Possible IGN story 12am PST...

zzzz.. so tired, need sleep.. this had better be worth the wait :) Yep, 2:55 here

If the announcement is delayed, are any of us really going to be surprised? :)

This better be worth it. If this is anything less than grade A propaganda...I am going to...go to bed :sleep:

i cant take this anymore....i need a drink. :sniper: damn 2 mins.

It's 11:57 now, but I don't think he'll post it exactly at midnight.

Varsity said:
It's IGN. Don't get your hopes up. :p

Yeah, keep in mind that IGN are the ones who managed to turn a months old Lombardi quote about TF2 into a whole article that they falsely claimed was an exclusive.

Getting tired of seeing that Sims 2 ad.. (have a pc.ign.com window maximized on my second monitor)

My clock just hit midnight, so methinks this forums clock is a bit fast.

3:01 AM, oh the anticipation :)

Quick one Dile - Now it's time to go read it.

Pre-E3 2004: Half-Life 2 Hands-On
New details, new impressions, new screens, new love.

!!!!!!
Pre-E3 2004: Half-Life 2 Hands-On
New details, new impressions, new screens, new love.

It's not Doom 3 going gold......but i suppose this is good enough ...!! arghh :)

Actually I read the 1st page first, and gone through this thread in case anyone has mentioned it.
Then I posted it.

I was about to make a thread on these new shots, as I saw them about 5 minutes ago.. was still looking at them

We've seen all these screens before I think....

Nope, never seen the one at the end before: though it's just more headcrabs.

"The game just reached alpha a few weeks ago and is content complete. Even though we only got to play for 30 minutes, it's fully playable from start to finish at this point, and Doug tells us that Valve is at the tweaking and polishing stage."

New screen:
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/512/512580/half-life-2-200405081121500-000.jpg

They played the same areas the other mags have: the 1984 intro without weapons, and the buggy ride with rollermines (though this guy took two tries of dying before he figured out what to do!)

What's that I said? Release?!? Yes, I can see your ears perking up now when I mention that word. Believe it or not, Half-Life 2 will actually come out -- and it may be sooner than you think. When I asked Doug about when we could all expect to play the final version of the most anticipated shooter of this year, he let us know that it would be, simply, "this summer." I was hoping to get a bit more out of him, like an exact date, but he did say that Valve would be a little specific at E3.

That was incredibly stupid.

"Believe it or not, Half-Life 2 will actually come out -- and it may be sooner than you think."

and then

"that it would be, simply, 'this summer.'"

To paraphrase: Half-Life 2 will actual come out and it will be sooner than you think because we were told it will be released "this summer", which we've been hearing all along.

What the hell? That was just dumb.

"The tools should be available to some modders as early as this year's E3, so we can all expect some great add-on content and full conversions soon after release."

Well, that statement about them being more specific about e3 was at least more definate than we've heard before.

"I headed down the hall and met the administrator of the city just before the first part of our hands-on time ended." :O

Great article, recapped everything I read in PCG/PCZ though.. oh well.
Highres shots are nice to have, though :) Really tired, night guys :cheers:

Back