Portal Update - Hidden achievement & Viral Riddles [Updated]

Cave Johnson is the founder of Aperture Science.

There has got to be something big in those pictures. They did not lead us all the way here, just to imply a further date with more information.

I love you, Valve.

Also, is that one Vort holding a portal gun?

Good eye. I'm not sure that those are Vorts though. I think that's Dog on the left, and yes I think that's a Portal gun.

This is all going to end back in Xen, right? I think that's the logical conclusion, unless it all ends back in Black Mesa a second before everything went to Hell.

From ZT's post #80
To summarize: 6218376213 wjqehjk -213888^%@5*(*@)@)#*a@ +---+++
Anyone worked on this or able to decipher what kind of code this is?

Btw for those not following the stuff, one of the pieces of information alludes to a date: March 11th - when Valve will be at a gaming thingy.

the 3.11 thing? It's quite a tenuous conclusion.

I'm not sure on the significance of the 3.11. What is interesting is that the Glados version on the aperturescience.com website is v1.09 or something. This version through the BBS connection is v3.11 - a newer version of Glados. Not sure how she's managed to upgrade herself, unless someone is working on her?

Oh and I've updated the 1st post with all the major details to far - so read it to catch up.

You know what struck me just now, and would be awesome? Episode 2 released with Portal and all, maybe Episode 3 will release with Portal 2... and since the stories are already tied together, maybe it will play out somehow in the game(s). That could be the reason behind all the secrecy surrounding both and the sudden emergence of all of this hullabaloo. I mean Left 4 Dead 2's announcement was about as exciting as a peanut butter sandwich. All of this buildup could mean something big.

People on Steampowered are claiming Portal just updated again with no announcement. Could be BS.

There has got to be something big in those pictures. They did not lead us all the way here, just to imply a further date with more information.

Something big like the massive piece of information hidden in the pre-HL2 puzzle for the forum?

There was a puzzle to view secret media on half-life2.com.

Btw for those not following the stuff, one of the pieces of information alludes to a date: March 11th - when Valve will be at a gaming thingy.
WOW WAY TO RESTATE WHAT I SAID LIKE 2 PAGES BACK >: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I want to believe he'll say something about Episode 3 then, but not holding my breath.

WOW WAY TO RESTATE WHAT I SAID LIKE 2 PAGES BACK >: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I want to believe he'll say something about Episode 3 then, but not holding my breath.
I totally have you on ignore, hence me not seeing it.

Steam thread is now out of control. I'll post this here - don't know if I'm late, or not.

tube_room.png

And I'm suddenly more interested in the first Valve game I ever bought.
Time to try and get this achievment.

Oh god. This is becoming more amazing as time goes on!

Wow, I only found this campaign an hour ago, I'm suffering from an infomation overload. I really can't stop shaking due the awesomeness.

i wonder if the black sentry guns can transport themselves or be transported to different areas via the bubble we see it in?

maybe there'll be no sentires in a room then suddenly two bubble roll in and drop black sentries? what you think the difference will be between white and black sentries?

People on Steampowered are claiming Portal just updated again with no announcement. Could be BS.

Mine just updated and I'd been on Steam till like 11pm last night. (its about 10:50am now)

portaldownload.jpg

Portal and Half-Life are surely overlapping. I smell another Orange Box coming.

Portal and Half-Life are surely overlapping. I smell another Orange Box coming.

Yeah, a combination of multiple games would definitely be logical. I wonder if there will be a third game. CS3?

Return of the "Black Box" for a Episode 3 and Portal 2 release would be pretty awesome.

One of the most interesting theories I have heard is that these BBS transmissions are part of the original transmission Mossman was trying to send to the resistance.

One of the most interesting theories I have heard is that these BBS transmissions are part of the original transmission Mossman was trying to send to the resistance.
That fits my own theory rather well, and would put an interesting fix on the timeline of portal. The main problem with it being the meta-game stuff that's happening now probably wouldn't fit with the in-game technology they are using, but that's just nitpicking. Of course, if my theory is right it amounts to GLaDOS sending data to herself, but that's not too farfetched given she would essentially be two independent computers, one in the AS labs and one onboard Borealis otherwise incapable of communicating between themselves.

Edit: fits the skull image too, it's the skull of one of the crew of the borealis. There haven't been any skeletons or human remains seen within the AS labs (though that doesn't necessarily mean there aren't or weren't any).

And we kept on being annoyed at Valve cause they didn't tell us how EP3 was going along - shame on us when they come out with this beauty!

Back