PC Gamer Exclusive Half-Life 2 Review

mashed said:
No but I enjoy jumping to conclusions. :)

A game would have to be pretty special to warrent a review above 95%.

If you blow up that pic of the PC Gamer cover doesn't it also say near the bottom left: Exclusive Playable Demos? And then under that it lists Quake and Counter Strike Source as main bullets? Looks that way to me.

99% i predict. what's wierd is that i just got the Nov issue of PC Gamer like 2 weeks ago, so i'm gonna get another this weeK?!?! SWEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!

tru said:
If you blow up that pic of the PC Gamer cover doesn't it also say near the bottom left: Exclusive Playable Demos? And then under that it lists Quake and Counter Strike Source as main bullets? Looks that way to me.

No. Once the main bullets are in place that means en entirely different subject. The block between demos and Quake are whats on the discs.

Err...howcome you got the DECEMBER issue already? It's still September...

w00tage = through the roof

also... december != september

mannyfresh027 said:
Doom3 got a 94, so this is gonna be a weird score. its gonna be better than doom3, but i dont think it will be perfect, so its gonna be tough for them to find space between 94 & 100. doom3 deserved like an 85.
That's why EDGE is the only magazine to read...

What score did EDGE give Doom3? 7/10 which is the correct score.

Wonder what EDGE is going to rate HL2?

StooMonster

if HL2 gets a rating from 96%-100%, It will have done what I expected it to do :smoking:

If its like 93%-95% its a slight lower score than I thought but still makes a damn good game.

below 93% is something I hope not to see ;(

What difference does it make when the review comes out if the game isn't slated for release for several months?

Salmonax said:
What difference does it make when the review comes out if the game isn't slated for release for several months?

Its slated for before thanksgiving my friend which is more like 1 month... plus weve been waiting not knowing how good the game will actualy be.... and a review lets us know.... it doesnt really make much of a difference other than if its a high score we will be even more impatient.

DrPowers said:
Its slated for before thanksgiving my friend which is more like 1 month...

Really!? Can you link me to Valve's statement to that effect and Vivendi's agreement?

Salmonax said:
Really!? Can you link me to Valve's statement to that effect and Vivendi's agreement?

It was part of the gamespot rumor control.

You have to remember that there werent any statments changing the release date since then. All delays were speculation.

Edit: The nov release was an expected release date by lombardi not a definative one. And that is what I am referring to. Plus if you go to VUG online store the release date there says nov, 1.

this review was kept under wraps pretty well

im guessing there are going to be more surprises from valve coming soon

guise said:

All will be revealed in the review!!!!! cept plot twists of course. There will prob be a release date that is more accurate than before november.

guise said:

This is what annoys me about what Icarus said. I don't mind so much that he can't say anything... but what he did say was that there are a few things he can't say... that made him pretty damn excited. Couldn't we all just sign NDA's? :stare:

Wraithen said:
This is what annoys me about what Icarus said. I don't mind so much that he can't say anything... but what he did say was that there are a few things he can't say... that made him pretty damn excited. Couldn't we all just sign NDA's? :stare:

If only....

yeah,yeah, whatever didnt read much of this post. but when will the mag be availabe in stores? Anyone know?

that sucks that CS:S is the only MP portion. That's really really disappointing after everything Valve have said about how important MP is to them

Original HL got a 97% from PCGamer, I'm guessing 95-98%. It isn't as revolutionary as HL was, but it's still going to be THE game all over again.

RioBravoXL said:
Well, CS:CZ was reviewed about 4 or 5 months before it was released.

Huh? PCG reviewed CS:CZ like 3 months before it came out. They didn't know it would get held back. But it was the finished version.

Sparta said:
that sucks that CS:S is the only MP portion. That's really really disappointing after everything Valve have said about how important MP is to them

its been known for months that cs:s was the only multiplayer. don't act so surprised because you weren't a believer.

Thats the thing though, its never been said anything, only assumed. Valve ignored all questions about the subject, even simple "yes/no is cs:s the only mp mode shipping with hl2?" remain unaswered by them.

Its anoying we have to learn this from a journalist when Valve could of crushed rumors far earlier.

have the first subscribers already got their pcgamer mag? are there any real scans on the internet yet?!

paddy3k said:
have the first subscribers already got their pcgamer mag? are there any real scans on the internet yet?!

No and no, as far as I know.

(Heh, that sounds funny when you say it outloud).

Remember kids, if the magazine is not available in your country, its completely ok to look at an 'illegal' scan instead! :D

I'm off into town in about an hour, I'll have a peek in WH Smiths but don't get your hopes up :p

Back