**Official EP1 Pics Thread** Spoilers **

Wow those are some pretty screens. I take it that everything's on high?

ep1_citadel_000021.jpg
here are soem of mine.
ep1_citadel_010044.jpg

ep1_citadel_010045.jpg

ep1_citadel_000032.jpg

ep1_citadel_000029.jpg

ep1_citadel_000027.jpg

ep1_citadel_000022.jpg

ep1_citadel_000017.jpg

ep1_citadel_000014.jpg

ep1_citadel_000010.jpg

ep1_citadel_000007.jpg

Yes, very sexeh. I really need to stop looking at all these screenies with amazing graphics because it makes me cry at night. ;(

Where's G-Man's breifcase? I can't see it.

i see u used ur brains on the last pic, i dint :( i ran into the balls like a lunatic, & fended off the balls with ma GG.

shuin4 said:
Crying Couple was in Ep 1 AND I MISSED THEM?! ;(
They are in the room with the TV. Except they are watching Kleiner on TV when you go through and up the stairs.

I dont like the way they bash Kleiner, they should be stalkerified for that!

Best part is that I have a pc that is was good like...3 years ago. And yet I can play everything near high with everything shiny and get similar results to high end PC screenies :) (Although at lower resolution..and more jaggies)

What's with all these people with low gfx in ep1? And can u see real time reflections on shiney stuff?

No realtime reflections. The reflections are based from cubemaps set in certain areas of a map.

But why do most people leave their gfx on low?

to get better framerates because their computer isn't as high end as everyone else's.

OK, here's my pics...mostly taken because I liked the mood of those places. As a speciality these shouldn't spoil the game that much since I didn't take pics of any key moments which would give away what's actually happening or how something is actually done.

ep1_citadel_020000.jpg

ep1_citadel_02b0001.jpg

ep1_citadel_030003.jpg

ep1_citadel_030004.jpg

ep1_citadel_030006.jpg

ep1_c17_000000.jpg

ep1_c17_010003.jpg

ep1_c17_060001.jpg

ep1_c17_060010.jpg

i did some snooping around :)

these are some pics of a cork board i found in the arctic hideout....more watermelon for lamarr?

Yeah that's the exact same cork board on Kleiner's lab... interesting still.

i did play HL2. i guess i didnt remember what were on the boards.

smokeythebear said:
watch the video long enough and he holds up lamarr "carfull lamarr, get off that lamp its hot"

but how does lamarr survive, didnt it teleport to the beach?

Nope. It's 'Careful Lamarr, these lamps are quite hot!' I mean, where's the model?

Saketi said:
i see u used ur brains on the last pic, i dint :( i ran into the balls like a lunatic, & fended off the balls with ma GG.

lol i believe valve intended us to dodge the energy balls crouch forward left right crouch left forward etc

but good idea with that shield tho, never thought of it XD

lammmbda said:
lol i believe valve intended us to dodge the energy balls crouch forward left right crouch left forward etc

but good idea with that shield tho, never thought of it XD

I don't think so. It'd be too hard. X(

Thats what I did, it was hard but there is deffiently a sequence to follow with the energy balls which i think was Valve's intent

I thought repelling them was easy enough, but the shield's a really good idea.

Well as soon as I saw that I had to crouch and get through all those energy orbs, I was like, hell no.

I just started thinking, I don't think Valve intends me to Rambo this..... and this game is "like" real life in the sense that you can interact with your surroundings and there are physics involved here.. so maybe I can block these things... and viola!

A few pics... (edited)

A few that focus on Alyx, and some other stuff. A couple are setups using the gravgun. I shrunk them to 800x600...

Some portraits...

alyx_portrait1.jpg

alyx_portrait2.jpg

alyx_portrait3.jpg

alyx_portrait4.jpg

alyx_portrait5.jpg

Her conscience got the best of her here...

bring_out_yer_dead.jpg

Ouch! Talk about cruel and unusual...

dont_mess_with_alyx.jpg

A couple of stalker shots...

stalker1.jpg

stalker2.jpg

And something random from HL2. I was herding citizens at one point...

minding_the_flock.jpg

P

ep1c1702a00112ig.jpg

ep1c1702a00103ba.jpg

ep1c1702a00035pw.jpg

HDR goodness! They really optimised it and I could play quite comfortably with HDR on, getting more out of Episode One :)

The last pic lookes better in-game, though, I didn't notice how jaggy the wood was without AA.

BTW, anyone else thought that it took a bit too long to adjust the "eye" to the brightness?

I've got to add another one..mmm...sweet IMHO.

ep1citadel0300476zj.jpg

Unfocused said:
I've got to add another one..mmm...sweet IMHO.

ep1citadel0300476zj.jpg
I can imagine how hot the dark fusion reactor room would be... if it's that bright... besides expanding and melting the walkway around it!! Hope Gordon has in-suit AC :cheese:

Saketi said:
Same! I swore a lot as well.
And when I saw that picture, I actually said, out loud - "Oh you're f*cking kidding me... Of course."

Back