Planet Half-Life news coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparta said:
Wasn't that what everyone else was doing when they said HL2 had no MP?

well...a guess of no MP for HL2 was/is still better than guessing HL2's MP would be CS:Source since both have absolutely nothing in common storyline-wise.

but anyway i understand what Shuzer is saying also...and i am taking the same approach as him... just cause some guy from PHL mentions an MP just isn't good enough anymore.. i want the game so i can confirm for myself :p

Mr-Fusion said:
He should have clicked the link to put the final nail in the coffin. Some day hopefully the community will send a qualified HL2 information gatherer. Too many people who have no clue what the community wants to know, and generally have little clue about anything are visiting. It's only the truth, nothing more.

Mr.fusion, it's not easy to do such a risky thing when you are surronded by valve employees. It's much easier said than done. He's just a kid, you can't expect him to do disobey valve in their own offices - their domain - after they themselves have called him. If they tell you to start the game, I bet it would be very rude if you tinker around with other settings- it's valve's game and it's their wish weather they what they want him to see something or not. If people starting going to valve's offices just to report for us and mess around stuff, valve would stop giving tours.

Heh, I think its my fault for starting this thread - I'm making you all suffer. :p

Damn the article isn't posted in PHL yet... but cmon people don't give it a lot of hype, yes is new info directly from someone who played HL2 and CS:S and he will post new screenshots, and the MP option really doesn't confirm 100% HL2DM, although I'm sure Valve is going to surprise with new and original MP never seen before.

I'm most looking fordward to the G4/TV comming stuff 31 July, just compare how looks a Doom 3 screenshot vs the G4/TV video with all these monsters in motion... I just hope Valve won't send old E3 videos to G4.

|_HeLL_| said:
I'm most looking fordward to the G4/TV comming stuff 31 July, just compare how looks a Doom 3 screenshot vs the G4/TV video with all these monsters in motion... I just hope Valve won't send old E3 videos to G4.

I was wondering, does G4/TV come on in the UK?

|_HeLL_| said:
Damn the article isn't posted in PHL yet... but cmon people don't give it a lot of hype, yes is new info directly from someone who played HL2 and CS:S and he will post new screenshots, and the MP option really doesn't confirm 100% HL2DM, although I'm sure Valve is going to surprise with new and original MP never seen before.

They are not going to be video's. From what i've heard Valve is going have a playable version of both HL2 and CS:Source there

Sparta said:
They are not going to be video's. From what i've heard Valve is going have a playable version of both HL2 and CS:Source there

Umm you're meaning that G4 guys received a preview version and will play HL2 and CS:S as they want?

Taken from HL2World:

it's an american channel, but it also broadcasts to other parts of the world like israel and myabe other countries.

Well I'm looking the G4 schedule for 31 July:

http://www.g4techtv.com/html/schedule.asp?datetime=7/31/2004 7:08:37 AM&timezone=PST

Damn I don't have that channel in my country, I hope someone can capture it and make a torrent :angel: I'm wondering in what show HL2 and CS:S will appear, since the schedule doesn't detail too much.

|_HeLL_| said:
Umm you're meaning that G4 guys received a preview version and will play HL2 and CS:S as they want?

Taken from HL2World:

Well I'm looking the G4 schedule for 31 July:

http://www.g4techtv.com/html/schedule.asp?datetime=7/31/2004 7:08:37 AM&timezone=PST

Damn I don't have that channel in my country, I hope someone can capture it and make a torrent :angel: I'm wondering in what show HL2 and CS:S will appear, since the schedule doesn't detail too much.

We're talking about this G4TechTV G-phobia thing aren't we? Because last i heard Valve were going to have a playable version of the games on it

If its gonna be at G-Phoria then it would be August 6th right? By then ill be palying doom3

It's somethings stupid. You won't play it when there is DOD & CS.

Valve said they are making a MP that is supposedly as revoltionary as the SP (according to them). So it can't be cs:s, gabe's not that dumb to call it revoltionary. I'm telling you - HL2 is shipping with it's own MP, definately.

lans said:
Valve said they are making a MP that is supposedly as revoltionary as the SP (according to them). So it can't be cs:s, gabe's not that dumb to call it revoltionary. I'm telling you - HL2 is shipping with it's own MP, definately.

