Opposing Shephard seeking talented concept artists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood

Reaction score
Hello, I'm {*HollywooD*}, PR Manager and Co-Leader for the Opposing Shephard team. I post this thread today to ask of your help for this Half Life 2 modification, Opposing Shephard. For those of you that may or may not know, Opposing Shephard is an unofficial sequel to Gearbox's expansion pack for Game Of The Year Half Life, Opposing Force. Which, had you take on the role of Adrian Shephard, a soldier sent in to eliminate Gordon Freeman, you are separated from your base unit and discover a new alien race amidst the chaos. It's quickly revealed that these highly advanced alien life forms descended upon Earth to pillage the planet from the Black Mesa facility when Gordon Freeman transported to the border world of Xen. Opposing Shephard will continue where you left off, being woke up by the G-man from his stasis. Along the way, you'll meet old friends like Otis, the Boot camp Instructor, and many more. Hopefully, you'll see our rendition of the Race X homeworld. For more information, please refer to our forums: http://s12.invisionfree.com/OpposingShephard/index.php?act=idx

Now, we are currently looking for talented concept artists willing to join this modification. If you believe you can fulfill this position, email Operative LM, Project Leader, at [email protected]. Also, if you have MSN, his email address is his MSN.

-- {*HollywooD*}, PR Manager and Co-Leader for the Opposing Shephard modification for Half Life 2

Oh very sorry :(. Could a moderator please move this to Help Wanted?

GonzoBabbleshit said:
Are you guys ever looking for anything other than concept artists?

That made me laugh :D

You guys still havn't created a website yet? And for like a year we've only seen concept art? You guys ought to get a move on, I think you lost the support of this community. Is this the 3rd team to continue Opposing Shephard?

Here's a concept for ya: Getting a better name and not ripping copyrighted work from other games. :O

92694620050513screen0043ry.jpg

^ Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter model.

osbanner4nb.gif

^ Opposing Shephard site banner.

I don't get it. So you took a concept image from Ghost Recon?....... explain.

I'd like an explanation why they are using Ghost Recon's images to promote themselves as well.

lol! well im pretty sure it was one team. then it died. then it got brought back to life when another team merged ike when buissness's merge. i could be wrong but you know. they have a fair bit done and general leet is a good coder.

First, get rid of that logo before Tom Clancy comes in and rapes you.

He's an old dude, but I think he's still got it in him.

I like how the sleeper guy actually signed the banner, as though he did anything other than cut, paste and then scribble some sort of grime texture brush all over other people's stuff.

The funny thing is that when I saw the banner it was like "no way in hell could opposing shephard make that model, I bet they stole it from Ghost Recon or some other army game."
One google image search later, and wham.

Stealing work is stupid.
Stealing work and then doing nothing to conceal that fact is stupider.
Stealing work straight off the cover of a major Xbox 360 game and hoping everyone will think you made it is stupidest.

Making a mod called Opposing Shephard and sucking hard at it is the STUPIDEST... give up the game it's never going anywhere

1. You say you need concept artists. That's all well and good, but do you have a coder, a modeller, mappers and other essentials? (*_*)

2. What the **** does that banner have to do with your subject matter anyway? If you're going to rip boxart anyway you might as well rip it from the Opposing Force box. <(O_O)>

3. Has anyone done anything on the mod so far? {T.T}

Sulkdodds said:
1. You say you need concept artists. That's all well and good, but do you have a coder, a modeller, mappers and other essentials? (*_*)

2. What the **** does that banner have to do with your subject matter anyway? If you're going to rip boxart anyway you might as well rip it from the Opposing Force box. <(O_O)>

3. Has anyone done anything on the mod so far? {T.T}

1. Yes. Coder: General1337. Modeller: MajorPaine. Mappers: Madedog, Something. Concept Artists: Emilio Rodriguez, MajorPaine.

2. the banner is going to be replace by the end of the week.

3. the story for part 1 is Competed, we need concept artist to map out the story the land scape of the City 43 & the waste land

hope I A some of your Q's ;) :p

You could have used the edit button, it's that little button in the bottom right of your post that says "edit." Hopefully your team you listed gets much farther then all the other teams that have worked on this mod. Good luck.

That banner should be gone now, what the hell is going to take a week? I'm tellin you, Tom Clancy is gonna go Rainbow Six on your ass.

