PC Gamer UK Score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serial45 said:
Reading through the past 14 pages of posts here, I can't believe the bullsh*t i'm reading.

96% classed as bad score? people putting PCG down for not giving it 99%. I cannot believe the idiocy of these posts.

I believe most of them were doing what's commonly called "Taking the piss".

RoB.G said:
i really dont belive he is the only one in the whole of the UK who has a copy of the magazine...loads of people would have it by now...if it comes out tomorow then yeh ill belive him...but if its nxt tuesday the 5th then hes talking shit

Subscribers almost always get their issues before the newsagent shelf date, sometimes weeks before. The reason why more people don't have it - well they do, they just don't know about it yet. And why - because in the UK we now get post at about 11 am, so everyone who works or is at school wouldn't know they've got it till they get home.

Scorps said:
I do understand why you wanted proof and I never said anything about not, and I did give you proof.

I know, and we all appreciate it. But do seem to act surprised that we wanted more info or proof.

Seriously, I appreciate that you told us, but can we keep the matyrdom to a minimal. I mean, you didn't do it as much or as bad as some members I've seen, but you did do it a tiny bit.

Harryz said:
No it didn't. It got 94% or something like that.

90%. One of the lowest scores Doom 3 got. So it shows something about PC Gamer UK.

yeh im in UK i know...and i used to be a subscriber and not once did i get a copy 'weeks' before ithink most i got it in advance was about a week or 6 days

Serial45 said:
People saying "rome total war - 95% , this is a joke, half life 2 should get much more". Can i Just say regarding this - what a load of bullshit.
I'm an avid fan of the total-war series, as well as half life, and many other titles.
Absolutely agree! The Total War games are on a whole 'nother level than 99% of other games. You can tell the CA guys really have a passion for their work. Both Medieval and Rome are modern classics...

PC Gamer USA gave Doom 3 a 94% I have the mag in my lap as I type this.

EDIT: I PMed Scorps to ask him to write out the HIGHS LOWS and BOTTOM LINE that PC Gamer UK have next to the score, haven't gotten an answer yet and he's on these boards right now...

RoB.G said:
yeh im in UK i know...and i used to be a subscriber and not once did i get a copy 'weeks' before ithink most i got it in advance was about a week or 6 days

It's 5 days before the magazine comes out.

EDIT: Wow, I answered a question before it was asked.

RoB.G said:

Well how many days exactly do you think it is until the 5th?

Fish99, are you sure it's the 5th?

On Future's website, this issue (complete with cover) is being advertised as strictly the 1st still.

Frost said:
PC Gamer USA gave Doom 3 a 94% I have the mag in my lap as I type this.

Arghhh, this is NOT PCGamer US, its UK!
they gave doom 90%, how many times does this have to be said :hmph:

That'n not fair! Here in Sweden we get it in the beginning of November. ;(

RoB.G said:
the offical PC gamer site still says the 1st tho...

Which would mean that he would be even more likely to have it by now. Anyway, someone from PC Gamer (Craig Pearson) came to the forums to say that they had the review. He said that the magazine was out on the 5th.

Its out on the 1st, subscribers will get it today and tomorrow depending on the post. HL2 got 96%.

surely, if it was 5th they wouldve long updated it by now, especially with it being the biggest issue in the history of PC Gamer

24Gamer said:
Arghhh, this is NOT PCGamer US, its UK!
they gave doom 90%, how many times does this have to be said :hmph:

I KNOW people were talking about both mags though and getting them confused. It was not in response to anyone's post just the general posts... I made it clear that Doom 3 only got a 94% in the US PC Gamer so people would know for sure... CHILL

Thanks for the short excerpt Scorps. Anything else cool to share?

Those who have the magazine right now are probably busy reading it, checking out the DVD. Maybe we'll see some more info in half an hour - one hour.

Its definately the 5th of october for high street sales and for those asking for HIGH/LOWS/BOTTOM LINE, they don't feature in PCG UK, we have It's and It's Not, which has already been posted.

Hmm.

Thanks for the news Scorps that is awesome that it has the highest score tied with Half-Life.

The thing that does piss me off is some of these forumers. All you do is bitch and moan. If your nerdy ass got to sleep with the hottest girl in the world you would still complain..."I dunno if it was the best honey..."

Some people are too ungreatful.

Frost said:
I KNOW people were talking about both mags though and getting them confused. It was not in response to anyone's post just the general posts... I made it clear that Doom 3 only got a 94% in the US PC Gamer so people would know for sure... CHILL

lol, ok

Well, it seems that the October issue of many game magazines will be an interesting one: HL² review, Rome: Total War review, FIFA 2005 review, maybe a PES4 review, COD UO, Star Wars: Battlefront, ...

Btw, PC Gameplay Be/NL gave Doom3 86%, so the previously announced (but not confirmed) score of 91% (or was it 90%?) for HL² isn't bad at all!

EDIT: and surely there's no reason to complain about the 96% score.

Scorps said:
It's: Astonishing, Robits!, Revelatory
It's Not: Ever stupid, Corridors, The end of the story

Sorry for the typo it was Robots not Robits.

killahsin-[CE] said:
Than you do understand that 96% is the highest score pc gamer has ever given a game right? That being given to hl1. Now if this is true, hl2.

Actually, the highest score PC Gamer ever gave out was to Alpha Centauri. Which recieved a 97%-98% :smoking: But still, 96% is ****ing high for them.

Scorps said:
"This is the one unmissable game. It's time to get that cutting-edge PC system. Sell your grandmother, remortgage the cat, do whatever you have to do, just don't miss-out."

Heheh, gotta love that english humour :afro:

We'd greatly appreciate it if you could write up a few more impressions.

Top Secret said:
Actually, the highest score PC Gamer ever gave out was to Alpha Centauri. Which recieved a 97%-98% :smoking: But still, 96% is ****ing high for them.

Not in the UK version

I think the Swedish paper Super PLAY gave Doom3 the lowest score. 6/10.

Rinut said:
Do you guys think someone will make sc@ns?
Probably. They will be banned though. But scans always appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back