Official HL2.net Hadron Collider / New Resonance Cascade thread

DEAR GOD WE ARE ALL DOOMED. EVERY VIRGIN HL2.NET MEMBER WHO IS NOT UNDERAGE OR A MAN COME HERE NOW.

You can't die virgins :(

I just realised the thread title says "new" Resonance Cascade.

lol

I just realised the thread title says "new" Resonance Cascade.

lol

That's because HL tells the historical events that have happened in a parallel Universe that happens to be similar to ours. The difference is it happened 10 years sooner there...

lol

on the other side,i am quite scared of the LHC,arent you guys even a bit?

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/LHC/Safety-en.html

No Im not. Every argument made against the LHC has been completely and utterly destroyed, the people who are against it are just the same sort of twats you get with every experiment of this magnitude, its people looking for money. The difference this time is that the people who spoke against the LHC clearly do not have clue what they talking about.

They even delayed the starting up process earlier in the summer so that the US goverment could send its own independant group of scientists down to run a full safety check of everything and they came back and concluded that there was absolutely no cause for concern.

Why must people feel it their duty to start up paranoid frenzies about when all these scientists are trying to do is expand our knowledge of our universe. If they are so obsessed with death and destruction all the time why dont they just throw themselves out of a window and be done with it.

Sheesh.

What time is it going active?

The starting up processes start tommorow 7:30 GMT, we wont get any collisions until late October, early November. But it could be as many as a few years before they actually find what they are looking for. They estimate about a 60% chance of finding proof of the Higgins Boson.

I very much doubt that humans have the capacity to destroy a planet yet, and like all these reports have said, nature has done what the LHC has done millions of times. (although a million times in earths billions life-span isn't that much...something non-earth destructioning could happen hmm)

But anyway yeh, i'm pretty sure there have been proton/particle w/e colliders before amirite? Just on a lesser scale to this "potential" WMD.

I honestly don't have a clue about physics but it will be interesting to see what happens after reading all these articles about how this experiment could change so many things in physics.

Nothing to be worried about in the end, it doesn't take a genious to figure out the this machine doesn't have the same power as a sun collapsing on itself and hence no blackholes forming...

Just don't get stoned like at 6.50 tomoz and remember whats gonna be happening at 7, that might just make your brain explode :)

That whole "new resonance cascade" thing is indeed bullshit.
Our "final" experiment in LHC is about collision of particles. Black Mesa performed quantum entanglement experiment.
I'm thinking about visiting Geneva and CERN in November, it's gonna be awesome.

That whole "new resonance cascade" thing is indeed bullshit.
Our "final" experiment in LHC is about collision of particles. Black Mesa performed quantum entanglement experiment.
I'm thinking about visiting Geneva and CERN in November, it's gonna be awesome.

Not to mention the resonance cascade didnt even happen rofl.

yes,tomorrow,all those hours playing halflife will finally have its use

It's not going to kill us tommorow it's going to kill us on October 21st. Which sucks because that's the day Fable 2 comes out.

We're gonna kill ourselves sooner or later anyway, we might aswell make it cool.

It should already be tomorrow in Australia, so we should be fine. Then again, the Aussies are notorious pranksters. They probably put up a cardboard cutout of the country so everyone thinks it's still there. Jackasses.

Thank Stiggy for that one.

I heard a couple of the scientists talking earlier... one was saying something like "What the HELL is going on with our equipment?", and the other said something like "It's about to go critical!". Dunno if that means anything.

It's officially the 10th here now, I'll let you know if anything happens.

6:30pm tonight New Zealand time! Don't expect anything exciting though, there's no colliding until next month.

The Aurora Borealis is dramatic tonight, I wonder if that means anything

sure, just have a look at the sky, you should be able to see the atmosphere folding in on itself.

i thought they created black holes that were extremely tiny and that only lasted for less than a millisecond? What's everyone so worried about?

The math behind it is untested theory, so it could be wrong and it will doom us.

sure, just have a look at the sky, you should be able to see the atmosphere folding in on itself.

I say again...they don't begin colliding until next month. They're only turning it on today, not testing.

If it does screw up, I hope someone says "Attempting shut down.. it's not.. it's not shutting down arrrrggghhhh!!!". That'd be funny.

T-minus 2 and a half hours and counting.

Black holes don't come into it until later.

Back