PlanetHalflife is Ridiculous.

Christ, it is not about if game really delayed or not, it is about the way he posts. Same way with Cs-nation, take rizzuh for example, he always adds his cocky comments to news, why the hell do we need it?

OMG if you think Fragmaster is bad just read a national (not local) newspaper there full of BS opinions, although they say it in a slightly more mature way.

personally I don't give a **** about Frag master, he can say what the hell he likes because all it deose is get you people pissed off which is just about the easiest and one of the most amuseing things to do while we'r waiting for HL2.

naaahh not me personally, I just think it's funny seeing thee kind of things people complain about

I see, hopefully most of those complaints will go away once HL2 is released.

/me crosses his fingers

Originally posted by ferd
still, one newsposter doenst make planethalflife ridiculous and i do believe he has got a good point there, if HL2 will be in stores @ 30 september well then we should know it in about 20 days, cuz we should know when a game goes gold
Why does he have a good point? Valve is just doing what they have been doing with HL2 for the last 5 years... keeping secrets. When "G-Day" rolls around we will probably hear about it... until then, "I know nothing!"

Originally posted by Steven Q Urkle
Fragmaster is one of those somethingawful.com goons so he tries hard to copy SomethingAwful like writing style, and is just sayign it to get reactions and be funny.

Oh, I know what he looks like then, I've seen him on a video on somethingawful.

DOOM HOUSE!

If thats him hes skinny, and has black hair, and a funny ass voice.

When HL2 comes out there will be more complaining, a load of morons will make threads like "I'm so disapointed", "warez it, it's not worth buying" and "stop complaining". Meanwhile I'll be playing it.

nw909: Fragmaster sounds alot like Bill gates..... wait a minute maby he is bill gates and has built spyware into windows and is secretly tracking Valve's progress.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Christ, it is not about if game really delayed or not, it is about the way he posts. Same way with Cs-nation, take rizzuh for example, he always adds his cocky comments to news, why the hell do we need it?

Because Rizzuh doesnt post stupid rumors or seriously make fun of the community , and rizzuh can actually be funny sometimes.

Originally posted by ferd
still, one newsposter doenst make planethalflife ridiculous and i do believe he has got a good point there, if HL2 will be in stores @ 30 september well then we should know it in about 20 days, cuz we should know when a game goes gold

It's not a newsposter it's the director. Plain speaking, It _IS_ Planethalflife.

I don't find anything annoying about pessimism, hell, he's just setting himself up to prepare for the worst, but I do agree that he shouldn't be posting his opinions on PHL.

Planet half life is just one part of the gamespy/fileplanet/planetxxxx site chain. They are in it for the money and the adverts, the more people rant about what he says the more traffic they get and therefore more revenue from advertising. Ignore it and move it.

I hate the fileplanet and gamespy monopoly they've bought themselves with partnerships in games and exclusive trials, demos and betas etc but I do think he can say what he likes, you do have the option to not read it you know.

Originally posted by Direwolf
I do have to say I'm a bit of a PHL fan myself, although I don't agree with Fragmaster on the whole delay thing. I think we also have to be careful not to say that he represents all the PHL staff, and I have to commend Jabberwocky for his usual commonsense in such matters.
Well, the way Fragmaster is wording it, it sounds like he does represent the entire PHL staff.

"Despite this, we are still of the opinion that Half-Life 2 will not be in stores September 30th."

You can't trust anyone affiliated with Gamespy...

We'll know soon enough. In order to get the game in stores "on time," Valve will need to complete work on HL2 in less than twenty days. Cross your fingers![/B]

it is done its in play testing so wtf gives

Edit:wtf happend to my quote :(

I'm wondering what "insider" information he has that trumps official statements from both Vivendi ("The delay rumor was based on a miscommunication.") and Valve ("The release date is September 30.").

Then again, this could be nothing more than a big PHL publicity stunt. Imagine the traffic they'll get when news posts start popping up about the video of some guy in a dopey Gordan Freeman costume handing out free copies of Half-Life 2 on street corners.

That said, threads like this play right into their hands.

If he actually dresses as Gordon, handing out free copies, all will be forgiven.

Originally posted by mrchimp
When HL2 comes out there will be more complaining, a load of morons will make threads like "I'm so disapointed", "warez it, it's not worth buying" and "stop complaining". Meanwhile I'll be playing it.

You are so unique.

Originally posted by ulukai
darkstar why don t you shut up how old are you saying " nah nah nah "
I look planethalflife since his beginning and it s a great site.
I don t know if you played HL 1 or if you are just one of those who bought HL just for play cs but who are you to say all your bullshit to PHL.

How old am I? Obviously older than you. Did you realize how utterly stupid this quote makes you sound? Did you even read the post with the "NAH NAH NAH" in it? Can you even read? I'll highlight just two examples in your quote that lead me to believe you may be nearly illiterate.

"I look planethalflife" and the remarkable "just for play".

There are more. Try and find them! Its like a game!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on to someone I have much more respect for...

Originally posted by MoJo|Night
Planet half life is just one part of the gamespy/fileplanet/planetxxxx site chain. They are in it for the money and the adverts, the more people rant about what he says the more traffic they get and therefore more revenue from advertising. Ignore it and move it.

I hate the fileplanet and gamespy monopoly they've bought themselves with partnerships in games and exclusive trials, demos and betas etc but I do think he can say what he likes, you do have the option to not read it you know.

I know I don't have to read it. But PHL is where many people go to for HL news. Thus, Fragmaster's arrogance and poor journalism have certainly contributed to the general nonsense being splashed across the Internet about the HL2 release date.

If he's doing it just to get hits on his site, well, that makes it all the worse.

