preload at 6pm gabe newell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now see why he posts at HL2fallout... the users are so tame :p

hi am in canada, albeta, and I don't know what time it is for valve.
anyone can help me??

no, little over 2 and a half hours. around dinner time for west coasters

Anyone wanna wager on how long this thread is gonna be? I say 40 pages.

I believe gabe does things in terms of spreading the love. For a while this site was his info site. than he did some stuff at the site that shall not be named. Than he went to hl2fallout. It's called giving the community as a whole some love. Spreading it around and whatnot.

I could care less when the preload is scheduled to begin. What's important to me is when it's scheduled to end.

That doesn't make sense. The preload isn't going to "end". It is just transferring some files to prepare for release.

There could be future preloads, but that would be different.

They really have to be getting close to this thing going gold. I think they've just been waiting to preload it until they're ready to make a gold announcement within a week. I mean, why start preloading it if it isn't close to gold?

CoreyGH said:
I could care less when the preload is scheduled to begin. What's important to me is when it's scheduled to end.

True but, in this world you gotta take what u get, and for many this is a sign of being that major step closer to a gold date, i wonder how much info will leak from the files though.. after that little spoiler fallout (cough) im a little edgy.

thats 1am GMT btw....

edit: i have the same fear as lobster, who knows what little tidbits theyre going to stash away in this preload :O

hes just kidding he means tonight 2 years from now, just a wise word from me, dont get your hopes up, 3....2.....1.... and flame now

hl2 will go gold one day...then another day ppl will play it

To all who've been bitching about missed dates:

This is an example of a solid, announced date.

I HIGHLY doubt they'll miss it.

DarkStar said:
They really have to be getting close to this thing going gold. I think they've just been waiting to preload it until they're ready to make a gold announcement within a week. I mean, why start preloading it if it isn't close to gold?

so they can get a year headstart

Dr0ndeh said:
thats 1am GMT btw....

edit: i have the same fear as lobster, who knows what little tidbits theyre going to stash away in this preload :O

PST = GMT -8

6pm PST = 2am GMT and 9pm EST

GorgeousOrifice said:

haha. how is this different from when they said they would preload it the other two times?

GorgeousOrifice said:

OMG if they miss this one.....seriously I think people's brains would collectively start falling out. Certain people on this forum might spontaneously combust with anger. Not me of course. Because I'm always calm and collected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back