Post Your Desktops the "Willie will give you bananas if you do eet" Edition

28vdd74.jpg

Birthday post edition (21 Today).

Needed another wallpaper with green in it. Easy enough I thought.

Desktop-May.jpg

It would appear that you are using a 16:9 wallpaper stretched on a 16:10 display.

For shame.

Also I thought you were older than me.

Vegeta maybe you should muster up a team of e-investigators, each one fulfilling a stereotype or specific niche that appeals to a mass market and go on a series of adventures where you meet in someone's basement, and point out minor mistakes in people's displays, graphics, etc.

It would appear that you are using a 16:9 wallpaper stretched on a 16:10 display.

Hey I spent a total of 10 seconds doing a automatical conversion with restore aspect ratio on. Good enough and that was before I was drunk. Now I am which changes everything.

If I was doing this properly on not spare of the moment then I'd do it properly :D Or maybe I'm going to buy a 24" 16:9 today who knows eh? There is method to my craziness. Personally I think it look crap too but as I said needed something green.

Anyway off to see my older sister and then to a foot eating party thing.

11:56PM edit

See now all I can picture is

20090120.png

Friend of mines girlfriend mentioned Steel Angel Kurumi earlier to which all I could do was laugh.

20100526002234capture.jpg

this link is for you hardcore dudes.

Seriously, it's one of the best desktop customisation apps I've ever seen.

I use a different program but it essentially has helped to tell me how hot shit is running. If shit seems abnormal and I'm idling, it means some shit I closed didn't terminate. Also helps determine a good fan speed since my POS gets hot easily left unchecked.

Well that's why you set up and tweak your fan settings ahead of time. You shouldn't need to constantly monitor them forever if you already tested them. Also lol at 'maybe something didn't terminate', really? If something was still running and it was making your pc run slow, you'd notice. And if you don't notice, then it apparently isn't a big deal because it isn't affecting you.

So yeah, I still don't see how it's worth it.

Good fan speed = as high as it will go as long as it doesn't annoy you. Determining which processes need to be manually terminated = you should reinstall windows, mang, or start troubleshooting your hardware.

Good fan speed = as high as it will go as long as it doesn't annoy you. Determining which processes need to be manually terminated = you should reinstall windows, mang, or start troubleshooting your hardware.

Is there any good application out there that can max out my fan speed?

Yeah, it's called "BIOS" :p

You don't really need to be maxing your fan speed, it only needs to go fast enough to keep your hardware cool. Generally, if you turn your computer on, it turns on, and you can play TF2 for five minutes, your fan is going as fast as it needs to. If you're overclocking, then it's a different story, but it usually still ends with BIOS.

I never understood the point of this. How is this useful, really?

Makes me feel like a cool hardware engineer. And lets me know at a glance if something I didn't notice is eating up my CPU. Or how many Crysises I can run at once.

I'll agree, it is pretty cool aesthetically.

20100526002943capture.jpg
Full version of this plox?

Well that's why you set up and tweak your fan settings ahead of time. You shouldn't need to constantly monitor them forever if you already tested them. Also lol at 'maybe something didn't terminate', really? If something was still running and it was making your pc run slow, you'd notice. And if you don't notice, then it apparently isn't a big deal because it isn't affecting you.

So yeah, I still don't see how it's worth it.
I have Rivatuner setup for my g-card but I don't think there is anything to control cpu fans than speedfan - which I'm not sure is programmable for threshold temperature activation. As for the termination thing, it's usually not very noticeable because...well even with my seemingly dated pc, common activities don't require many resources. But seeing the temp rise or the % usage, lets me unleash my wrath "Bitch don't want to close? TERMINATION IMMEDIATE." It's good to have more clues than just a system slowdown, there is also satisfaction to stopping things that don't need to be.

Well then, name of it?

Edit: Duh, nevermind.

Duh indeed. Currently waiting on COMIC Tenma 07-2010 for the last of Imako (I hope anyway). If you are after Ino just google the name and click the first (or second depending) hongfire hit for a bunch of ddl links.

Duh indeed. Currently waiting on COMIC Tenma 07-2010 for the last of Imako. If you are after Ino just google the name and click the first (or second depending) hongfire hit for a bunch of ddl links.

I searched through all 97 pages in the 200 block, several times. I can not find one that looks like that tiny thumb. Argh, this is frustrating! Now I'm obsessed.

Edit: Oh shit, I think I got it. Page 243.

LOL, OK. Why? Or is it that just about anything I post is funny with this avatar? :LOL:

It makes you look cool at LANs. Or at least I think it does. Old desk pic for reference.

*snip*

Is it just me or is that Linux?

EDIT: God, I'm such a ****ing idiot. It was in the corner.

But nice desktop, by the way. I should try dual-booting linux.

95396339.jpg

I was gonna mark all my free time with "Relax" and wound up with only one cell.

I can already tell there's a sex scene in Shoot the Bullet.

boxchild.png

Possible Backgrounds slideshow in bottom right.

I had a weather widget, but I didn't really want everyone to know where I live... Hehe... :l

Back