Nuclear Dawn: Stealth Media

oh man i missed this place. a few things:

Pi, start drinking, go get drunk, pick up chicks, theres so much more to the world then trying to outwit people on the internet.

next: the media for this mod always looks ace. i use to composite character renders over hl1 mapscreens for environments before hl2 came out, so i can understand hyping up images.

next: mod leaders are like cops, theres something pathological you must have in order to even want that position.

my last point, this mod is alot like dystopia in art style, and sadly, both are too similar to hl2 combine. its really cheesy, ive never seen gas masks with glowing eyes till combine, now they are all over the place. I wish the mod had a bit more origionality in character design then what it has, cause i think its sad to have such ace models be such blaitant combine rip offs

polyguns: I'm 30, married and have 3 kids. I don't need to get drunk and pick up chicks :)
I also don't have to try and outwit people on the internet. It happens all by itself :)

st0lve said:
Sorry, it was like 1 month ago when you had that CGW coverage.

It's a shame to see an art team that skilled and awesome loose so much respect because someone (I have no idea about who to blame about lacking anims, bad pr or whatever) can't do stuff properly.
But it is awesome anyway, as long as you aren't lying about everything..

But hey, what can you except when it's alpha 6 (or was it 7 or 8?).

Sorry, but we prepared that media 3 months in advance. The article was released ages after I first saw the media.

I just wish people would stop accusing ND of "lying." Sure, they photoshopped some media a few times, but they DO have a playable mod which is great fun whilst playtesting.

Well it's been fun but HL2.net forums get my blood pressure too high.

polyguns said:

Pi, start drinking, go get drunk, pick up chicks, theres so much more to the world then trying to outwit people on the internet.

next: the media for this mod always looks ace. i use to composite character renders over hl1 mapscreens for environments before hl2 came out, so i can understand hyping up images.

next: mod leaders are like cops, theres something pathological you must have in order to even want that position.

my last point, this mod is alot like dystopia in art style, and sadly, both are too similar to hl2 combine. its really cheesy, ive never seen gas masks with glowing eyes till combine, now they are all over the place. I wish the mod had a bit more origionality in character design then what it has, cause i think its sad to have such ace models be such blaitant combine rip offs

I've missed your steeming piles of manure. :E

Yeah, right, because apart from his frankly stupid comment to Pi he's actually being pretty smart. :p

To me, ND looks great but also not that intriguing. Then again, I loved Dystopia.

Sulkdodds said:
Yeah, right, because apart from his frankly stupid comment to Pi he's actually being pretty smart. :p

Because I said something about the content of his post? If I disagreed with what he said, I would have said so. The fact that I posted a big smiley means thus. I just didn't agree out right. :p

I find it mystifying how people feel the need to direct incredibly stupid ad hominem attacks at their internet enemies. "lol get a girl friend!"

It kind of backfires if you're talking to someone who's already married, or ComradeBadger. -__-

^^lol
Since DaveL kind of is the "source" to all this ND hatred, perhaps he should create a new profile, "fire himself" from ND, then let his staff "elect" this new alias and tell the world DaveL's gone and replaced by Mr Niceguy! :p
Though that would be a Dr Evil thing to do ;)

Sulkdodds said:
I find it mystifying how people feel the need to direct incredibly stupid ad hominem attacks at their internet enemies. "lol get a girl friend!"

It kind of backfires if you're talking to someone who's already married, or ComradeBadger. -__-

Go get drunk or something. :|

SixThree said:

Yeah, I know. :p

PogoP said:
I'm going to have to jump in right here. Your posts make me EXTREMELY angry, the things that you're saying are not true at all.

Wow! So you find a compelling need to say it?

'Hey, I'm angry at what you just said. Sorry, I mean extremely.'

Doesn't sound like angry to me.

Than the people respond like 'RAWR the watteeeerr is shaaakinnn'... uh oh here comes the trex o shitsnits'.

Now, the above relates to ND.

The 'angry' hoo-hah is about faking screenshots. I've heard ND guys saying that it's just for the mod to look better. Well, you'll probably get responses like 'rawr' except that it, uh, actually relates to the screenshots.

So basically, just fire DaveL, explain to the community and explain and show real screenshots and stop killing animals and well stuff and sponsor things like SPCA or maybe SPCI in which 'I' stands for items and everything should be fine.

EDIT: This is actually quite fun to participate in.

Anyway, the thread title should be changed to 'ND: Stealthy Media'.

EDIT: Post #30 had me in stitches... that was a good one.

Kester^ said:
Although Spence (rabidmonkey) is working on both NDand BM. He was our project leader, which has since been passed on the cman2k

That's not good.

polyguns said:

Pi Mu Rho said:
polyguns: I'm 30, married and have 3 kids. I don't need to get drunk and pick up chicks :)
I also don't have to try and outwit people on the internet. It happens all by itself :)

Assumptions are the lowest form of knowledge.

polyguns said:
pick up chicks

Oh shit, here's an idea; run from the not-so-tempting temptation!

I'm getting deja vu from this thread, anyone else? Quit while you are ahead, but i'm lead to believe that's DaveL's line for other mod teams, right? Well quit while ND are far behind, the media releases aren't worth the bad press surely, ask Crispy he knows all! The fans will come to you if they are interested.

bigburpco said:
Wow! So you find a compelling need to say it?

'Hey, I'm angry at what you just said. Sorry, I mean extremely.'

Doesn't sound like angry to me.

Eh? If I showed my 'angryness', I'd have been flamed for typing like a noob. I prefer to keep my anger under control and present things in a way in which other people can further the discussion.

:)

But 'Hey! I'm angry!' just doesn't cut it.

We need emotions, damn it! Goddamn Jedis!

Back