Planethalflife: The countdown is on! HUH??

mung said:
Duke Nukem Forever is in stores?
Jimmy Hoffa was found on desert island with Amelia Earhart, Tupac and Elvis at the grill??

Who knows...

Just be patient.

Hmm.....I think the latter one is true. But the second one is also possible I suppose. All your other assumptions are just silly.

DNF is dead. Leave it be. It's like grave robbing everytime someone talks about it. It's a dead dog. It ain't gonna happen. This however will happen.

MetalliMyers said:
Off Subject:

Your quote is not Jules Winnfield, it is from the Bible

Actually, I believe he was quoting the character from Pulp Fiction, who was quoting from the bible, out of context BTW. Strangely funny movie.

Well, back on topic....

Looks like the gopher has gone back into his hole. Hopefully the next time we see him, he'll be carrying a gold nugget in his furry little paws.

wonkers said:
DNF is dead. Leave it be. It's like grave robbing everytime someone talks about it. It's a dead dog. It ain't gonna happen.

With an attitude like that, it certainly won't.

:upstare:

What are you guys talking about - I see no counter.

The last thing I might least be going to say is that valve announced HL2 going gold at ECTS as surprise on 1st sept -

oh...shit, I wasn't supposed to say that, it was a secret email. :O
Sorry valve.

lans said:

The last thing I might least be going to say is that valve announced HL2 going gold at ECTS as surprise on 1st sept -

Sorry valve.

...you're lying, right? And yes, i think that Planet Half Life quickly removed the counter for some suspicious reason...

Yes, PHL did remove a "The countdown is on!" message from their site. Seems very fishy.

lans said:

Sorry valve.

lans, you kidding right ? ;(

Don't let me :sniper: you :(

I'm getting tired. THis is too overwhelming for me. Plus, there isno new news lately.

My friend just got his new CPU delivered at home so he's leaving work early to install it. Since he doesn't have Internet, I told him I'd call if there were any Gold announcements. or, I'd ring it once and hang up. Then he'd wonder if the game went gold or if I was just Fking with him.... he he...

See what I mean - sorry you guys have to kill me - but it's to easy to misguide y'all.

No I'm not special and valve has sent me no secret mail, but the fact that Pi Mu Hro was just playing around with you and most of you easily fell for it should be now clear.

:rolling: HOLY COW :rolling: You guys read WAY TO MUCH into things!!!!!!!!!!!

lans said:

Sorry valve.

neither Valve nor Vivendi is on the ECTS vendor list. ATI is though.

Nah, I think they'd just post the news on their site and flood game sites with emails. Wouldn't take long. I think I could hear the boom from here.

lans, :)

you are 100% right, I shouldn't Believe anything till I see an officail statement from the MAN HIMSELF.

Gorgon said:
lans, :)

you are 100% right, I shouldn't Believe anything till I see an officail statement from the MAN HIMSELF.

Even then, take it with a grain of salt...or an entire bag for that matter.

So...how long DID it say on the counter before it was so secretly removed??? :thumbs:

Homercidal said:
Actually, I believe he was quoting the character from Pulp Fiction, who was quoting from the bible, out of context BTW. Strangely funny movie.

Well, back on topic....

Looks like the gopher has gone back into his hole. Hopefully the next time we see him, he'll be carrying a gold nugget in his furry little paws.

actually the quote was written by quentin tarantino. if you look up "Ezekiel 25:17", you won't find that quote. It's pure fiction.

Sashswash said:
So...how long DID it say on the counter before it was so secretly removed??? :thumbs:

1 hour 17minutes and 23 seconds to be precise:)

Spiffae said:
actually the quote was written by quentin tarantino. if you look up "Ezekiel 25:17", you won't find that quote. It's pure fiction.

OT

Jules frequently quotes "Ezekiel 25:17" in "Pulp Fiction," but in fact he has greatly altered the Bible passage. The actual passage says:

"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

Here's what Jules says, adding bits from the 23rd Psalm and his own rhetoric:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

The 'citizens' pretty much signals to me it has something to do with HL2

Doombringer said:
Yes, PHL did remove a "The countdown is on!" message from their site. Seems very fishy.

maybe they very testing how it looked, and someone stumbled upon it.
c'mon now..

mung said:
Just sit tight,

I remember at GG, sadogoat was privvy to a bunch of AVP2 info that he couldn't talk about, but sure enough, his "hints" were always confirmed by an official press statement a few days after.

What does that mean?

HL2 is gold?
More HL2 preloading?
TF2 is gold?
Duke Nukem Forever is in stores?
Jimmy Hoffa was found on desert island with Amelia Earhart, Tupac and Elvis at the grill??

Who knows...

Just be patient.
More HL2 preload - Would not need a counter.
TF2 gold - not really.
DNF - its more likely to find Elvis and all the other dudes, on desert island.
So Hl2 must be gold. That is the most logical deduction.
My opinion. Oh well, at least 2 weeks til it hits the stores, so
really nothing to party about.

cadaveca said:
maybe they very testing how it looked, and someone stumbled upon it.
c'mon now..

lol. on the front page. with dozens of views per minute. on the front page. lol.

i didn't see the countdown,
maybe this means that there telling every one so they can have a synced world wide gone gold announcement and party...

then again thats just what i think :eek:

No one cares what you think. Except you, of course.

I am a nice guy. Really, I swear.

FFS, guys do you really think that valve would choose to tell such a big news to some random fansite admin?

No. Pratt doesn't know anything more than us. A news such as HL2's release date/gold countdown would only be known to someone important like the publisher or the industry insiders, who have deep contacts with valve.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Wouldn't it be terrible to have such secret knowledge, and be unable to share it, no matter how much you wanted to?

:)

You silly, silly, silly fool.

I hate you with every fiber of my being

lans said:
See what I mean - sorry you guys have to kill me - but it's to easy to misguide y'all.

No I'm not special and valve has sent me no secret mail, but the fact that Pi Mu Hro was just playing around with you and most of you easily fell for it should be now clear.

Well the courteous/responsible thing to do would have been to post that he was just kidding. But Pi Mu Rho never did that. So either he DOES know something or he's uncourteous/irresponsible. And I know that he is ineed both courteous and responsible so that leaves only one option.

Seriously, posting "Nah Nah, I know something!" when it's a lie, just to see the response, is something a troll would do. Pi Mu Rho is not a troll.

Considering i have been trying to post since 5, its hella hard to say my opinion, its a hush hush thing, he accidently put it up there, and had to take it off so yea... the countdown is still on!

Back