Post your ragdoll pics !! (56K warning)

Are there bullet hole decals on the players themselves???

Also, when someone dies, can you keep shooting their body?

Thanks.

de_dust0091.jpg

I think thats how you do tags...
this picture by Pauly!

Man, VALVe did an excellent job with the ragdoll. That last one looks so real. No abnormal bendings or anything that I can see. Nice shots Pauly.

yeah they got better bones in em than most ragdolls of the past. although i did see some awkward reverse spine curving but they didnt aht that way. like the spine as extra tension so they dont fold backwards.

Those doom 3 pix are awesome beyond belief. Thank you so much! I will recreate those... Why are there no girls in doom 3? Once hl2 comes out it will be sickening.

Nice pics but you guys need to boost up your setings or get a new video card, your pics don;t show what cs source really looksl ike at max everything

its kinda weird how it seems most of the weight is in the front of the body. i stood on the edge of the little catwalk over underpass, had my friend shoot me with the awp, and instead of falling back first, i fell face first. kinda awkward.

bam23 said:
its kinda weird how it seems most of the weight is in the front of the body. i stood on the edge of the little catwalk over underpass, had my friend shoot me with the awp, and instead of falling back first, i fell face first. kinda awkward.

that and the ragdolls become almost rigid in the air... they keep the same pose until they hit something (looks really silly)

momentum isnt carried into ragdoll deaths as much as some people made it out to be.. most of the time they simply slump down onto the ground, regardless of momentum.

it isnt bad, not at all, it looks great.... just its hard to get the ragdolls to do anything but kinda slump around.

The ragdolling is excellent... especially with the pump shotty ;-)

By the way, momentum is carried into the ragdolling, a number of times I would shoot someone in the leg and they would continue to move in the direction they were going, but their legs were tripped from under them... excellent. :)

Also just the way you see someone running away from them and you fire a burst of ak rounds into their ass and they go down hilariously onto their face... Just like reality ^^ except of course reality wouldn't be funny :|

I think the reason it's not so noticeable sometimes is that they are often running towards you, and you are shooting them backwards. Clearly the net force is not going to be too great in any one direction. Also the fact that shooting people in CS slows them down probably means that by the time they die their velocity has been brought right down by the code, regardless of how fast they die.

My 10 pence worth ;)

Oh my God. These look so beautiful. I need to get my ass to a cyber cafe with CS:S on it. Now.

hehe thats a NICE screen ! switch of hud and make a wallpaper !
edit: hope u recorded it..

Very nice :) Look at the left, on the platfrom over the barrel, do you see the bloodspray? :S Looks kinda, wierdish

This thread is GREAT.

I love the one where the guy is nearly folded in half

4.jpg

excuse the crappyness of the quality, unlike my previous posted pics this one has AA and AF off, I was mucking about with vid options.... but this was a great shot, popped him in the head and he stumled back off the box into that gap and sat there ;)

one time i was rushing tunnels from t side and ran into a few fast rushers from ct and i tried to run backwards shootiting them and i was killed, the amazing thing was my body was sitting striaght up on the steps infron on t side tunnel, no support form any wall, my head was slunched over and arms hanging down to the next step, it was the most amazing and realistic display of ragdoll i have ever seen.

another fun/cool part was when the nade bug was still in, the whole ct team i was on decided to commit susicide with nades at 3:30. our bodies flew everywhere and i was again awed and laughing. i dont have any pics just sharing cool moments.

One time I was spectating a CT, he went under the tunnel and this T just dropped from above right near the side. It was hilarious. I was like, "Where the hell did he come from?" :LOL:

how come i have a 9600xt p4 2.5ghz 768 mb ram

and i get only 15 fps? with all settings medium and no aa or wat ever its called on 1024?

any ideas on improving fps?

wabamak said:
how come i have a 9600xt p4 2.5ghz 768 mb ram

and i get only 15 fps? with all settings medium and no aa or wat ever its called on 1024?

any ideas on improving fps?

you are either using a cracked version (and it contained something nasty thats devouring your pc)

or you have damaged hardware

there is no way in hell that you should be experiencing that framerate.

well unless your running a p4 2.5g celeron, and 768mb of cheap SDRAM
and even then I dont think you would.

have you tried checking your 3d options of your vid card, to make sure you have AA and AF disabled (then again it wouldnt be on unless you turned it on)

THOSE are awesome pics ;)

The blood looks really really cool! Hehe the boxes aren't shadowed in that pic :( Silly shadow bugs :p

Keep 'em coming! I need something to satisfy me until the 18th!

Falling head first.

csfall.jpg

And rag doll pictures I took from America's Army.

armysex.jpg

armyweird.jpg

As I said before, this thread is great. Lets get some glue on here!

These are 5 of my best ones .I thought they were pretty funny hehe :LOL:

Attachments

• Chillin.jpg
    Chillin.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 675
  • died.JPG
    died.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 636
  • ouch 1.jpg
    ouch 1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 642
  • WTF.JPG
    WTF.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 662
  • WTF 1.jpg
    WTF 1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 641
wouldn't it be cool if the manipulator was usable - shoot an enemy dead then pick him up and blast him into his buddies to kill them 2.

jonnyapps said:
wouldn't it be cool if the manipulator was usable - shoot an enemy dead then pick him up and blast him into his buddies to kill them 2.

or even better yet pose em in gay positions and take screenshots.

Back