Planethalflife: The countdown is on! HUH??

guinny said:
Hath thee no emotion? Thy tis not a drama queen. Thy speaks with the inner heart, and the purest of emotion.

what........:dozey:

I'm giving you a Tony, Guinny.

Homercidal said:
I'm emailing Gabe to find out. he hasn't replie dyet, but threes a charm you know.

or in my case.....500,403,192nd times a charm..... ;(

asdasd said:
"Hmmm no news on hl2 gold yet... well let's just see if I can get 3k retards excited.
The countdown is on!"

Did you just call us all retards? I couldn't tell. Your post was kinda cryptic.

DarkStar said:
Did you just call us all retards? I couldn't tell. Your post was kinda cryptic.

yes, and the sad thing is....he's right... ;(

Seriously, I think that when the going Gold annoucement is made, we should all put together our collective resources and get something for Valve, or make like a macaroni noodle picture of gabe and doug. But seriously, is there anyway we could do such a thing, like setup a paypal account for a "Yay Valve We Love You" fund?

You guys know that this could be it... THis could be the end. The end of all the hype and speculation. The end of all the painful promises, always broken. The end of a beautiful relationship between Software Company and it's loyal (but fickle) fans.

It makes me sad to think that soon we will have no reason toe bicker, blame and flame.

Of course, before that happens, Valve will have to provide a release date and then actually keep it, and you know what the odds of that happening are! ;)

mirageacg said:
Seriously, I think that when the going Gold annoucement is made, we should all put together our collective resources and get something for Valve, or make like a macaroni noodle picture of gabe and doug. But seriously, is there anyway we could do such a thing, like setup a paypal account for a "Yay Valve We Love You" fund?

Yeah cuz they're REALLY going to need money once hl2 is on the shelves....

here's my 2 cents:

due to NDA's (non-disclosure agreements), mods and magazines cannot comment on the status of HL2 without the game being released OR by Valve allowing them to comment on something...
with that in mind, Pratt knows something, but he's definitely not legally allowed to say anything...I think the mods here at HL2.net know something too...and I honestly think, somethings going on and somethings going to happen very soon with Valve making a press release...they;re's too much cooky shit going on for it not to be something big...

:rolleyes: Oh, I get it. Pratt has just been hired by Valve and so that was his obligatory misleading ambiguous posting. You know everyone there has to do that before they can partake of the company donuts. :cheers:

I'm not sure which will happen first: HL2 going gold and hitting shelves or me getting the new PC I ordered. That X800 XT is probably backordered into 2010.

kaellinn18 said:
I'm not sure which will happen first: HL2 going gold and hitting shelves or me getting the new PC I ordered. That X800 XT is probably backordered into 2010.

backordered to 2010? the surely youll get that x800 xt first, dont worry

"But there's one thing you gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky PUNK"

The answer is yes. My talking shamrock and 4 leaf clover said this was a good day. The 8-ball seems to agree and you don't want to know what the leprecuan and rabit foot said.

My lucky gangreenous foot also said it was going to cure itself today. My acne cleared up and penis is now 9 inches. THAt's not the half of it. It's my birthday tomorrow, and I shooting star killed a theif braking into my house last night. I think I should check my lottery ticket because my supermodel wife reminded me. (we met on an eclips while the planets aligned.)

And, I have this feeling HL2 is going gold soon. Maybe tomorrow will turn out better...WHO KNOWS!

B-MAn said:
how long has tht counter been up for?

That particular section has always been there. The "countdown" message was there for all of two minutes before it was changed.

Hmmm... I see that there has been a change in content on that page. I wonder if he had intended on putting that up instead, but the countdown message got put up by mistake...

Pratt still hasn't replied to my email. Maybe I shouldn't have called him a bastard in it....

wonkers said:
"But there's one thing you gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky PUNK"

The answer is yes. My talking shamrock and 4 leaf clover said this was a good day. The 8-ball seems to agree and you don't want to know what the leprecuan and rabit foot said.

