Official E3 2004 DISCUSSION Thread

Synthaxx R-or said:
Connect to Half Life Radio now, Live E3 webcast has been playing for 11 minutes.
Nothing new yet.
Connect NOW!
http://www.halfliferadio.com

i tuned into late. i'm sure they already talked about MP... did anyone catch it? the headline on half life radio website says they will be talking about multiplayer more.. what did they say!??!

junco said:
i tuned into late. i'm sure they already talked about MP... did anyone catch it? the headline on half life radio website says they will be talking about multiplayer more.. what did they say!??!
They have not interviewd Gabe yet, but will soon, so tune in!

It seems that HL radio claimed once before that they would interview gabe live & didn't.

junco said:

They said CS-Source is the MP and it 'looks so awesome', and then babbled about stairs and skyboxes and how cool the water looked.

dscowboy said:
They said CS-Source is the MP and it 'looks so awesome', and then babbled about stairs and skyboxes and how cool the water looked.

still confused. does this mean cs-source is the MP part of HL2 and so we won't have to pay extra for it? the stuff we have to pay for will be CS2 and other addon mods?

junco said:
still confused. does this mean cs-source is the MP part of HL2 and so we won't have to pay extra for it? the stuff we have to pay for will be CS2 and other addon mods?

That's what everyone on the board is arguing about right now. To me it looks like CS-Source will be including with HL2 as the multiplayer, and it will also be available in retail like CS currently is. No word on if some kind of HL2DM is also going to be included with HL2.

junco said:

yeah, i'm confused about this too. i think cs-source will added on to the sp-mp version of hl2, and the other conversions to hl2 will NOT be free. maybe i'm wrong, i just wish valve would now release more nfo about the versions of hl2 being released and the prices of everything. if cs-source isn't free, i don't think i'm gonna pay for it. it's not like it's revolutionary gameplay - it's cs Extreme Makeover(sry ABC). it's counter-strike, just prettier. whoop-dee. who knows, i could be eating my words in a couple of months.

These hlradio guys are confusing. They said Gabe and Doug would be on at 7. It's 9:30 now, and they haven't even mentioned anything like "well, they wont be on tonight." Instead, there's some guy singing about Alyx on an acoustic guitar. Someone needs to ask Gabe what the heck is going on.

Apos said:
These hlradio guys are confusing. They said Gabe and Doug would be on at 7. It's 9:30 now, and they haven't even mentioned anything like "well, they wont be on tonight." Instead, there's some guy singing about Alyx on an acoustic guitar. Someone needs to ask Gabe what the heck is going on.

Yeah, it's now 3:38AM here in cold rainy holland, and still no interview. And they haven't even said a word when they would get to it. I'm really starting to doubt if they are even gonna do one.
Oh and their choice of music sucks :rolling: my head hurts... again

well they had one earlier.. sort of.. there replaying it later and tommorow, i hope they have another tommorow and ask some more juicy questions.

Now downloading the new 165 mb IGN Insider video that I posted about in the sticky at the top of the page... slow going here.

monkeydust said:
Now downloading the new 165 mb IGN Insider video that I posted about in the sticky at the top of the page... slow going here.

Would you mind spreading the wealth after you get it?

pretty please?

:)

I totally called this 4 months ago (15-01-2004, 06:23 PM )

CreedoG said:
I've had this "Counter-Strike: Classic" idea for a while now, and it really makes sense.

Just release HL2 MP as a standard low fare multiplayer game much like original HL. Not a lot of work, easy to do, not overly time consuming, low risk, etc. But then just port normal counter strike to the Source engine. That'll help ween the cs players from the old engine to the new engine (best reason to do it), it'd be a great test for the Source engine mp capabilities (that can be used for TF2 and CS2), and it'd make fans really really happy. And it woudn't be overly hard to accomplish.

Why not do it? They did it originally for us with TFC, to help tide us over till the real game (still waiting). The only reason I can see as why NOT to do it would be if CS2 is relatively close to release, or if the HL2 mp is already pretty freakin' cool, or if CS2 really IS the mp side of HL2.

It really has got to be something good, otherwise why do they have the singleplayer only sku version of the game? I can't see them leaving out really simple deathmatch, team dm, and ctf, for a $20 difference in price. Unless they're counting so heavily on mods that they think the mods themselves as a whole are worth the $20. That's like saying, "Here's our game, $30. If you want to be able to add stuff to our game, and then play it, then please pay $50". that'd be pretty asinine(sp?) IMHO.

Just started watching it (stopped the download and restarted with DAP to get it faster). It is the same presentation video that we saw from earlier today but much better quality.

Back