Post pics of your rig!

Originally posted by =)PoLo(=
WineX???

read what we've been discussing before you moan. We love my PC....for games. I just like something a little more reliable when it comes to working. Another PC user who has never used a Mac or OS X but feels qualified to have an opion. I have both and given the choice I'd have OS X on the PC hardware but in the Mac case.

Originally posted by nsxownzme
cool where did you get 'em?

they're just coolermaster alu ones, you get them everywhere, even PC World does them for about £6

ALOT of people need cable management - like ty-straps, and thingys, seriously it opens up a case alot more, if u put all the cables together, and dont leave them lose and hanging everywhere
- larger clear space = better cooling

Originally posted by Washuu
ALOT of people need cable management - like ty-straps, and thingys, seriously it opens up a case alot more, if u put all the cables together, and dont leave them lose and hanging everywhere
- larger clear space = better cooling

Yeah yeah, i already said i didnt do a wire-job yet. Ill do it in a few weeks.

takes like 5 minutes TOP to put some ties around ur cables :-/

those are cool, but i have two regualr cathodes, not uv lights :(

i just totally dismanteled the X-Dreamer, and painted the inside gloss black.
took all day yesterday.

I got the HL2 applitique thing for the window, and a blue bubble light for my 5.4 aquarium. I cutting out the parts for the tank today. then throwing a rheobus in the 3.5 bay #2.

I got custom fangrills too and have the HL logo on the top. Its gonna be a silver and black w/ blue lighting themed HL2 case.

it will be done by the 30th hopefully.

Here's my little rig:
light.JPG

dark.JPG

Inside there is a Gigabyte 7VAXP, Athlon 2800, 1GB PC3200, Sapphire Radeon 9800, Globalwin TAK 68 Cooler, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS,
100GB HDD (2 Hdd's) Blue Cables & Lights.

Originally posted by Steven Q Urkle
i just totally dismanteled the X-Dreamer, and painted the inside gloss black.
took all day yesterday.

I got the HL2 applitique thing for the window, and a blue bubble light for my 5.4 aquarium. I cutting out the parts for the tank today. then throwing a rheobus in the 3.5 bay #2.

I got custom fangrills too and have the HL logo on the top. Its gonna be a silver and black w/ blue lighting themed HL2 case.

it will be done by the 30th hopefully.

that sounds lovely, if not a little sad. Good luck with that paint inside the case, sounds like a fire hazard to me (gloss paint very flammable).

KABOOM!!!

Originally posted by MacGraham
that sounds lovely, if not a little sad. Good luck with that paint inside the case, sounds like a fire hazard to me (gloss paint very flammable).

KABOOM!!!

even when its dry?

Pics - taken with a cheap webcam, high res later when i buy a flash card

The top. The bright silver thing is a blowhole with a biohazard symbol fan grill, paintjob is not done
wiptop.jpg

the paint job on inside, it was originally aluminium, you can also see the start of the split loom added
wipinside.jpg

The front of it, at botom are cut out grills and 2 fans
wipfront.jpg

The back lighting (2X 80mm blue led fans, 1X 12" cold cathode blue)
wipback.jpg

even when its dry?

[

try looking at the paint tin, does it have an orange logo with flames on it? If it does, cross your figures and pray that nothing gets too hot or sparks. Why do you think that they only spray the outer side of the case and leave the inner bare!

i acually used a can of it, and used a brush.

It says the standard kep away from flame when its wet, but no warning symbols or anything.

should be fine

i acually used a can of it, and used a brush.

It says the standard kep away from flame when its wet, but no warning symbols or anything.

should be fine

keep a damp towel nearby :)

I'm sure you'll be fine, not something i'd do though

ok i help the flame right on it, and tested sparks, with the flame for like 20 seconds it just bubbled a bit, but didnt turn to fire (used a scrap metal with dried paint on it)

its safe enough for me

ok i help the flame right on it, and tested sparks, with the flame for like 20 seconds it just bubbled a bit, but didnt turn to fire (used a scrap metal with dried paint on it)

its safe enough for me

fair enough, better to be sure. You do know that black as a colour soaks up and holds more heat than any other colour. Example, get in a dark interior car in hot weather......toasty! If I was to paint my case interior I'd do it white.

I'm not try to be picky, honest. I'm generally quite helpful to people

there's a reason

white reflects more light than black, and also reflects the heat that light carries

black, by nature being the absence of color, and the absence of color meaning none of it's getting reflected back at you, "absorbs" the light is the simplest way i can put it, and also the heat that comes with that light

so, unless your shining heat lamps into your case, black paint shouldn't raise the ambient case temp more than a degree or 2

Gotta love the 21in monitor :D

Attachments

• office-1.jpg
    office-1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 328

its safe enough for me

lol. .. good job man. wish your cam was a little more clear though

Here's my setup, got my case open for cooling until I get my Vantec Aeroflow and 2 PCI slot fans in

My case was < $20 offa newegg over 2 years ago, pretty good deal if you ask me, it's been nice

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 333
SidewinderX143, is that a stuffed animal humping your joystick?

Sure, looks ugly as hell but it's pure goodness inside ;p

AMD Athlon XP 2200+
MSI K7N2 nForce2
Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
768 DDRam

Picture

Originally posted by Froz
Sure, looks ugly as hell but it's pure goodness inside ;p

AMD Athlon XP 2200+
MSI K7N2 nForce2
Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
768 DDRam

Picture

nice wallpaper, hook me up with it?
btw, cool PDA!

Originally posted by nsxownzme
nice wallpaper, hook me up with it?
btw, cool PDA!

Heh, thanks :) I don't remember where I found that wallpaper but it was somewhere in the forums. And I don't have it on my hd :<

And iPaq's pwn :cheers:

jeez u guys really have money to throw away with ur futuristic cases and flashing lights... :) i would rather put money into makin my car look better than a computer case :p

i wanna paint the inside of my case black, anybody know what kind of spray paint i should use?

thx

Originally posted by chris_3
jeez u guys really have money to throw away with ur futuristic cases and flashing lights... :) i would rather put money into makin my car look better than a computer case :p

Let's think about this.. lights for pc vs car..? Much more expensive for a car.. hmm, how about a paint job?

Originally posted by x84D80Yx
i wanna paint the inside of my case black, anybody know what kind of spray paint i should use?

thx

i just did this. Look for 'Armor Coat Rust paint black gloss'
or any metal paint should do the job.
be weary of highly flammable paints.

Back