My lucky gangreenous foot also said it was going to cure itself today. My acne cleared up and penis is now 9 inches. THAt's not the half of it. It's my birthday tomorrow, and I shooting star killed a theif braking into my house last night. I think I should check my lottery ticket because my supermodel wife reminded me. (we met on an eclips while the planets aligned.)

And, I have this feeling HL2 is going gold soon. Maybe tomorrow will turn out better...WHO KNOWS!

Man that's all wonderful news. If I had to pick one however I would go with the 9 inch penis. Everything else wouldn't matter with a 9 inch penis cause........well its 9 inches.

Well my grannies aunties dog revealed that the Steam bandwidth increase was indeed related to the hoax Gold announcement, the ATI guy saying it was going gold this week, Gabe licking donuts, Doug talking bollocks (or vice versa) and the recent full moon we had. He then went on to say that the countdown had indeed begun and he needed a walk in the park.

I smell a conspiracy!!

just found this in the comments for the CS: Source beta

In Reply To #6

The original post that stated there would be a update was a fake - talking about adding maps and other things..

The e-mail we recived was confirming that...

But there was in fact a update of a different nature..

Bait said:
Who? What? Where? When? Why?

Basically a fake email was sent to PHL with false update notes on the CS Source beta saying new maps would be added etc. Anyway the real Valve apparently emailed to say the other email was fake and give the correct patch notes.

So the staff member says "The e-mail we recived was confirming that..." referring to the Valve email but he also says "But there was in fact a update of a different nature.."

spicoli420 said:
Man that's all wonderful news. If I had to pick one however I would go with the 9 inch penis. Everything else wouldn't matter with a 9 inch penis cause........well its 9 inches.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. But then again, If i lost my job, I could always make money in the Pr0n industry! :naughty:

Pi Mu Rho said:
Wouldn't it be terrible to have such secret knowledge, and be unable to share it, no matter how much you wanted to?

:)

Ahahah, that cracked me up

So damn cocky, so arrogant....But hey, if its anything like a Gold ann.(which I hope) you're forgiven :)

Me thinks, pre-load tonight (for me, about 6h from now) , gold either this night or the next. And a world wide realise the 15 of sept (which incidental is my birthday !!)

Koffern, "preload tonight?" HL2 has already begun preloading..

Homercidal said:
It's not all it's cracked up to be. But then again, If i lost my job, I could always make money in the Pr0n industry! :naughty:

Awesome!!! If that's the case just be careful, I would hate to see a nice lad like you get all caught up in money and hot chicks :smoking:

I knew it was nothing. Turned out to be a fake email. Sigh....we over exaggerate everything, when will we learn. Back to complete silence. :|

guinny said:
I knew it was nothing. Turned out to be a fake email. Sigh....we over exaggerate everything, when will we learn. Back to complete silence. :|

Come again?

guinny said:

no no no. you just totally misread what i posted.

That was pertaining to the CS:S update of last night, which isn't related to the Countdown thing that was posted on PHL.

It'll happen....or ....we will be getting all ancy for no reason. That would bother me. either way I am getting sloshed tomorrow around 6:20 YEEE HAAAAA>

Just sit tight,

I remember at GG, sadogoat was privvy to a bunch of AVP2 info that he couldn't talk about, but sure enough, his "hints" were always confirmed by an official press statement a few days after.

What does that mean?

HL2 is gold?
More HL2 preloading?
TF2 is gold?
Duke Nukem Forever is in stores?
Jimmy Hoffa was found on desert island with Amelia Earhart, Tupac and Elvis at the grill??

Who knows...

Just be patient.

but Halflife_84s comment possibly does relate to the countdown thing in the last line. Thats what i was saying.

In Reply To #6

The original post that stated there would be a update was a fake - talking about adding maps and other things..

The e-mail we recived was confirming that...

But there was in fact a update of a different nature..

I allready said I was impatient. SATISFACTION NOW DAMNIT.

Back