Well, Tom Clancy won't be coming to the forum and going "Rainbow Six" on our ass anytime soon. The topic was "Opposing Shephard seeking talented concept artists", not "Bash the Opposing Shephard mod for Half Life 2!" I mean, comments like "Are you guys ever looking for anything other than concept artists?" don't exactly help. If your interested in working as a concept artist for this modification, just email Operative LM at [email protected].

StAtiC said:
First, get rid of that logo before Tom Clancy comes in and rapes you.

hahahah that made me laugh :D

-dodo

whoa whoa whoa... I wouldn't be calling people on the forums bad words like that now! I suppose that logo is better then the tom clancy one, but the render clouds > filter one isn't much better either. Good luck! <-- positive

Sulkdodds said:
Oh, the professionalism.

O' Rly and bashing this mod make you seem immature, oh C'om Were just trying to make a mod, if you don't like it fine, just leave us alone and get on with it :smoking:

I wanted to show you guys what an effective banner looked like, and how they can really portray the mod they stand for. So I cooked one up for you guys, I think this one is definetly superior and you should put it up ASAP or make one just like it. KK!!!! Great! :sniper:

OpposingShephard.jpg

EDIT: BTW I HAVE IN PSD FORM IF YOU GUYS NEED IT!!! KK THX!!!

hotnumbers said:
O' Rly and bashing this mod make you seem immature, oh C'om Were just trying to make a mod, if you don't like it fine, just leave us alone and get on with it

Oh-ho, this attitude again! This is the internet. For god's sake, get used to it. There are a million morons out there who will insult anything and everything and a million more non-morons who will insult whatever the hell they damn well like for their own personal reasons. He didn't even bash your mod - all he said was that a comment made him laugh (come on, don't you find the idea of Tom Clancy chasing you over the rooftops shouting "if I catch you, I'm going to f*ck you! If I catch you, I'm going to f*ck you!" rather amusing?).

You are the one making the mod. You are the one who must prove what you're doing is worth anyone's time. You shouldn't expect automatic respect just because you're making a mod. You shouldn't expect people not to criticise you whatever you do. I stress: this is the internet. I mean come on. You must take the moral high ground. If that's really your stance - "if you don't like it, that's your problem" - then why are you calling anyone a wanker? People can and may well bitch and moan and grown and spit and curse and run their mouths at you all they want, but why descend to their level? F*ck 'em.

Fabulous!

Sulkdodds said:
Oh-ho, this attitude again! This is the internet. For god's sake, get used to it. There are a million morons out there who will insult anything and everything and a million more non-morons who will insult whatever the hell they damn well like for their own personal reasons. He didn't even bash your mod - all he said was that a comment made him laugh (come on, don't you find the idea of Tom Clancy chasing you over the rooftops shouting "if I catch you, I'm going to f*ck you! If I catch you, I'm going to f*ck you!" rather amusing?).

You are the one making the mod. You are the one who must prove what you're doing is worth anyone's time. You shouldn't expect automatic respect just because you're making a mod. You shouldn't expect people not to criticise you whatever you do. I stress: this is the internet. I mean come on. You must take the moral high ground. If that's really your stance - "if you don't like it, that's your problem" - then why are you calling anyone a wanker? People can and may well bitch and moan and grown and spit and curse and run their mouths at you all they want, but why descend to their level? F*ck 'em.

Fabulous!

Your right there.... it was just a little banner, nothing to do with the game just made the forum look a little better, and for reasons i get piss off at times is when you work on these Projects they do something to you, it stress at its best, you have to there every day watch over the mod, Anyway we got some great Concept work coming soon for you all to see, MajorPaine is a Great Artist, he knows his stuff.

-Hot

egoncalo that was stupid. Its not funny either. Stop trying to be funny.

lol i thought it was funny:p but seriously if you dont come prepared the people in these forums are gonna rape your mod into little pieces if u get mah drift.

Sathernut? Who are you... I don't think I've ever seen you anywhere in these forums? Do you work for a mod or do you just sulk here and make fun of my jokes. I thought it was funny, maybe my sense of humor is different then yours. Go away.

Well dude, making a banner just to make fun of the guys MOD isnt really that great. Hes trying to make a MOD here whats your problem? So he used a couple of pictures that werent his? Its a mod, not some multi-million dollar budget game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back