**Official EP1 Pics Thread** Spoilers **

Rafa 5.0

Spy
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I really am into the artsy aspect of the HL games and was wondering if you could all post your HLEP1 pics in here, wallpapers that you might have made or anything funny/unusual that you came across.

I'll start it off. (I did NOT resize these on purpose, just in case someone wants to use them as background)

ep1_citadel_030032.jpg

ep1_citadel_030031.jpg

ep1_citadel_020028.jpg

ep1_citadel_010016.jpg

ep1_citadel_000004.jpg

ep1_citadel_000000.jpg

ep1_c17_010001.jpg

I really don't have any pics so heres a video :)
*uploading first*

AMD Athlon XP 3200, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, 1 Gig PC2700 Ram, 160GB HDD.

Running the game @ 1280 x 1024 with everything maxxed except "color correction" and "Vertical Sync"

ouch - you took that hopper like a man. lol I'd post pictures, but I run the game at 1920x1200 (everything maxed :E) and most image sharing places won't host pictures that big.

Adabiviak said:
ouch - you took that hopper like a man. lol I'd post pictures, but I run the game at 1920x1200 (everything maxed :E) and most image sharing places won't host pictures that big.

Yeah, I seen the hopper too late X-D "Ahh crap, there goes my health" :cheese:

I wish I could run full HDR, but I was stuttering as it was :( For some damn stupid reason though...it has an asterix on "Full HDR" saying it recommends it D:

Darksabre said:
I wish I could run full HDR, but I was stuttering as it was :( For some damn stupid reason though...it has an asterix on "Full HDR" saying it recommends it D:

Maybe your ram is low?
Because prior to upgrading from 512MB(2 256mb sticks) to 1gig, I have had problems in the game even of recommended settings.
But for a $70 for 2 new 512MB ram sticks = 1 gig, everything now moves a lot smoother.

I have a 2.8Ghz CPU, 2gb of RAM, and a 128mb Radeon 9600 AGP card, and I still lag with HDR off, but everything else Asterisked at 800x600...

Btw, love that vid shooting down the gunship in the house :)

aquabelic said:
Maybe your ram is low?
Because prior to upgrading from 512MB(2 256mb sticks) to 1gig, I have had problems in the game even of recommended settings.
But for a $70 for 2 new 512MB ram sticks = 1 gig, everything now moves a lot smoother.

Haha, yeah I have 512 at the moment...might consider it thanks :)

Anyway, I didn't take many screenies...but here are some I found to be nice looking.

Love the lighting in this screen...

ep1_c17_02a0008.jpg

And of course...the orb.

ep1_citadel_030002.jpg

I've got this one of a car on its bumper not moving...i cant upload it just yet...no host....

anyways yeah i was trying to cover an antlion thingy and one came out as it was starting to tip and so it landed on the car and stopped it...it was weird cause he got stuck for a bit and the car would fall over until i shot it was the gravity gun.

Ok, time for a proper screenshot post (I started replaying it with HDR...HOLY SHIT I'M BLIND)

Anyway, nice shot of Alyx and Dog with the HDR in background -

Dog%20%3D%20HDR.jpg

Then the HDR deal started to get out of hand...

Extreme.jpg

And when I reached the reactor, almost headache inducing -

Over%20the%20top.jpg

Over%20the%20top%202.jpg

Still, there was one great bit during the reactor, where after shooting combine in it for a while...I managed to get one "floating" on top it. As the orb expanded and "inhaled" it sucked the combine in, but he floated back up! Soon the orb finally swallowed him, but it was hilarious watching the ragdoll combined with uber physics swishing him round.

Floating%20combine.jpg

One last one, everytime I go in the dark...it looks as if the shadows **** up on my pistol, does anyone else get this? And is it fixable?

Pistol%20fdck%20up.jpg

I get the pistol in the dark thing too
one of the maps for it (representing smudges of wear and tear which appear in certain light) seems to go wonky

Update your drivers, this usually helps problems like that.

Unfortunately, I had this problem when I had HDR off as well. I think it started when that stupid 64 bug came out (remember when everything was uber shiny?) . I've updated my drivers as well.

yea i have that pistol in the dark thingy too
its disturbing ><

I found him on the TV...

ep1_c17_02b0013.jpg

And this one of Alyx makes me chuckle...

ep1_citadel_000001.jpg

bigburpco said:
Outrageous! Where's Lamarr?!

watch the video long enough and he holds up lamarr "carfull lamarr, get off that lamp its hot"

but how does lamarr survive, didnt it teleport to the beach?

Back