Nuclear Dawn: Stealth Media

Angry Lawyer said:
The thing is, people aren't just attacking for the forged medias. It's the subterfuge and the attempting to bring down other mods that the team leader has taken part in. The guy sends messages to people I know telling them their mods are going to fail, so just join him.
I can vouch for that, he's approached a few members of Black Mesa trying to recruit them.

Where "recruit" means "Black Mesa is never going to be released. You're wasting your time on it. Come work for me. you'll get a job in the industry for it. Black Mesa's going to be a flop. It'll never get off the ground. Nuclear Dawn is an instant ticket to success".

Or something similar.

-Angry Lawyer

He already got your lead LD...

One funny fact:

What does DaveL actually do in the team ?
And how will he justify for his position with the team, if they actually start making money ?

This whole ND shennanigans has gone way too far. As someone said, they might as well release a small video and get it over with. The "Stealth" model seems to be a prop again, just like DaveL admitted planting them for screenies. He's in the exact same position as every other model, in every other ND screen.

I, as a consumer, am only concerned about the final product. DaveL hasn't done anything of FA2 team's nature, yet, or at least not anything that I know of. It's stupid to judge the game because of the developer. So instead of dipping the mod in dirt saying 'hai, hangar's dull', 'hai, photoshops lol', 'hai, titltd view rofl', flame DaveL as much as your heart wishes to.

So if someone actually thinks that the hangar looks dull, it's because they don't like DaveL? Right...

All the negative comments I've seen in this thread have been specifically about DaveL, so it seems like everyone is following your advice already...

I've gotten the impression that this DaveL person has been doing this for a long time, even on other projects as well. How come he hasn't gotten a job in the industry yet? Does he have one? In that case, what's with all the ND bullshit he's been doing?

People are wierd.

SixThree said:
He already got your lead LD...
Last time I checked, I wasn't working on ND. I have been the only Lead LD for well over 6 months.

Although Spence (rabidmonkey) is working on both ND and BM. He was our project leader, which has since been passed on the cman2k

Kester^ said:
Last time I checked, I wasn't working on ND. I have been the only Lead LD for well over 6 months.

Although Spence (rabidmonkey) is working on both ND and BM. He was our project manager, which has since been passed on the cman2k

Ok sorry then, got you and rabid mixed.

Pi Mu Rho said:
So if someone actually thinks that the hangar looks dull, it's because they don't like DaveL? Right...
I suppose you've never heard of such action as dissing a work of a person one does not like? Guess not. Weird.

iMMuNiTy said:
I suppose you've never heard of such action as dissing a work of a person one does not like? Guess not. Weird.

DaveL didn't make the hangar.

You're missing the point. And I'm pretty sure that it's on purpose. The hangar is a map of DaveL's modification. See the connection? Probably not. I rest my case, seeing as everyone is just foaming to diss this mod and DaveL.

So first you tell everyone that has issues with DaveL to bitch about DaveL, which they're doing. Then you decide that someone else's opinion about the map is also some kind of attack on DaveL. That's weird.

Sometimes, people can express an opinion about something without there being some hidden ulterior motive.

Hugh_Jazz said:
I've gotten the impression that this DaveL person has been doing this for a long time, even on other projects as well. How come he hasn't gotten a job in the industry yet? Does he have one? In that case, what's with all the ND bullshit he's been doing?

People are wierd.

He played alot of Natural-Selection before ND and thats pretty much his experience with the modding scene.

There's no place for a person like DaveL. He doesn't have any usefull skills (Ideas man doesn't count) and companies rates personality very very high when they hire someone... and thats not one of DaveLs strongest sides.

DaveL sounds like a figment of your imaginations...if he's real...don't waste your time dissing him b/c he's not reading any of this anyway. ;)

(Um...I was kidding about the figment part...teehee...)

Am I the only one being incredibly suspicious about that last screenshot with the "invisible" soldier?

It looks to me like they just painted on the blood decals in Garrys mod and applied one of the ingame shader effects to the posed model....

But that's just me. It's not like they have done anything like this before!

OH SH-

they've admitted putting the models as props in the screens i think. That's why they're always in the same animation frame. They're not players, they're just props (like a table). Doesn't really help their case, sure gets them nice screenies... heh

Samon said:
No. I think the hanger is dull. Sorry an all.
I'd ask you to elaborate just to see you struggle forming a valid response, but seeing as everyone here is against ND and everyone who likes it, I'll just keep quiet.

I think you're reading a different forum to everyone else. Some people here don't like ND (as is their absolute right), not everyone.

No-one is against people that like it. You appear to be against people that dislike it, or comment negatively on it as Samon did. Was there any need for your cheap shot? Get this - people have opinions. They don't require explanation. If Samon feels that the hangar, to him, looks dull, then you should just live with that and move on. He doesn't have to explain it to you (and I seriously doubt that you'd accept any explanation that he gave anyway).

So yes, maybe you should just keep quiet.

