PC Gamer Exclusive Half-Life 2 Review

Icarus

Reaction score
The December 2004 issue of PCGamer(US) (subscribers are getting it this week) will contain the World-Exclusive First Review of Half-Life 2. Subscribers are getting it this week but I managed to get a sneak peak, as well as get an image of the cover for you all to take a look at.

Cover

There is also a great feature in it about "12 things you need to know to run Half-Life 2 on your PC". You’ll also get a chance to win a customized Half-Life 2 Super-PC. This is a must have for anyone that calls themselves a Half-Life 2 fan. So if you aren’t already a subscriber already (you should be) rush out and get it as soon as it hits store shelves.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39697

Anyway, sorry if that's been answered before, but I'd like to know if this issue of PCG will be released in stores this week or next week?

this is awesome, only one question, when the f*ck are they gonna release the game?

Alright so whos making a bet with me on what the game will get? whoever wins has to put "{insert members name} is my b*tch" in their sig and likewise for the other person. I predict it will get 100%, any takers?

mchammer75040 said:
Alright so whos making a bet with me on what the game will get? whoever wins has to put "{insert members name} is my b*tch" in their sig and likewise for the other person. I predict it will get 100%, any takers?
Nah, i'll say 97%, the graphics arent worth a 100% anymore, but are still very good
You're a pessimest choocie crook

Choochie*Crook said:
I'll take your bet. I predict a score of 6.5 to 7.0
Bah thats right they arent the % one are they? ok Im 10.0, when it comes out we shall converse via pms :)

Icarus said:
The December 2004 issue of PCGamer(US) (subscribers are getting it this week) will contain the World-Exclusive First Review of Half-Life 2. Subscribers are getting it this week but I managed to get a sneak peak, as well as get an image of the cover for you all to take a look at.

Cover

There is also a great feature in it about "12 things you need to know to run Half-Life 2 on your PC". You’ll also get a chance to win a customized Half-Life 2 Super-PC. This is a must have for anyone that calls themselves a Half-Life 2 fan. So if you aren’t already a subscriber already (you should be) rush out and get it as soon as it hits store shelves.

If you got a sneak peek....what is the score?

hmmm why is HL2.net on the cover? or is that just a way to stop peeps from posting it on other HL2 sites?

btw ....I'm going to open a can of worms here...Icarus, you said you took a peek, did you happen to see a rating? :)

Vigilante said:
Nah, i'll say 97%, the graphics arent worth a 100% anymore, but are still very good
You're a pessimest choocie crook
Yes choocie is already my bitch ;), no way its getting a score that low. Ah ok well it is the % one, ok I still stick by 100%.

Who exactly managed to already get a sneak peak of it? Does that mean the review is done already and you have seen it?

it's got to be fake. Next week?!?!! that wouldb ereal silly. Really bad photoshop job. No other reviews like Sims 2?

Icarus said:

Cover

Hmm your lack of positive statements about the actual game concerns me Icarus. :|

Can you at least give us a hint about the multiplayer :p(it better mention it, unlike the early doom 3 reviews)

Yea hm it does look fake, hes probably pulling one over on us. however my bet is still on :thumbs:

Could anyone who may have or may not have been told the score just sort of wink if it scored higher than Doom III.

If that game was a 94 than HL2 is a 144. :)

Hold up...

I just got the latest issue of PCG in the mail with a demo and review of rome total war. Am I seriously behind or what? Otherwise, itll be awhile before this comes out. (maybe it just gets to my house late)

Wait, why is PC Gamer coming out already again? My brother just got his last issue (Quake IV) like 2 weeks ago. Special issue or something?

[edit]^^See, same thing with him...whats up?

Shorewalker said:
I just got the latest issue of PCG in the mail with a demo and review of rome total war. Am I seriously behind or what? Otherwise, itll be awhile before this comes out. (maybe it just gets to my house late)

I got mine at the begining of the month within the first week I believe.

umm, how can it come out next week, i subscribe and just got the november issue with Quake 4 today....

PCGamer starts coming out this early, though it would seem most subscribers won't get it for a couple weeks, some get theirs really early, as seen in the scans made of the Quake 4 preview a couple weeks ago, before many people got their PCGamers

Some people get the magazine a week or two ahead of everyone else, not sure how that works out but it always does. As for Icarus, im assuming you have actually read or seen the review? If so, can you give us anything at all??

wow, i cant wait to see what it gets. its going to be hard as hell not looking through the issue. i say someone posts a spoiler free description of the article once its available. just to tide me over until i get the game in my hands.

what the hehllll im confused ... THIS IS CHAOSSS!!!!111ONEONE

The Game: It's been said that it's more than expected, I can't say more than that

I got all this directly from Dan Morris, it's not photoshopped, and according to Dan, suscribers will get it this week

I don't think the review will spoil many parts of the plot at all but what i want to know is:

1. what score it got
2. multiplayer explained
3. tell me how awesome it is

its been said by who that its more than expected??? cause we've heard that from one person already ... pc gamer now too?

that Dan's a good guy, and cute too, errr... well, he's a handsome fellow, dashing, smart, too bad he doean't check these forums... my ass-kissing could get me something special... maybe a date

Platinum said:
its been said by who that its more than expected??? cause we've heard that from one person already ... pc gamer now too?

Icarus said:
I got all this directly from Dan Morris

Ha more than they expected eh? :naughty: Awesome my prediction looks more and more likely.

Icarus said:
The December 2004 issue of PCGamer(US) (subscribers are getting it this week) will contain the World-Exclusive First Review of Half-Life 2.

I'm not sure how its a World-Exclusive first review, seeing the Australian gaming mag PCPowerPlayer has a Half-Life 2 review in the November issue...

Guus345 said:
when will it hit news stands does any body know?
Itll be all over the intraweb within the first day, just watch this forum someone will tell us all what it got.

Back