PlanetHalflife is Ridiculous.

DarkStar

Tank
Reaction score
This quote is taken directly from the top of their page at planethalflife.com

-------------------------------------
"Valve's marketing director, Doug Lombardi, has been confirmed as saying that, "the release date is unchanged" for Half-Life 2. Another Valve employee has been quoted as saying, "it'll be tight, but Half-Life 2 is still on for a September 30th ship."

Despite this, we are still of the opinion that Half-Life 2 will not be in stores September 30th.

We'll know soon enough. In order to get the game in stores "on time," Valve will need to complete work on HL2 in less than twenty days. Cross your fingers!"

-Fragmaster
--------------------------------------

That's pretty friggin' arrogant in my opinion. Does Fragmaster work at Valve? No. Does he have any idea how much work is left to do on the game? No. Yet he's SO confident that there is more than 20 days work left on the game and it won't be out Sept. 30 he posts this nonsense at the top of the page.

This has been going on since Vivendi annouced some aribtrary, uninformed, vague, delay news tidbit. Should I trust the company developing the game or some random PR person from a huge corporation? Lets see...Apparently PlanetHalflife likes option 2.

Looks to me like someone's in very deep denial.

He's giving his opinion thats it. Hes not forcing it on you is he?

sheesh.

The only thing that's keeping people from believing the September 30th release date is a bunch of untrue rumors. I find that really lame.

Which is why he should stop.

If he just a grain of journalism in his brain he would know that OPINIONS ARE NOT TO BE WRITTEN.

Judging on his behavior, he can barely be more than 14 years old.

What's written in the geiger counter, is more of a article/personal note. Which isn't a piece of news therefor opinion can be written. But look at older news and look at all the personal opinions or site opinions getting in the bottom of the news.

That's bad journalism, very bad journalism.

I just dont get why he made a thread on it.?

i guess its the lack of media being put out by valve, lol.

we are all on the brink of insanity waiting, well jump on anyone or anything... hl2 brings out the savage in us ;)

Planethalflife staff are just gamespy slaves. They won't believe it until Gamespy says that it will be released on the 30th September

He isn't just stating his opinion. He keeps alluding to some special inside information he has that it can't reveal because it's tip top secret. Well, if he can't publically reveal it, then it could be something that's totally nuts and wrong, but we have no way to judge. For all we know, it could be a source that he thinks is solid, but if he revealed it publically, someone else would realize that it's actually a bad source. So it's BS. He won't even say IN GENERAL how he knows what he thinks he knows.

I seriously hope they make their date so that he can dress up like an idiot and hand out free copies of HL2.

My question remains this. Why is he still so adamant on this delay nonsense when Valve has now officially announced that the release date is Sept 30? He's making completely unfounded claims.

It's almost like a forum troll is in charge of the internet's biggest, most powerful Halflife 2 site.

WE are the biggest, most powerful HL2 site!!!!!!

He is just the biggest HL/Valve/HL2 site. :)

How could people believe in this rumor, if people believed Valve the first time they said Half-Life 2 is for real, then they should only believe Valve, if Valve didn't say there is a delay, don't believe the rumors.

he says that because he doesnt wanna stand up to the bet he made, laf. that if HL2 shippes on the 30th he will stand out dressed as gordon and give out free copys of HL2

Originally posted by slapdragon
http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=2348&tid=1146985 #3 post

then on the second page (http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=2348&tid=1146985&p=2) thers this hint:

"P.S. What kind of people need to know when a game is coming out well in advance? Think about who got the first HL2 previews."

print magazines right ?

PlanetHalflife has always tried to put forth a very "professional" image forward. But real journalists do not play the "I know something you don't! NAH NAH NAH! I know something you don't!" game with their readers. This is exactly what he is doing in these two posts.

It's juvenille and immature.

If he does indeed know something no else else knows but cannot comment on it, he should do just that - NOT COMMENT ON IT. Instead he decides to lord his "secret" information over his readers like a power-dazed 13 year old. Pathetic.

I wonder why LadyICE doesnt run PlanetHalfLife anymore... Fragmaster should go back to Quake. He even made fun of PlanetHalfLifes old director before him in his HL2 Delayed flashmovie! Take a screenshot of the emails sent to Gabe Newell in the movie, and you will see a joke he threw in aimed at PHL's LadyICE.

Originally posted by Adam
I wonder why LadyICE doesnt run PlanetHalfLife anymore... Fragmaster should go back to Quake.

fragmaster started phl in 1998

i think the guy being kind of an ass but he admits that and what if he's right and the game is delayed and valve isnt telling the truth ?

I think it's SO stupid, VALVe stated that HL2 is NOT delayed, and still they think it is delayed...

Rumours are funny aren't they?

I mean, they really work on peoples paranoia.

