Portal: ApertureScience.com (Possible Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are probably reading this topic and laughing with us... bastards!!!

They did it last time, added new key words to the word quest mentioned a few pages earlier on the fly.

It was hilarious.

by the way they are actively working on the site because there was a PHP error earlier today and now its gone.

When you enter in thecakeisalie, you get what seems to be some sort of email or message from other worker.

It appears as though they were put into lockdown... and they've been working on 20 year old equipment that only appears to look 20 years old. He stated that the terminals don't have to tap out characters one at a time, which is what it appears the terminal has to do during the application process (it prints out spaces and letters one at a time).

Then he gives us a show of the relaxation vault which has no doors, so perhaps someone gets into there via portals.

You get that when you answer all the questions anyway. :|

heres a screenshot of the message you get when you finish applying. its a bit different than the message you get when typing in thecakeisalie. man what does this all mean?!

Attachments

• applyfinished.jpg
    applyfinished.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 953
riom, they DO watch us. I checked the domainnames.com again, and now there are THREE addresses pointing to the .swf file, the newest one being aperturelabratories.com ...

riom, they DO watch us. I checked the domainnames.com again, and now there are THREE addresses pointing to the .swf file, the newest one being aperturelabratories.com ...

That is creepy. I mean... for all you know, one of us could be from Valve.

Some guy on another forum I go to mentioned using the "crime" you typed ealier in place of your UID after completing the questions. I tried it and it doesn't seem to work.

Questions that need to be answered.

Are there any other workstations to access? If so, how?

How do we access the other drives on the current available workstation?

Of the 19 blocks available for files in Disk Volume 255 of Drive B, block 19 is the one that holds APPLY.EXE. What is in the other blocks, if anything?

How do we get past the write protection on Drive B?
Once this is answered, what is shown with the APPEN and ATTRIB commands?

What are the possible parameters for the INTERROGATE command?
How do you bypass illegal attempts to initiate disciplinary actions?

What is shown with the TAPEDISK command? How do we gain authorization to transfer system tapes? What is on the system tapes?

What is the "Enrichment Center"?

What is the purpose of the "relaxation vault"?

Is the "relaxation vault" connected to the "Enrichment Center"?

How do we access the other security feeds, the first of which was shown to us by person communicating with us at the end of the application process?

Who is the person communicating with us at the end of the application process?

How do we access the advanced abilities of the terminals, hinted at by the aformentioned person?

What the hell is up with the mothering freaky cake?

Sorry for the doublepost, but entering in the command VALVE while accessing Drive B now kicks you out of the system.

I love you guys up there. *wink*

This is COOL! Damn, I hope all you smart guys figure this out, I'll be trying to help too.

What year is Half Life 1 set in? I have a bad memory. If it's 2002, we may be one step closer. If the technology is 20 years old and made in 1982... although some people round up so even if Half Life takes place earlier it could be set in Black Mesa.

I'm just speculating here.

After looking through the SWF, I have a few answers:

1) The INTERROGATE command does nothing. It either says you need at least one parameter after the command if you just type INTERROGATE, or it says invalid parameter if you do enter in something. It doesn't evaluate it at all.

2) The password PORTAL or PORTALS gives you access.

After looking through the SWF, I have a few answers:

1) The INTERROGATE command does nothing. It either says you need at least one parameter after the command if you just type INTERROGATE, or it says invalid parameter if you do enter in something. It doesn't evaluate it at all.

2) The password PORTAL or PORTALS gives you access.

No offence, but you keep telling us things we know. See this post:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2033260&postcount=38

Bah when I enter in the command Dekstar, nothing happens.

Something should happen... :E.

It redirects me to my homepage, and it was posted before, please read before you post.

Indeed, which is why I edited my post. Anybody care to write a summary in a single post of what's been found?

Indeed, which is why I edited my post. Anybody care to write a summary in a single post of what's been found?

It's mostly in the link I posted. In fact... it's mostly in the posts by the author of my link that include the information.

the events in halflife were set in 199X, basically at some indeterminate point int he late 90s.

I'm starting to think that portal is going to take place before or during the black mesa incident and that the portal technology in portal will be linked story-wise to the portal tech that was in black mesa. And that in turn, advanced portal tech will be the secret weapon type project that kleiner, eli, and mossman are working on. For example, what if the portal facility IS Kraken Base?

Remember how mossman mentioned how the combine where at a disadvantage when it came to transportation once in our universe since they could not teleport locally? I'm thinking the use of portal tech is the ace up their sleeve to exploit this weakness.

Please people, read before you post! Half of this thread is exactly like the other half. Quit repetaing said stuff.

Which proves that people with an attention span as short as ours can never run out of material for talking.

Please memorize your (UIN(+L)), as you may be required to recite from memorise as proof

How can I remember it, if it keeps on changing after a few seconds!?
:D

That is creepy. I mean... for all you know, one of us could be from Valve.

Please, act normally, I am only here to observe your normal behaviour... PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

Relaxation vault is definitely the first "level" because there is a huge 00 on the wall next to it.

This is delicous cake. We must eat it.

It would be cool to get a reaction with the Lost numbers lol.
As one guy mentioned , the cake could be a 10 year anniversary , it makes sense, I belive Valve was founded at 1996.
and just in case Valve people are reading this , if you ever get back making Prosperto , a ravishing adventure game will be more than welcomed.

the events in halflife were set in 199X, basically at some indeterminate point int he late 90s.

I'm starting to think that portal is going to take place before or during the black mesa incident and that the portal technology in portal will be linked story-wise to the portal tech that was in black mesa. And that in turn, advanced portal tech will be the secret weapon type project that kleiner, eli, and mossman are working on. For example, what if the portal facility IS Kraken Base?

Remember how mossman mentioned how the combine where at a disadvantage when it came to transportation once in our universe since they could not teleport locally? I'm thinking the use of portal tech is the ace up their sleeve to exploit this weakness.

Half Life is set in 2003, as stated in Raising the Bar.

if you complete the application process and enter in "THECAKEISALIE" when it asks you for your 64-digit UID code, it will immediately bring up the security camera message instead of warning you that your UID does not match records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back