Playstation HOME Launching Dec. 11 (That's tomorrow!!)

Reaction score
Sony has announced that the wait will end December 11, with Home becoming a free download that will launch directly from the PSN column on the XMB. Those living in North America will get access to previously announced virtual environments from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Far Cry 2, with Resistance, Warhawk, Guitar Hero and SOCOM spaces coming at a later date.
Source.

Wow. Big news day. Can't wait to give this a try. It has always sounded like a fun way to relax and connect with friends in virtual space. Not to mention that those themed environments look awesome.

I can't talk about this until tomorrow.

Wait until you hear what I have to say.

Protip: you won't like it.

I'm going to assume this is Sony's match for Microsoft's Fall update?

I'll have to dl it and give it a try. I haven't been foaming at the mouth to get this or hyped in any way so my expectations are near zero. If it sucks I won't use it, if it doesn't suck I will use it. Profound, I know.

Source.

Wow. Big news day. Can't wait to give this a try. It has always sounded like a fun way to relax and connect with friends in virtual space. Not to mention that those themed environments look awesome.
All it has ever sounded to me is like a half-arsed Second Life made by Sony in a desperate attempt to increase the attractiveness of the PS3.

That.

Copying ****ers.

Fairly sure Home has been around much longer than NXE. When was the beta launched?

Anyway copying ****ers is a tad ironic don't you think? MS are all about copying things.

Not to mention Home has been in development for a lot longer...

Anyway, I don't know what to think. Honestly I don't see myself using it much after the first week or so. I'm sure I'll check up on it whenever there's a cool new thing added that lets you play minigames or whatever but it probably won't be a huge part of my experience.

Im in the beta and personally for me the building your own "house" etc and trophy walls is what im most interested in. Which for the most part is not in the beta. Its a really cool idea. Pretty much 2nd Life with good gfx and no bullshit. Im not going to use it to join games but will surly put some time into my "space"

Can't wait. This along with lbp is the main reason I got a ps3 over a xbox 360.

Can't wait. This along with lbp is the main reason I got a ps3 over a xbox 360.
So you bought a more expensive console because of 1 game and HOME? Just making sure I understood you correctly.

The PS3 is a worthwhile purchase if you can afford one. If you can't, just stick to bashing them.

The PS3 is a worthwhile purchase if you can afford one. If you can't, just stick to bashing them.
Can you honestly say that if one already owns a 360, from buying it almost a year before the PS3 was out, the PS3 is still a worthwhile purchase?

So you bought a more expensive console because of 1 game and HOME? Just making sure I understood you correctly.

Oh you understood him correctly you're just being a fool. According to his post yes he bought a PS3 because of two products not available on the Xbox. If they were on the Xbox you'd have a valid argument. Starting an argument over price is a waste of time.

Can you honestly say that if one already owns a 360, from buying it almost a year before the PS3 was out, the PS3 is still a worthwhile purchase?

Yeah, I've had a 360 since release, and a Wii since release ... I bought a PS3 anyway. Even if you forget about the games (or current lack-of) its still a good blu-ray player, it's a great network media streamer, and a competent web browser (perfect for the HD telly). I paid 300 GBP for mine including GT5 prologue and littlebigplanet ... Knock it all you like, at the end of the day, its really not that bad a deal for what it is.

Besides the fact that the ps3 has better exclusives now and every hot game as well. Plus a free service thats far superior then the 360. Dont get me started.

Iv bought all 3 consoles on launch.. I played and loved the 360 the 1st year. A year and a half into PS3 iv touched my 360 for 1 game. GEARS 2 which was OK.

I dunno, but I can honestly say this thread isn't for you.

Yes and I own a 360 from launch. Currently the PS3 is my fav console (also doesn't help in its favours from my opinion that I can't stand the NXE on 360)

Woo, good news!

And I expected this to take at least one more page before the ps3 bashing appeared.

Besides the fact that the ps3 has better exclusives now and every hot game as well. Plus a free service thats far superior then the 360. Dont get me started.