I'd like to hear why samon thinks it is dull, if he is inclined, which I have a feeling he isn't.

Pi Mu Rho said:
I think you're reading a different forum to everyone else. Some people here don't like ND (as is their absolute right), not everyone.

No-one is against people that like it. You appear to be against people that dislike it, or comment negatively on it as Samon did. Was there any need for your cheap shot? Get this - people have opinions. They don't require explanation. If Samon feels that the hangar, to him, looks dull, then you should just live with that and move on. He doesn't have to explain it to you (and I seriously doubt that you'd accept any explanation that he gave anyway).

So yes, maybe you should just keep quiet.
Would you like vaseline or soap with that?

Pi Mu Rho, how about you tuck your own cheap shots up your arse? Because other than moderating, all you do is arse people about all the time. Your sarcasm is absolutely unnecessary. You should go outside more often and see how real-life socializing works. Unless of course wherever you live, all of the people are self-righteous cynics.

And yes, I'm fully aware that I'm badmouthing a moderator. But since a moderator should set examples for others, and you don't, meh. I guess it's time for my first ban on the internets.

We all know Pi can be an ass - we just deal with it :p
Besides he won't ban you immunity

Ontopic - this 'mod' is hilarious
you could not make this stuff up
- faked screenshots
- community plants
- threatening phone calls
- threats of litigation over bad publicity
- sabotaging of other mods
- lies
- damn lies
- downright hysteria

this picture sums the whole sorry tale up very quaintly - Erestheux, what would we do without you :)

nucleardawnposter.gif

You forgot the horse slayings/dog punching.

iMMuNiTy said:
Would you like vaseline or soap with that?

Pi Mu Rho, how about you tuck your own cheap shots up your arse? Because other than moderating, all you do is arse people about all the time. Your sarcasm is absolutely unnecessary. You should go outside more often and see how real-life socializing works. Unless of course wherever you live, all of the people are self-righteous cynics.

And yes, I'm fully aware that I'm badmouthing a moderator. But since a moderator should set examples for others, and you don't, meh. I guess it's time for my first ban on the internets.

Oh, please. Spare me. I'm just calling you on your ridiculous and unwarranted self-righteousness. The fact that Samon is a moderator is irrelevant. You have made the gross assumption that he thinks the hangar is dull because of some apparent dislike of DaveL. You refuse to even entertain the notion that it might be because he finds it dull.

I love the whole "go outside more often" thing. Really, I do. It's like a last resort attempt at trying to make yourself look good. It's never worked.

Did anyone threaten to ban you? Climb down off that cross.

Admittedly, I tend to agree with Immunity here, because I'm sick of all the anti-ND sentiment, but Pi's right here. Stop trying to martyr yourself. Pi's fair and no moderator is going to ban you for disagreeing with them, unless it's to the point where it's base flaming.

SixThree said:
You forgot the horse slayings/dog punching.
you're right

amended list
- horse slaying
- dog punching
- faked screenshots
- community plants
- threatening phone calls
- threats of litigation over bad publicity
- sabotaging of other mods
- lies
- damn lies
- downright hysteria

Pi Mu Rho said:
Oh, please. Spare me. I'm just calling you on your ridiculous and unwarranted self-righteousness. The fact that Samon is a moderator is irrelevant.
Err... what now? What has that got to do with anything... I haven't even mentioned Samon at all in my previous post, save a minor reference in the vasilen/soap remark.

You have made the gross assumption that he thinks the hangar is dull because of some apparent dislike of DaveL. You refuse to even entertain the notion that it might be because he finds it dull.
I've talked to him enough about ND.

I love the whole "go outside more often" thing. Really, I do. It's like a last resort attempt at trying to make yourself look good. It's never worked.
Keep telling yourself that.

Did anyone threaten to ban you? Climb down off that cross.
Wow, bans are threatened? I thought people were warned that they'd be banned, not threatened. Seriously, though, on other forums that I visit, badmouthing a mod leads to a short vacation off the board. Edit: Just wanted to add a side note. 'Internets' was put instead of 'internet' for a purpose.

And, seriously, did you get a 'Best Comedian' award? Because if you think you're funny, you're actually not. :|

Either way, back on topic we go. Unless DaveL's actions actually have an impact on other mods - promising mods - then yes, your hate for DaveL will be more than justified. For now, I'm looking forward to ND. If it's released, I'll be happy. If not, then not, hey, there are other great modifications, and if ND flops, DaveL will get what you think he deserves.

But most important of all, don't troll if you dislike a game or a modification. Point's zero, save the flames that arise(including this one). Sharing opinion is one thing, saying flat remarks such as 'and no one cares' or ' dull lol' is another thing.

iMMuNiTy said:
Err... what now? What has that got to do with anything... I haven't even mentioned Samon at all in my previous post, save a minor reference in the vasilen/soap remark.

Despite the fact that this all arose from you disbelieving Samon's comments about the Hangar looking dull were actually because he thought it was dull. You invented an ulterior motive.

