Occupations!

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of topics have been discussed here, but I can never recall seeing one about occupations. Even if there has been, if people here are anything like me then they change their job as much as their socks (yes I smell) so it may have changed since you last posted about it.

What's your job title and what do you do?

I'm a programmer :x

Over the years I developed excellent meditation techniques allowing me to stare at the computer screen for up to 1 hour at a time while doing nothing.

I'm an editor at a newsradio-station.

BTW Chris, what do you do besides moderating?

What were you doing before Press?

I'm a Travel Service Representative for www.expedia.co.uk

I basically work in their sales call centre, taking calls from people who want to book/inquire a holiday and I have to convert the call into a booking.

I'm unemployed and practicing retirement before returning to work

You may not realize it yet, but I'm the ruler of the world.

Shuzer said:
You may not realize it yet, but I'm the ruler of the world.

Yeah, well, I'm the ruler of Mars.

Btw, what the hell are these weird driving things you keep dropping on my planet, bastards.

I'm a car detailer, w00t w00t..I'm only 16 so it's a pretty good job.

i'm a student, also lead designer for AGP. the course i'm doing and my job go hand in hand, so i suppose it's all good.

Student...graduating in May with a Bachelor's in Electronic Engineering Tech. Gonna find a job (hopefully...gg bush) Then going to grad school for a Human Factors masters degree.

I'm a student, but also a part-time library assistant!!!111

It pays shitloads, so that's nice :)

I mow a couple lawns, and hopefully I'll get a job at the local Army Navy Outdoors store soon.

Grade 12 highschool student. I occasionally get paid to manufacture circuit boards.

im a bum... lol j/k

i don't have a great job right now :(
it doesn't pay great.. and right now the hours are scarce.. (a big reason why im on strict budget as far as games and upgrades go) im averaging about 23 hours a week..
yup, i need to find a new job.. but these days here in Toronto, Canada it just isn't easy :|

expedia eh Chris? theres also a Canadian branch here.. they are advertising alot here these days :)

I do air conditioning. subcontracting that is, HA easiest job I swear we basically go into the attic take the furnace/coil out, throw in another one and boom out of there in 4 hours :).

I'm a software architect, designer, and developer. I focus on emerging technologies and solutions such as Web Services. I've developed the backbone of quite a few websites as well, such as the marketing system for www.quiznos.com and all the reservation systems for The Tropicana in LV: www.tropicanalv.com. If anyone has been to any recent autoshows and visited the Audi section you might have noticed them carrying around little PDA's and taking down names and emails. I wrote the system that takes that information and spams you (sorry). Also, with Audi, myself and another developer created a web service that processes the information requests for Audi vehicles from almost every major car website, such as edmunds.com, carpoint, and all the Audi sites.

Currently, I'm working with Microsoft's up and coming "Longhorn" OS with XAML as well as doing some writing.

--Mr. Bildo

By day I am a mild-mannered news reporter, by night...well, I'm a mild-mannered news reporter aslo.

Dr. Freeman said:
im a bum... lol j/k

i don't have a great job right now :(
it doesn't pay great.. and right now the hours are scarce.. (a big reason why im on strict budget as far as games and upgrades go) im averaging about 23 hours a week..
yup, i need to find a new job.. but these days here in Toronto, Canada it just isn't easy :|

expedia eh Chris? theres also a Canadian branch here.. they are advertising alot here these days :)
Yep Im only supposed to be on the phones for 7 hours a day, interspersed with 2 10 minute cigarette breaks and a 40 minute lunch, but yesterday it was so busy for us (because we're advertising too) that I only actually had a 10 minute break though.

Made 16 bookings though = £56.32 :D

GhostValkyrie said:
By day I am a mild-mannered news reporter, by night...well, I'm a mild-mannered news reporter aslo.
What like on the TV?

Maskirovka said:
Gonna find a job (hopefully...gg bush).
lol.. bush pwned you!

i'm a paid grad student in planetary sciences for now.. could change soon if they catch on to the shitty job i'm doing :(

Nice topic Chris;

I am a student studying Multiple ProgrammingL such as C++, EIFFEL, JAVA, VC++.NET, and C#.

The course I am taking at Herts university is CS year 1, three years more and I hopfully be a Programmer. :)

G0rgon said:
The course I am taking at Herts university is CS year 1, three years more and I hopfully be a Programmer. :)

you study Counterstrike? OMG!!!1!!one!!1

j/k..

biology masters student here..

Im a student but i also helps out as a network technician on the summers/winters/when i got time. Almost no work but alot of money :)

Im a moderator....

I did work in a cafe at Manchester Airport from september to this January, but it closed down. However, I'm about to go on a medical study, where they will test drugs on me and I'm getting paid £2000....Which is nice. Its Anti Depressants that are being tested, along with something for scitzophrenia. They want to see the reaction between the two. The anti depressant is actually, i think, the most prescribed drug in the UK. Happy to know they eh?

Oh and I'm a student as well :D Fun Fun Fun. I just finished my Janurary exams too, which is also nice.

Im on the IT staff at a state university :)
I just got a pay raise (WOOT)
My job is great but ill be going back to the computer shop where i used to work in the summer. :) So free t1 for me all around. :)

Farrowlesparrow said:
Im a moderator....

I did work in a cafe at Manchester Airport from september to this January, but it closed down. However, I'm about to go on a medical study, where they will test drugs on me and I'm getting paid £2000....Which is nice. Its Anti Depressants that are being tested, along with something for scitzophrenia. They want to see the reaction between the two. The anti depressant is actually, i think, the most prescribed drug in the UK. Happy to know they eh?

Oh and I'm a student as well :D Fun Fun Fun. I just finished my Janurary exams too, which is also nice.

Dood are you depressed? because i can get a apple press to repress you :)

I work at Safeway, joy.

If anyone finds a good job let me know :)

Funny really..I really don't think of you as a Safeway kinda guy. I mean, i wouldnt picture you in a supermarket at all, but if i did it would be Tesco more than anything.

i scrub inch thick beef grease off of meat boilers for minimum wage so ic an make cell phone payments. im 15.

I'm a cashier at a gassation. If you ever are buying gas at a Mobil, in Colton, California, PLEASE look at your pump number before you come in.

Oh and I'm learning to be a commercial truck driver. Yeeeeehaaaw!!

I was in college, but I just couldn't decide on a major. So, after a few years of truckdriving ("yeehaw":|), I'm hoping I've decided by then. Ofcourse, I'm only gonna go to college so that I can be a man of education.

I'll be getting my real money from real estate investment. :D

active duty air force here.... i supposedly work with WANs and cisco routers and such...

Hmmm...

In order of importance:

1. Multidisciplinary Computer Science Student.
2. Datasprite Keeper.
3. Head Dude on EoJ.
4. Gentleman of Leisure.

[voice=yoda]Lab rats are we farrowlesparrow?[/voice]

I'm an independent (freelance) automotive designer & 3D modeler.

For £2000 I'l be any kind of rat you want me to be...Except possibly love rat, that is where i draw the line.

Back