Iv had every console since its come out.. I played and loved the 360 the 1st year. A year and a half into PS3 iv touched my 360 for 1 game. GEARS 2 which was OK.
Sure you have Asuka, you had a Colecovision? A C64? An Intellivision?

Anyway, I've touched my 360 for more games than my PS3, I only bought the PS3 for MGS4, Killzone 2 and GT5, but yeah, I seem a bit hypocritical, I was having PMS earlier, my apologies.

However, even despite the fact I own a PS3, I really don't understand why people are hyped about HOME, I've played Second Life and it was AWFUL IMO, an AWFUL concept, and HOME sounds like it's partially trying to mimic it.

Id only have bought a PS3 for MGS4 and GT5, and maybe Littlebigplanet, but thats about it.

I do appreciate it's technology though, being able to browse the web in HD, Blueray etc etc, its superior to the 360. But for gaming?

360 crushes it.

Besides, MGS4 is coming to the 360 anyway so im happy now.

Id only have bought a PS3 for MGS4 and GT5, and maybe Littlebigplanet, but thats about it.

I do appreciate it's technology though, being able to browse the web in HD, Blueray etc etc, its superior to the 360. But for gaming?

360 crushes it.

Besides, MGS4 is coming to the 360 anyway so im happy now.
MGS4 coming to the 360 is afaik still speculation?

Sure you have Asuka, you had a Colecovision? A C64? An Intellivision?

Anyway, I've touched my 360 for more games than my PS3, I only bought the PS3 for MGS4, Killzone 2 and GT5, but yeah, I seem a bit hypocritical, I was having PMS earlier, my apologies.

However, even despite the fact I own a PS3, I really don't understand why people are hyped about HOME, I've played Second Life and it was AWFUL IMO, an AWFUL concept, and HOME sounds like it's partially trying to mimic it.

Bad wording, i meant i bought every console out of the 3 on launch.

Yes, MGS4 on 360 is still just a hope.

My 360 saw use from Test Drive: Unlimited, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Fable 2. That's it. Other than that, I have not turned on my 360. (I am maddeningly awaiting Braid on PC.)

My PS3 not only has had more games that I like, but also lets me watch Blu-rays, surf the web, and access all of my media content from my portable HDDs. Its just more functional.

That said, HOME to me seems like a very relaxing place to wander around (esp. the game environments). I don't think I will use it all the time, but a lot of it seems like fun. The arcade games and the environment-specific games sound incredible. The talk of a playable 2D Uncharted got me excited, as did talk of the interactivity of the environments in terms of puzzles and such potentially. Playing movies and trailers from an in-game apartment looks pretty neat too.

I am not SUPER-HYPPPPPPEEDDD, but I am looking forward to a cool place to wander and explore. Should be fun and there will only be MUCH more to come (like attending a virtual TGS or E3). HOME is SUPER-PREGNANT with potential.

EDIT: How the hell did you guys get Wiis at launch???

I have a PS3 because I can't stand a single one of the 360 exclusives.

Has anyone heard whether this is just NA getting the release or will Europe be seeing it too?

I hope you guys have read the links etc and are aware that this isn't the full version being released tomorrow, so to speak, it's the beta becoming available for everyone.

And Blackthorn, it is for NA and EU.

So it's an open beta instead of the official release. They plan on releasing the official Home by the end of the year. I bet they're pulling a COD4 and WAW beta type scheme - just a glorified demo. but, i'm not complaining, heh. The earlier everyone gets it, you really can't complain.

2008-

Xbox 360:

Fable 2
Gears of War 2
Left 4 Dead - Really going to play this on the 360? (Valves biggest and probably only mistake is not supporting the PS3)
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Lost Odyssey - ?