Keep telling yourself that.
Keep telling myself what? That it never works? Well, unless you can provide evidence of people that thought it was the height of wit and that you went up in their estimation because of it, then I'll just have to carry on assuming that it doesn't.

Wow, bans are threatened? I thought people were warned that they'd be banned, not threatened.
You're just arguing semantics now.

Seriously, though, on other forums that I visit, badmouthing a mod leads to a short vacation off the board. Edit: Just wanted to add a side note. 'Internets' was put instead of 'internet' for a purpose.
This isn't "other forums". Don't make assumptions.

And, seriously, did you get a 'Best Comedian' award? Because if you think you're funny, you're actually not. :|
I wasn't trying to be. I'm talking to you, not playing to some imaginary audience.

Sharing opinion is one thing, saying flat remarks such as 'and no one cares' or ' dull lol' is another thing.
So all opinions are now to be followed with a nice write-up saying why you formed that opinion? Puh-lease.

john3571000 said:
amended list
- horse slaying
- dog punching
- bike stealing
- racketeering
- twelve convictions for unusual and horrible assault
- embryo smuggling
- high treason
- jaywalking with intent to murder
- drug running
- conspiracy to commit battery
- faking screenshots
Fixed.

perfection

edit pi you're such an ass :p
at least treat him with a little respect when you try to argue

I'm tired of your childish behavior, so I'll just clear some things out on my way out.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Despite the fact that this all arose from you disbelieving Samon's comments about the Hangar looking dull were actually because he thought it was dull. You invented an ulterior motive.
You picked that up. Here's my first post in this thread:

I, as a consumer, am only concerned about the final product. DaveL hasn't done anything of FA2 team's nature, yet, or at least not anything that I know of. It's stupid to judge the game because of the developer. So instead of dipping the mod in dirt saying 'hai, hangar's dull', 'hai, photoshops lol', 'hai, titltd view rofl', flame DaveL as much as your heart wishes to.

Unless your vision deceives you yet again, allow me to point out that the main point of the italized post was not Samon bashing the hangar.

This isn't "other forums". Don't make assumptions.
There are certain forum standarts Pi. You're a mod, you should know that, tsk tsk.

So all opinions are now to be followed with a nice write-up saying why you formed that opinion? Puh-lease.
Yeah, let's all just say everything sucks or rocks like 14 year olds. Liek, tolatty, d00d. :stare:

iMMuNiTy said:
"I, as a consumer, am only concerned about the final product. DaveL hasn't done anything of FA2 team's nature, yet, or at least not anything that I know of. It's stupid to judge the game because of the developer. So instead of dipping the mod in dirt saying 'hai, hangar's dull', 'hai, photoshops lol', 'hai, titltd view rofl', flame DaveL as much as your heart wishes to."

Unless your vision deceives you yet again, allow me to point out that the main point of the italized post was not Samon bashing the hangar.
Yeah, but you were saying that everybody bashing the mod is merely doing it because of DaveL.

Which...well, appears not to be entirely the case.

iMMuNiTy said:
I'm tired of your childish behavior, so I'll just clear some things out on my way out.

Childish? Oh, but you are a funny one.

I don't believe that I said it was your main point. I addressed your main point in my original response to you. However:

and
You're missing the point. And I'm pretty sure that it's on purpose. The hangar is a map of DaveL's modification. See the connection? Probably not. I rest my case, seeing as everyone is just foaming to diss this mod and DaveL.

Where you draw the connection between Samon's comment about the hangar, and an attack on DaveL himself.

There are certain forum standarts Pi. You're a mod, you should know that, tsk tsk.
No, there aren't, aside from "common sense". I happen to believe that moderators are not above criticism. They don't get any special treatment in that regard, so that's how it's run.

Yeah, let's all just say everything sucks or rocks like 14 year olds. Liek, tolatty, d00d. :stare:
Yes, because that's what I said, isn't it?

As an aside, I love the expression 'get down of that cross'.

GET DOWN OFF THAT CROSS!

"But my hands are nailed down!"

headpi8ye.gif
-- stfu

Ennui said:
Admittedly, I tend to agree with Immunity here, because I'm sick of all the anti-ND sentiment.

But it isn't going to go anywhere. :)

Immunity, I think its dull. Dull. As in bland. I'm sorry, I don't like the hanger. You are failing at the whole witty thing with Pi, come on, lets not be silly.

PogoP said:
I admit, some of the stuff was photoshopped because ND simply hadn't implemented the HUD yet. But that was 3/4 months ago and even at that stage, the game was playable.
Sorry, it was like 1 month ago when you had that CGW coverage.

It's a shame to see an art team that skilled and awesome loose so much respect because someone (I have no idea about who to blame about lacking anims, bad pr or whatever) can't do stuff properly.
But it is awesome anyway, as long as you aren't lying about everything..

But hey, what can you except when it's alpha 6 (or was it 7 or 8?).

o.O
|______|

SAMON SAYS: "DURKA DURKA DULL"

Back