Fragmaster is simply an asshole in power (well, relative power ;) )

A while ago, when halflife was said to STILL be released on 30 sept, he said something like: "don't believe this, if halflife2 will be released on 30 sept, i will be handing out free copies of halflife2" ( and something else he said)

And later he removed it lol, when it became more obvious that halflife2 would be released on 30 sept... :p

Originally posted by Xenome
A while ago, when halflife was said to STILL be released on 30 sept, he said something like: "don't believe this, if halflife2 will be released on 30 sept, i will be handing out free copies of halflife2" ( and something else he said)

And later he removed it lol, when it became more obvious that halflife2 would be released on 30 sept... :p

Now you are just making stuff up. It's still there. He hasn't removed it.

http://www.planethalflife.com/news/archive.asp?month=7&day=31&year=2003

He's agreed to do this, he will do it. He's said that he'll do it many times.

And can people stop being so cynical about Gamespy. Fragmaster is just a guy, like you or me. He just thinks the game will be delayed. He doesn't come home every day and say,

"How shall I make more money for Gamespy today? I KNOW, I'll SAY THE GAME IS DELAYED. MWHAHAHAHAHAHA".

He thinks the game is delayed. He's promised to not mention his opinion in the newspost anymore. Just leave it till the 30th of September THEN rub his nose in it.

Originally posted by Feath
And can people stop being so cynical about Gamespy. Fragmaster is just a guy, like you or me. He just thinks the game will be delayed.
He thinks the game is delayed. He's promised to not mention his opinion in the newspost anymore. Just leave it till the 30th of September THEN rub his nose in it.
It's not so much that he thinks that the game's delayed but the fact that he's stubbornly refused to retract his claims in the face of the rumours being quashed.
Ok, he may genuinely believe it, but the way he went about it was that of an angry toddler that wouldn't get its own way stuck his fingers in his ears, refused to admit any mistakes had been made for about 2-3 weeks (around that time, info and rumours were changing daily). He showed bad journalism and an arrogance that would have been impressive if it weren't so irritating.

Originally posted by Feath
Now you are just making stuff up. It's still there. He hasn't removed it.

And can people stop being so cynical about Gamespy. Fragmaster is just a guy, like you or me. He just thinks the game will be delayed.
Hitler was "just a guy" too.

Oh yeah, thats an apt comparison.
Fragmaster has stated a few times that Half-life's release date is up in the air, but that he still believes it will be delayed. He has so far always presented the facts along with his opinions, and thats about as good as I can hope for.

Originally posted by CommieX

Hahhaa, I can't believe you've just compared Fragmaster to Hitler.

Originally posted by CommieX

I think you may be taking this too seriously. Fragmaster is not a facist dictator resposible for the deaths of many thousands of people. He runs a Half-Life fan site and has the right to state his opinion whether you think its correct or not. If you don't then stick to YOUR opinion.

Originally posted by DeathMark
I think you may be taking this too seriously. Fragmaster is not a facist dictator resposible for the deaths of many thousands of people. He runs a Half-Life fan site and has the right to state his opinion whether you think its correct or not. If you don't then stick to YOUR opinion.
Or maybe you are taking this too seriously. I was just pointing out that saying "he's just a guy" doesn't really mean anything. I didn't mean that because of the way he conveys his opinions he's on the same level as Hitler; that's just stupid.

Originally posted by DeathMark

No he does not have the rights to do that. Well as site director he does. But have you ever been a journalist, or just read a bit about being one?

YOU DO NOT POST YOUR OWN OPINIONS IN ANY NEWS AT ALL.

I learned that as a 12year old. How hard can it be to learn?

Another which is also normally used, although not a rule of some sort.

If you have source and you want him to be anonymous, you do not reveal any working location or anything else that could relate to him.

Has he not requested that, you post the name of the source. And normally also workplace and status at the workplace.

It's that simple.

Doesn't matter what kind of site it is. If he want's to post his own opinions he can do it in an article or in a comment.

He told us the details and then gave us his own opinion on the matter. It's obvious thats it HIS opinion and that it may not be correct.

OMG it's ok to post your opinion, lots of respectable journalist's do it. The problem with fragmaster is the way he writes it, it's like reading a forum post sometimes. Although there are times he really shouldn't express his own opinion (like when the facts speak for them selves or it's abusesive) things like this or saying some screenshots look nice isn't so bad. As long it still sounds proffesional it deosn't matter.

Besides answers like "the release date is unchanged" is not a striatforward yes to a question like "is it being released on the 30th of september" and could mean the release date is unchanged from the 30th of november (if they wanted it to mean that), plus it just means it's unchanged at this time NOT yes it's definately comeing out on the 30th sep. anyone in politics or the media industry would be able to see that as side stepping the question.

But if FM wants to be gay thats his scene

Originally posted by mrchimp
But if FM wants to be gay thats his scene [/B]

What makes you come to the conclusion that he's a homosexual.

News has to be objective.

Articles are about opinions.

If a lot of respectable journalists post opinions in news, i don't believe they're any respected in the journalistworld.

I don't think anyone who works on a fan site is aiming to get respect in the "journalist world".

Guys-

The question remains this...Why is he so convonced HL2 will be delayed even AFTER the numerous Valve statements to the contrary?

Do you think he has some sort of "insider" info?

Or is he really just a big floppy donkey dick?

MrChimp:

Vossey: Can you assure us of a September 30th release of Half-Life 2?
Lombardi: Yes. No change in the release date is planned. The September 30th date is worldwide. In France as well as England.

Ta Da! There we go, an answer that doesn't leave much room for interpretation.

And why would it be in Valve's interest to mislead people about the release date?

Back