Possible IGN story 12am PST...

R

rbf1138

On the message boards, IGNPC editor Tal posted this:

"Perhaps the tastiest nuggets of them all. Mmmmmm, nuggets.

Sorry, can't say much, but you'll definitely want to check IGNPC at midnight tonight. This one is worth staying up for :0)

Tal
IGN "

how long until midnight?(Im in Australia and its 2pm here)

one more hour, IGN time (it seems, i'm not sure) it's 12:09 here, and the latest update on IGNPC is listed as 11:06 PM.

i doubt this nugget has to do with HL2, but who knows. my guess? D3 gold maybe?

rbf1138 said:
On the message boards, IGNPC editor Tal posted this:

"Perhaps the tastiest nuggets of them all. Mmmmmm, nuggets.

Sorry, can't say much, but you'll definitely want to check IGNPC at midnight tonight. This one is worth staying up for :0)

Tal
IGN "

what was he replying to? what was the topic?

I'm guessing it's either Doom went gold, NOLF 3 unveiled, or the one we all are hoping for...

no reply...new post

What is it 3 or 4 hours from now? I don't really know, I live in the state of Arizona and we don't have daylight savings time. :p

[Edit]: linky?

Nuggets = chicken = bullets = Monolith = NOLF 3 or whatever that screenshot was!

Oooo Doom 3 gone gold, NOLF 3 or something new about HL2 :D awesome :D I love it :D

To sleep or not to sleep... ah Hell, it's not even midnight here and they're two hours behind...

Can't link, it's an IGN Insider board. I'm sure if it's HL2 news someone here will post when it hits. It's 3am EST by the way.

now I know why I paid money for fileplanet/IGN. I'll be back in a minute with confirmation about that post. :)

i see a thread called "• tasty carmel-coated nuggets tonight at midnight pacific time" over at the ign boards, but i cant join due to that im not a subscriber :\

damn of all times to cancle a account :\

rbf1138 said:
Can't link, it's an IGN Insider board. I'm sure if it's HL2 news someone here will post when it hits. It's 3am EST by the way.

rbf, you're crazy. I'm in EST, and it's 12:23. I think you've got it a little backwards :)

edit: ok, we get it now. sorry 'bout that.

Spiffae said:
rbf, you're crazy. I'm in EST, and it's 12:23. I think you've got it a little backwards :)

i think he means that it will be midnight pacific time, which is 3 pm eastern. and thats when the info will go up. so that means ill see it in the morning, not gonna stay up till 3 :thumbs:

He means 12AM PST is 3AM EST
Do you guys have NO grasp of timezones? ;)

x84D80Yx said:
i see a thread called "• tasty carmel-coated nuggets tonight at midnight pacific time" over at the ign boards, but i cant join due to that im not a subscriber :\

damn of all times to cancle a account :\
midnight pacific (i.e. midnight in california, where E3 is) is in 2 and a half hours.

I've got an exam tomorrw, no way I'm staying up for this bad boy.

/bookmarks thread
/goes to sleep

Just checked it out. Sounds like it will be a non-event. Somebody wrote on that thread that last year they did the same thing for Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. But I will check it out just to see what it is.

Spiffae said:
no way I'm staying up for this bad boy.

/bookmarks thread
/goes to sleep

you and me both brother. being on the east coast sometimes has its disadvantages :(

yea it does. I will stay up, mainly because I will be programming anyways.

Just a random thought...would anyone else shed a tear if Newell and Carmack walk up to each other and shake hands. I mean...especially if both games main booths were right next to each other. I know I would...

OR WOULD I!

aha!

well, i can't exactly pay for the subscription service, so what were these "tasty nuggets" that he was talking about?

Why? Its not like they hate each other. In fact, Half-Life licensed both the Quake and the Quake 2 engines (they just happened to rewrite 70% of the code).

Why? Its not like they hate each other. In fact, Half-Life licensed both the Quake and the Quake 2 engines (they just happened to rewrite 70% of the code).

It was just a joke--realizing that Valve even created a tribute to Quake itself with Classic deathmatch.

I was using it as a metaphor to the community. HL2 is better then DooM says the typical HL fanboy. DooM 3 is better then HL2. The idea itself was just a sign of "enough" to the community. I have no doubts that both companies respect each other very much, and Gabe/Carmack both even said so in an interview. I didn't mean it as if they are fighting/developing against each other for the game of the year or anything =p.

Yup, while you are waiting you could download this:

HL Speed Run

This guy can run through HL1 in about 1 hour. Impressive, even if he does use a few "tricks" that some would say negates it.[Walking through the sky brush]

He did edit some things, and he states that it clearly isn't for competition, just for entertainment.

Later--

Gamespy says that they will have the latest on HL2 tomorrow so I am guessing IGN will also have the latest on HL2 at midnight. Hopefully its something different than the magazine previews.

Well, seeing as how I'm on the west coast I'll be up anyway. Wish I had an account though.

You going to be up blahblahblah to give us the scoop?

Yeah, I will be up for a while. I am working on a tax research case that is due tommorow. :x

Well, I have an account with IGN, and knowing myself I'll still be up at 3am.

Here's to insomnia!

*qckbeam raises his glass

Neutrino said:
Well, seeing as how I'm on the west coast I'll be up anyway. Wish I had an account though.

You going to be up blahblahblah to give us the scoop?

Me too. Only an hour and 30 minutes left.

Back