When did he say it was something revolutionary? link?

Yeah, I don't remember hearing that anywhere. That would be awesome though. Back on topic, does anyone know or can find out when PHL is going to post??

This is Halflife 84's response to the pics sucking ass:

A) - I didn't take my pic with Gabe
B) - I am waiting for the screenshots to be sent to me via e-mail
C) - I'm not even close to 14 - I'm freakin 20
D) - The article with all the questions I asked + answers will be up sometime soon on PHL, along with the CS:S playtest play by play.

So bear with me...

I'm impatient too, but we all have to wait for something at some point.

Are those real pics that you put in that link CB | Para? Because I am at work and I have to be careful what I look at...

I think all the Gamespy servers are down... I can't connect to PlanetDOOM or PlanetHalfLife, or Gamespy.com...

Azrael. said:
Are those real pics that you put in that link CB | Para? Because I am at work and I have to be careful what I look at...

There images of of the dude visiting Valve. Theres quite a few of the box covers and scenery from the window and the shelf with all the accesories on it.

Azrael. said:

They are pics from his visit to Valve. The normal crowbar, etc.

Azrael. said:
I think all the Gamespy servers are down... I can't connect to PlanetDOOM or PlanetHalfLife, or Gamespy.com...

I just tried PlanetHalfLife.com and it works for me.

Hmm, well that was a waste of 5 minutes... Lets see the other screens that Valve is supposed to send to PHL

Isnt this dude at PHL the new head of it or something? and he doesnt have one picture of the game running, even if its a blurry shot of it on a monitor somewhere like Mercs CS:S photo. Just lame tbh, i hope he has more up his sleeve.

oldagerocker said:
Isnt this dude at PHL the new head of it or something? and he doesnt have one picture of the game running, even if its a blurry shot of it on a monitor somewhere like Mercs CS:S photo. Just lame tbh, i hope he has more up his sleeve.

No, Jabberwocky is the site director, not this guy.

oldagerocker said:

He's getting screenshots if you have not been following the thread. So don't worry :p

PS. Have any of you tried converting a Word Doc to normal HTML? I don't blame these guys. Plus they probably can't work 4 hours in a row.

SubKamran said:
He's getting screenshots if you have not been following the thread. So don't worry :p

PS. Have any of you tried converting a Word Doc to normal HTML? I don't blame these guys. Plus they probably can't work 4 hours in a row.

Yeah i have... its not fun :rolling:
and on the screenshots, i know... but... ack, shhh :imu:

bah no news yet? Just went from page 11-13 :(

Yeah, but how long ago did he say he was going to post the info...?

I've haven't seen this much desperation, since the Binks.

Guys, stop blaming him. He just wants to post the article with the screens - it's probably more official for PHL to post picture proof of the playtest along with the article than just the article. Personally, I'm happy he's going to post actual screenshots - not some blurry monitor. Just wait, it's valve we are talking about here, and they take time - with a justifiable excuse. I got answered by Ellis a week later some time ago, as opposed to a couple of months ago when he answered within 2 minutes. At least this shows they are working dead on to reach that 16 day bug-kill limit, which is a good optimistic thought.

lans said:
Guys, stop blaming him. He just wants to post the article with the screens - it's probably more official for PHL to post picture proof of the playtest along with the article than just the article. Personally, I'm happy he's going to post actual screenshots - not some blurry monitor. Just wait, it's valve we are talking about here, and they take time - with a justifiable excuse. I got answered by Ellis a week later some time ago, as opposed to a couple of months ago when he answered within 2 minutes. At least this shows they are working dead on to reach that 16 day bug-kill limit, which is a good optimistic thought.

Hes got a point, stop blaming him - BLAME Valve! :p

Harryz said:
Hes got a point, stop blaming him - BLAME Valve! :p

I blame him because he said he would put the article up without having the pictures yet, and that was yesterday afternoon. As for the whole valve pics fiasco I don't think he's even attempting to make progress there.

The reason why most of us are still talking about this is because he claims to have what he considers to be big news but honestly I don't trust the guy.

OMG! Hurry up and post it or the world will end! HURRY... HURRY! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!

I like neighborhood shots, gives me an idea of the area/environment they work in., ,sorta

Does anyone know if he is even planning on releasing them today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back