Post your desktop and themes!

Merged thread with the last desktop thread.

Probably would have been easier to close the other one, but whatever. I updated mine a little:

Chris_D said:
It was no trouble.

I know, but merging is such a messy affair - makes some threads make no sense where the cutoff was.

Abom said:
I know, but merging is such a messy affair - makes some threads make no sense where the cutoff was.
yeah, some, but this one has the exact same title and content :thumbs:

I decided to go back to "old classic Windows" style, but that doesn't mean you can't have a good wallpaper, no? :D

Desktop3

This is my dull desktop.
It's not much, but it's home.

Ok, new background, put my start menu on there, winamp skin and trillian skin up there.

That L in the taskbar there is a plugin for Winamp. If I want the lyrics, I click it and they pop up. I love it :)

www.geocites.com/amishslayer/

Badge :p, the first one was the coolest lol.. and Pssst.... should you be posting pics with links to the resonance ftp.. :eek:.

Lil' Timmy said:
i switch between normal windows and litestep.. here are a couple of LS themes that i use.. i'm all about the bare minimum.

note: they are 1600x1200 pix

I actually had the exact same Homestar wallpaper timmy, cept I inverted it so it wouldn't feel like staring at a lightbulb :p stuck with that one for a while

Up until recently I alternated between the matrix wallpaper I posted a while back and elegant simplistic designs. Lately, I've been collecting hi-res pictures of beautiful women (about 60% are celebrities while the rest are a random mix of Japanese, Italian, Spanish, French, Nordic, Brazilian, and German women... each of which I find attractive for various reasons) and using them as wallpapers. None of them are nudes (I would be using them as wallpapers if they did not offend some of the people around me). None of them are sexually explicit. They all merely celebrate the natural beauty of the female body, with a focus primarily on the face.

I have attatched a screenshot of my current desktop (resized down to 1280x960). Notice the two numbers that are highlighted. All of those blurred icons (I don't want you guys analyzing my taste in women as that is off the topic) are 1600x1200 wallpapers (5.49MB in BMP format) of beautiful women.

If the title of the image didn't give it away, the graceful (Kate Beckinsale once said of her "She gets up out of a chair and you want to applaud.") woman in that specific picture is Uma Thurman.

NOTE 1: The icons and their text look large because I'm using the IconX portion of DesktopX (at the moment I have no use for the rest of the features) with labels set to Tahoma/12pt/bold with shadows of 5 sharpness and 0 height (to form a dark outline around the text, making it easily visible on all colors... which helps with photographic wallpapers). The current WindowBlinds skin is "Mac OS X Panther" by "Xero" because Panther's windows are simplistic, yet not bland.

NOTE 2: I just noticed that I forgot to remove the Lineage II icon from my desktop after the free trial ended.

wallpaper2.jpg

)[eVo]( Para said:
Nice pic. But why the hell do you have 3 connection status thingies as well both Nvidia and ATI toolbars?!

1 Connection is my ADSL, 1 Connection is the network card I haven't bothered to take out yet, the other connection is my network connection from the motherboard. Also, the ATI is for my graphics card, while the nVidia icon you see is for the motherboard because it is an nForce.

Ah makes sense now hehe.

Btw nice wallpaper Jammy. I see your clan is dedicated to the fight against commie nazis of the nineteen forties :E

Pressure said:
This is weird... I have an FFXI manual on the left side of my desk and my computer is also named Steve! Could you be... my long lost brother?

Jerrichkvich!?!!!?

Back