PlanetHalflife is Ridiculous.

I don't think he has any "insider" info but he certainly know a lot more than you and me. Anyway Valve dont exactly have a good track record of keeping to deadlines.

OK so if a journalist said "www.stalker.com has posted some very nice looking screenshots, showing off..." it would be unacceptable???

DeathMark: I saw him stood outside a homoerrotica night club with tight leather pants on...

Originally posted by Feath
MrChimp:

Ta Da! There we go, an answer that doesn't leave much room for interpretation.

And why would it be in Valve's interest to mislead people about the release date?

I havn't seen that before but if they did miss the release date then that comment would be misleading, unlike my quote of Doug ( i think) which would be true either way.

Originally posted by mrchimp
DeathMark: I saw him stood outside a homoerrotica night club with tight leather pants on...

Ok.....so what were you doing outside a homoerrotica night club?

Originally posted by DarkStar
Guys-

The question remains this...Why is he so convonced HL2 will be delayed even AFTER the numerous Valve statements to the contrary?

He's just having fun just like the pranksters who post delay threads.

Well the truth is Valve/Vivendi haven't handled this very well. If they had just released an official statement one month ago stating that there is no delay, then there wouldn't be any speculation.

Originally posted by DeathMark
I don't think anyone who works on a fan site is aiming to get respect in the "journalist world".

No maybe not him, but maybe the bosses do. And besides if the bosses would allow it. It's still bad journalism if they want to be respected or treated as a journalist or not.

If i want HL2 news i want someone saying:

Half-Life 2 not delayed?

Some site interviewed some Valve guy. And he said the game wasn't delayed, and still for 30th september release date (replace some site and some valve guy, with the respective names)

As a little pointer they could add:

Is it not delayed? Is it? Voice your opinion in the comments

Instead of crap like

Half-Life 2 not delayed? (yeah right)

Some site posted a fake quote from a valve employee, because we have some source we cannot reveal, although we can reveal where he works. And he says otherwise.
If the game gets released the 30th september i'll be giving out free copies, and if it really does i wont.

Oh and btw, there has not been a delay ever. Valve said in may it was the 30th september. Then again a couple of days said that it would be the 30th september. Where do you see them writing it's not out the 30th september.?

Well to start off, some idiot at Vivendi let out that there was going to be a delay. This was then denied by Vivendi and another spokesperson said that Valve were working towards 30th September. But when Gabe himself was asked he refused to comment. Only recently has he said something (that they were still working towards the date). I would feel much more comfortable if Valve just said that they were 100% positive that they would meet the deadline.

So you can see where all this speculation started about a delay.

Well to start off, some idiot at Vivendi let out that there was going to be a delay. This was then denied by Vivendi and another spokesperson said that Valve were working towards 30th September. But when Gabe himself was asked he refused to comment. Only recently has he said something (that they were still working towards the date). I would feel much more comfortable if Valve just said that they were 100% positive that they would meet the deadline.

Chances are he hasnt and wont say the are 100% positive because theyre not. Sept 30 is the target, but is not set in stone. Personally i think Gabes just being smart, better him to say no comment and have the game come out the 30th than to say itll be here Sept 30 and not have the thing come out until mid october or something.

I don't think he has any "insider" info but he certainly know a lot more than you and me. Anyway Valve dont exactly have a good track record of keeping to deadlines.
How does he know any more than us? And by the way, there is no way Valve can say they are 100% sure they will make the original release date because they could always come across some huge problem. There's no way to tell.

Originally posted by Bass
Chances are he hasnt and wont say the are 100% positive because theyre not.

Then why can't people understand that a delay is possible instead of flaming anyone who mentions it.

He already said he did not know about the rumours. But when 10000168068091297619125510765106670215 idiots can't take that for an answer it's pretty common that you suddenly don't wan't to speak.

Also the trust that you would not spare Valve. Is also degrading.

Then why can't people understand that a delay is possible instead of flaming anyone who mentions it.
I think the only person getting flamed in this thread is Fragmaster because he doesn't seem to think it's possible that the game is NOT delayed.

Well he did say that he would dress up as Grodon Freeman and hand out free copies of HL2.

Back