PlayStation 3:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Little Big Planet
Resistance 2
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Echochrome

2009-

PlayStation 3:

God of War 3
Uncharted 2
Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5
DC Universe

Xbox 360-

Halo Wars = Really?
Alan Wake
Halo 3: Recon

Exclusives to look forward to:

PlayStation 3-

Twisted Metal
Black
MAG
inFamous
TimeSplitters 4

Xbox 360-

name some

Watch this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43061.html?type=wmv - 20:00 Skip to that. 23:10 it really kicks in.

The guy gets owned. 360 defender that is.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/937/937058p1.html

Xbox360:

- Mass Effect 2
- Alan Wake
- Halo 3: Recon
- Ninety-Nine Nights 2
- Ninja Blade
- All Points Bulletin
- Huxley
- Halo Wars
- 2 days to Vegas (Timed exclusive for PC and 360)
- Project Forza 3
- Lionhead Project Dimitri (Confirmed that Lionhead will release a game in 2009)
- Mistwalker Project 1 aka Cry On (At least in Japan)
- Splinter Cell: Conviction
- White Gold
- Square Enix Project 1 (Rumored that Square Enix has one more unnanounced project for the Xbox 360)
- Mistwalker Project 2 (Probably early 2010, but we might get lucky).
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope

LoL, you might just be considered as a complete ignorant fool if you ignore next year's 360 titles.

Not to mention, I'm gonna throw in upcoming kickass '09 Wii titles just because.

- No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
- Mad World
- Tenchu 4
- Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
- Disaster: Day of Crisis
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (I pray to God this game makes to oversea next year)

A new No More Heroes? HOLY SHIT!

Also, I played with a friend who was in the Home beta, and the only thing that seemed fun was doing the running man randomly. The rest of it seemed pretty boring.

Splinter Cell - PS3 as well.
Mass Effect 2 - Ill give you that. Part 1 was insane.
Halo 3 - Recon = a expansion being sold for full price, after Halo 3's horribleness well see.
Ninety-Nine Nights 2 - 2 concept art shots? Really ill pull out some games with those as well.
APB - no comment.
Huxley - fail, it failed after the 1st gameplay videos. This will get a max score of 4.0 trust me
Halo Wars - could be good but there has yet to be a good rts on a console. Shutting the studio after release doesnt help ether.
2 days to Vegas - your listing a canceled game that was suppose to come out on every platform?
Project Forza 3 - Moterstorm 2 and GT5
White Gold - Seriously now your pulling out any ****ing random game.

Huxley - fail, it failed after the 1st gameplay videos. This will get a max score of 4.0 trust meether.

By that logic, the argument that Killzone 2 will be all show and boring gameplay is legitimate. Personally I dont think its fair to write off any exclusive just because you think it will suck, as that's completely subjective.

Oh, and Endwar was a good RTS for the 360. Yeah, it wasnt perfect, but the voice control made it completely accessible to gamers.

Splinter Cell - PS3 as well.
Fission Mailed.
Huxley - fail, it failed after the 1st gameplay videos. This will get a max score of 4.0 trust me
You are talking about of your ass. Trust me.
Halo Wars - could be good but there has yet to be a good rts on a console. Shutting the studio after release doesnt help ether.
Your point is? You asked for 2009 360 titles, I named one.
2 days to Vegas - your listing a canceled game that was suppose to come out on every platform?
Source or GTFO
Project Forza 3 - Moterstorm 2 and GT5
So what? PF3 is coming out next year exclusive on 360. Stop trying to rebut every single list of games because you think it does not look better.

Fission Mailed.

You are talking about of your ass. Trust me.

Your point is? You asked for 2009 360 titles, I named one.

Source or GTFO

So what? PF3 is coming out next year exclusive on 360. Stop trying to rebut every single list of games because you think it does not look better.

Woot! UT3 MMO with shit guns! You can tell the game feels like shit just by watching this joke.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/738456/huxley/videos/huxley_combat_030708.html

Is there even a argument.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748475/killzone-next-gen/videos/killzone_entering_the_fray.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/744/744413.html
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/744/744412.html

You have 1 valid arguable point and that's about Halo Wars having a chance at being good.

Back