Post your best Sprays

How to make an image with a transparent background?

Could someone help we to produce an image with a transparent background.

I have both Paint Shop Pro 7 and Adobe Photoshop Elements and can persaude either of them to produce a suitable image with an alpha channel mask.

I can also produce a GIF with a transparent pallette entry.

But I can't for the life of me find a way to turn either of these into an image in the format required by Counterstrike (namely .JPG, .BMP, .TGA).

I lose the alpha information when I save as a .TGA and end up with a flat, opaque background colour which looks awful.

What have the people on this thread been using to get their impressive results?

heres a bad quality webcam clip of my spray. its my first spray so go easy on me :)

LOOKS ALOT BETTER IN GAME!
keep posting ya sprays people :thumbs:

this was fairly simple to put together, but I absolutely adore it. Plus, domo-kun kicks his fair share of arse.

Does anyone have a link to CS:S sprays? Not only a beginning tutorial but also one that talks about things like depth and transparency? Did I just miss the link or something? Thanks

:eek: ..........

Attachments

• gabe3.JPG
    gabe3.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 590
Sray

Just before I killed some guy named John, or was it Kill someone with John?

Attachments

• Bathroom break.jpg
    Bathroom break.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 550
all awesome, and daegon can you send me the vtf's of that stfu noob one ? its ****ing genius.

heres mine

lol couldnt find it so ....heres gman !

Attachments

• omggman.jpg
    omggman.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 505
Camon_Draconis said:
NORMAL SPRAY:
8352.jpg

UNDERWATER:
8353.jpg

HAHA!:
Untitled-177.jpg

PS: THIS GAME PWNS

the piled up glocks is a candidate for PCGAMER Snap. you could win an FX5900xt for that pic lol.

Freakin Windows system restore fubar'd my photoshop so once I fix it I'm going to tackle that shadow problem. Notice on the top right... the shadow is going straight right instead of at an angle. I certainly notice it.

Can someon PLEASE post either the "C bombsite" or the "STFU N00b Brown guy" ones in usable format? Thank YOU!

oh my god , stop plz thats going over the top , putting that ugly mofo on the walls

i didnt make the poster. Shepard Fairey is the original designer. i just thought this looked sweet.

kickass0zu.gif

It was WAY more work to save it as a gif than to make it :-/

here are a few sprays... CAUTION: Some of these sprays contain nudity of sorts... nothing "head-shakingly" bad... butt... whatever......sooo.. i don't really apologize, because you've been warned appropiately. and for further means of protecting peoples feelings from getting hurt, i'll label the sprays accordingly... good luck commrades...oh by the way... extract thE files to: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR-NAME-HERE\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\VGUI\logos

ASIAN Untitled-1 : (CONTAINS NUDITY);
ASIAN Untitled-2 : (CONTAINS NUDITY);
ASIAN Untitled-3 : (CONTAINS NUDITY);
NON NUDE - Untitled-1 : (sexy girl);
Tatto Ing : (CONTAINS NUDITY);

a screenshot would really help. i dont like downloading files from strangers on the internet without some sort of visible shot. O_O

MurderScene said:
a screenshot would really help. i dont like downloading files from strangers on the internet without some sort of visible shot. O_O

understandable... i've made suitable some jpegs of the sprays... here they is... (three posts up are the sprays)

Attachments

• ASIAN Untitled-1.jpg
    ASIAN Untitled-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 575
  • ASIAN Untitled-2.jpg
    ASIAN Untitled-2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 609
  • ASIAN Untitled-3.jpg
    ASIAN Untitled-3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 617
  • NON NUDE - Untitled-1.jpg
    NON NUDE - Untitled-1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 11,600
  • tatto ing.jpg
    tatto ing.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 568
Dead person outline : )

de_dust0004.jpg

^ lol quality and resolution reduced due to my crappy dial up : p

-NonStopableForce

Here is mine:

Attachments

• Hypnorules2.jpg
    Hypnorules2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 551
  • hypno-ingame.jpg
    hypno-ingame.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 574
I like to keep it simple and to the point.

Attachments

• your mom.jpg
    your mom.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 567
Thanks

Thanks craig for the tutorial on transparancy/dshadows.

Made about five so far [two here below]. But could not get vtex to work [tga2vtf]. I just loaded my .tga file into CS:S and it made the .vtf, etc files automatically. CS:S doesn't create such a good output .vtf as the vtex probably does though...

Now I can do the whole tutorial by memory in about ten minutes ANd get a nice image! Thanks a lot!

[Image 1] Original Art put into a frame for CS:S 'Office'.
[Image 2] Metal Gear Solid 2 [Snake/Raiden] (Yoji Shinkawa)

-Tom

Attachments

• Living Dead Girl.jpg
    Living Dead Girl.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 560
  • MGS2 Yoji Art.jpg
    MGS2 Yoji Art.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 553
Here is Terrorist Mona Lisa!

Attachments

• Monalisa-ingame.JPG
    Monalisa-ingame.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 555
Oakside yours do look pretty low quality. Vtex works, you are probably just not doing it right or reading things wrong?

Back