Official HL2.net Hadron Collider / New Resonance Cascade thread

blackhole' and 'LHCblackhole' and 'LHCblackhole' and 'LHCblackhole' and 'LHCblackhole' and 'LHCblackhole' and 'LHCblackhole' and 'LHC

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

No, but i dont understand why people are getting so seriously pissed off at people who think the world would end, just laugh at them, thats what i do, its funny, amusing. Nothing to get angry over geez...you know nothing is gona happen so why get all worked up? Point and laugh instead :rolleyes:

Im not really pissed off at them, but just the people who started it. I mean why?

Could this be the next resonance cascade anyone? Well something like it except in this there a 50-50 chance of something bad happening

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread386817/pg1

I'm sorry, 50/50 chance? Did anyone chastise this guy for saying that yet? I haven't read the whole thread of Gordon Freeman references.

There's like a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of something bad happening.

The actual odds were 1 in 50 million I think. Which is basically implies impossible.

The term is singularity.

actually the term is micro singularity because the starting mass is less than that of a star which is the baseline for using the term singularity.

hehehe I love being a dick

So rather then sort through a bunch of stupid posts to find the answer - What's the day they start this bitch up?

So rather then sort through a bunch of stupid posts to find the answer - What's the day they start this bitch up?

Today. Today is the day when they started that bitch up. And we're still here - for now.

actually the term is micro singularity because the starting mass is less than that of a star which is the baseline for using the term singularity.

hehehe I love being a dick

My mum says I'm a star...

:(

Hope this one hasn't been posted yet.

256fu4g8919900tz3.jpg

They all have those, they're like shock absorbers.

It's the standard hard-hat back-brace, but as a suit-wearing executive he has no clue how to wear it

omg no dyde.

50/50 basically means 50 from 100. so that's half. or 1 out of 2. that's also half. so that makes it 50% chance. but if it's one in 50 million, that's basically less than half. imagine an apple pie that was cut in 50 million pieces. then you'd given the task to feed 50 million chinese people but one of them has already eaten so he doesn't need any food. so there's a 1 in a 50 million chance that you'd waste one piece of the apple pie. that's basically how the law of probability works.

Famous last words if I ever did see them.

(I kid.)

Remember a particulary funny Red Dwarf episode where they find a machine that replicates objects, they **** it up and Red Dwarf ends up disintegrating around them. They escape and Lister says:

'Guys there is nothing to worry about anyway, the ship has got hundreds of safety systems, self contamination zones, in fact the chances of the ship actually blowing is about one in..'

*ship blows up*

'....one...'

:LOL:

omg no dyde.

50/50 basically means 50 from 100. so that's half. or 1 out of 2. that's also half. so that makes it 50% chance. but if it's one in 50 million, that's basically less than half. imagine an apple pie that was cut in 50 million pieces. then you'd given the task to feed 50 million chinese people but one of them has already eaten so he doesn't need any food. so there's a 1 in a 50 million chance that you'd waste one piece of the apple pie. that's basically how the law of probability works.

Omg I lol'd.

Not a strong one in maths, are ya?

He wasn't actually serious, was he? He couldn't have been...it's impossible to be older than 12 years old these days not know what "odds" are. Poker alone should teach anyone that.

Well, he is 17. But still...

Large Hadron Collider sounds much better. It makes it sound scientific. It has nothing too do with a self-sustaining man-made biosphere in the shape of a ring.

I'm getting reeeeaaally tired of this end of the world shit.

It ain't happenin', shaddup already

God damn. It's one thing after another, ain't it?

this is sort of a testing phase to make sure everything works

30 ton transformer... that sounds like something out of Back to the Future.

The most it will do is destroy Europe.
I'm okay with that.

Back