POTC 4: On Stranger Tides

I must express my distaste for the amount of Knightley bashing going on here. She was frequently burdened by terrible lines, and I will personally testify she is much better in more intelligently written films.

...the fact that I think she is one of the most beautiful actresses in Hollywood does not affect my opinion of her skills as a thespian in any way...

00030799.jpg

The Black Pearl has arrived in Hawaii for shooting!
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00030799.html

Don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit!

:)

I really hope they can make this ine good like the first. Hell I even really enjoyed the second!

Do Want...it looks amazing and it made me chuckle

That looks even less interesting than the last one.

Goddamn, that was like the premiere generic family adventure movie trailer, on an unnatural loop for two minutes. These movies are essentially "Watch Jack Sparrow and be amused", and there is just nothing left to find amusing at this point.

Sadly, this looks like crap. The original witty character Jack Sparrow was now appears to be dead.

& Penelope Cruz? Ewwww.

Not interested at all. Then again, is there anything even remotely decent on the horizon?

I can see this having potential to being good. The story is already written, and has been well received. All they're doing is tweaking it to fit Sparrow in it. Depp is a great actor, so I have no fears about his contribution, and Bloom and Knightly, the worst parts of the series are gone. The only major problem I see is the director, and just the fact that hes out of his element here doesn't mean hes going to blow it.

But the fact that Penelope Cruz is in it dashes all hope.

Looks good, no more icky Orlando/Knightly drama, just good old pirate fun.

I get the feeling the first half will be great fun the it'll wane a tad.

It also looks less fantasy, sure mermaids and zombies, but it's hard to top the crew of the flying dutchman in 2 and 3.

Not sure if that'll be good.

Anyway, subdued excitment. Like i said a while ago 4th films in a series, how often are they a worthy followup?

Oh, screw you guys. I will personally stay excited for the film regardless of the news, enjoy watching it regardless of the quality, and look back on it fondly years later when nostalgia sets in. Considering even this is infinitely more charming than the majority of films right now, I owe that to myself,at least.

Back