUS MOMENTS FIGURINES, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ARE SO INHERENTLY AWESOME ALL ON THEIR OWN.

ANY SUPPORT OF PRECIOUS MOMENTS FIGURINES ($12.99 each or $100 for ten) IS ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY AND OF MY OWN FREE WILL (http://www.preciousmoments.com/)!

Those moments...

They are so precious they make me eyes go moist. ;(

- Pax

Thatamos said:
No that was me responding to his beleif that used photoshop for a year straight after I stopped -_-

It didn't even concern the image, it concerned me. It wasn't a crit.

So you basically want us to tell you that this cut-and-paste job is awesome. Gotcha!

I think nd is already hyped enough imo, if they were closer to a release I might understand but are they even releasing this year? Just seems a bit over the top I guess. Ive heard of community fansites with custom wallpapers etc but flyers?

The only criticism I have for it is that the quotes on the first flyer reeeally need quotation marks. They look out-of-place without them. Other than that, good job :thumbs:

Originally Posted by Mechagodzilla
momentsyo0an.jpg

I'd hit it.

Quotation marks, not to mention punctuation. But yeah, I like 'em.

Mecha = legend.

Don't you think there's enough hype?

Not that I can talk. I'm groaning because it's another multiplayer mod, and couldn't care less. :p

DjBourgeoisie said:
are they even releasing this year?
Yes. Quarter 4, though we might get lucky and it come a bit sooner. Also, betatesting starts relatively soon.

Also, these flyers aren't officially related to the ND team; this is just Thatamos's pet project, so ND doesn't control the hype in this case.

DjBourgeoisie said:
I think nd is already hyped enough imo, if they were closer to a release I might understand but are they even releasing this year? Just seems a bit over the top I guess. Ive heard of community fansites with custom wallpapers etc but flyers?

NT > ND

Hey, I made one too. Nuclear Dawn is the best game of the entire millenium!

nucleardawnposter.gif

Crits are welcome!

How can you criticize pure genius?

We have been brought to tears by the sheer power of this image.

If we seem small, it is because you are a giant amoung men!

SixThree said:

heh I would not even call nd a rival by any sense of the word as we are 2 completely different games, but when we do our media storm (waiting till release time) it will surely not disappoint I can promise you that. Btw sixthree how ya been, did you join up on any mods or you just freelance :naughty:

DjBourgeoisie said:
heh I would not even call nd a rival by any sense of the word as we are 2 completely different games, but when we do our media storm (waiting till release time) it will surely not disappoint I can promise you that. Btw sixthree how ya been, did you join up on any mods or you just freelance :naughty:

I know, just playing :)

I love the look of your factory map, that skybox is fantastic! I'm really looking forward to a release from you guys (and an FGD :naughty:). It's a shame about DEAD, what happened? At first I had just thought Ernie had forgot to pay the bill, but Slick let me know a few days ago. I'm currently doing freelance for Dreamscape. You need to be more active in #neotokyo, guess which one is me :D

Apparently it isnt dead, just the host was bought by another ip and is slacking. Theres more to it but thats all I have heard. Lol i had no idea you were in #neotokyo, damn smurfer hehe

Sorry guys, we've had repeated complaints that this thread is OFF-TOPIC. Quick! Better start discussing those flyers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back