Valve never said that the game would be delayed, up till now they didn't say much about it being on time either. Yet, people still started believing these rumours that sprang from...? Where? Something tells me they didn't "leak" from Valve. So why are people getting all bothered about something that is a recently disproved rumour?

Its as bad as the pay-2-play rumour. And that was dumb.

Well I personally dont know what to think of this whole Fragmaster/PHL thing. Part of me says "Haha Fragmaster be prepared to dress up as Gordon on the 30th and hand out free copies as several Valve members have said the date is unchanged". But part of me also thinks he may very well know SOMETHING (the importance and extent of which can be questioned). But he has to know more than your average Joe one would think. Also, Coomer stated that Sept.30 is still the target, which means thats what theyre shooting for, which doesnt translate into "the game WILL be ready", also theres the matter of the game's publisher, Vivendi, delaying the release of the game until closer to the holidays, as is their publishing right. Anyways, regardless of all the info for and against the delay issue, I still sit on the fence and feel it could go either way. My gut feeling is it wont make Sept. 30, BUT (hold on to the flames) it will only be a short delay, like 2 weeks, and be out mid-October.

Basically people, once our site is 100% up and everything working perfectly just listen to us because unlike other HL2 websites we WON'T judge a 'no comment' as the end of the world. We WILL use some common sense and not say that HL2 might be Pay to Play and we won't say stupid little things like Fragmaster does.

I've stopped going to Phl in lieu of this website. I find it very annoying that the person RUNNING the hl2 fansite seems to not WANT the game to come out. I hate stupid people

The thing that baffles me is why a guy, who gave HL1 a poor review, and its constantly trying to be the bearer of bad HL2 news, is running PHL. Like what in the hell is the point of that?

darkstar why don t you shut up how old are you saying " nah nah nah "
I look planethalflife since his beginning and it s a great site.
I don t know if you played HL 1 or if you are just one of those who bought HL just for play cs but who are you to say all your bullshit to PHL.

I no buy HL just for play CS. I play gordon big money, 50 dollar! Make me happy long time. Planet HL leader no have self-control. Make me sad :( Make me want to take baseball bat to his skull... errr... wait..

Dude, we can dislike a website. Not a big dealio. I actually liked it untill he started using it as a podium to spout his insane rantings from the rooftop.. Well, I'm not much to talk. Just look at my signature....

I just feel that the PHL should be led by someone who actually appears to be a fan of the series.....

If he's not a fan of the series he'd hardly be running a HL website for the last 5 years, would he :)

You certainly can't blame him for having doubts about the date. I wouldn't put money on it being on time even now.

Leave him alone until the 30th of September. He's just in denial at the moment.

On the 30th of September we can all e-mail him and laugh at him. Well, we would if we weren't playing Half Life 2.

I absolutely agree. Not very professional of them.

Originally posted by DarkStar
That's pretty friggin' arrogant in my opinion. Does Fragmaster work at Valve? No. Does he have any idea how much work is left to do on the game? No. Yet he's SO confident that there is more than 20 days work left on the game and it won't be out Sept. 30 he posts this nonsense at the top of the page.

Looks to me like someone's in very deep denial.

shut up idiots, fragmaster rocks!
he makes the most hilarious flash movies! and who cares what he thinks, he's probably just trying to stir people up. i didn't like fragmaster at first (a few years ago) but now i realise he's cool.

^^ Whats with the name calling? shut up idiots? may I suggest you do the same.

I do have to say I'm a bit of a PHL fan myself, although I don't agree with Fragmaster on the whole delay thing. I think we also have to be careful not to say that he represents all the PHL staff, and I have to commend Jabberwocky for his usual commonsense in such matters.

Just because a game ships on September 30th, doesn't mean it will be on shelves September 30th.

Originally posted by rollthedise
Just because a game ships on September 30th, doesn't mean it will be on shelves September 30th.

People use the phrase "Release date" and "Ship Date" interchangable. They may say "Ship date" but they actually mean "Release Date".

From Interview
Lombardi: The release date's unchanged.

Valve have always been referring to 30th of Septemeber as the release date.

As someone already pointed out before, it is not that Fragmaster is not a fan of HL, but he is not professional journalist. I mean, come on, when all these delay rumors got out, his news posts became unbearable to read. With one news post he was able to make fan of all HL 2 community, like we just blind idiots who know nothing. Well, if he knows something, why won’t he tell us? If he knew that he couldn’t tell anyway, maybe he is in some sort of agreement with Valve, why give out stupid hints? Internet journalism is a joke.

Fragmaster is one of those somethingawful.com goons so he tries hard to copy SomethingAwful like writing style, and is just sayign it to get reactions and be funny.

still, one newsposter doenst make planethalflife ridiculous and i do believe he has got a good point there, if HL2 will be in stores @ 30 september well then we should know it in about 20 days, cuz we should know when a game goes gold

Back