preload at 6pm gabe newell

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are in a room watching this thread. All of them, from Gabe all the way down to the cleaning crew. And laughing their asses off.

poseyjmac said:
yes but space programs are a bit better when it comes to planning.
*VALVe Space launch:*

"T-10....9.....8.....7.....6......5.......4.......3......2.....Ooops, sorry, it'll be about an hour, we missed something"

:p

The only thing that bothers me is they told us the preload was ready last week, and that the only reason it was delayed was to make way for a CS:S update. Now it seems it wasn't ready after all ^^

your dumb cen shut up n take that sausage outta ur mouth when u talk .

i believe they are just most likely making sure their servers can handle the stress is all. Which is why you have the bandwith spiking

I think this preload is going to be worse than Nimda. Internet, prepare to die.

BTW, if any of you are buying it retail, we steam purchasers kindly ask that you not suck up the bandwidth just to download HL2 content for the novelty of it. Thank you.

Dos is a overload of info packets over stressing the server which usually resaults n crashing the server

They pushed the time of the pre-load to 7...that's DELAY..just because it's only an hour doesn't mean it isn't a delay. They should have said tomorrow and put it out tonight.

A denial of service attack, I believe an attacker floods the servers with junk traffic and garbage data, meaning they can't provide the important data (such as preloads ;) ) as fast. That's generally the idea anyway.

Could this mean that this is not a preload but preparation for release tomorrow?

Yoda1979 said:
Could this mean that this is not a preload but preparation for release tomorrow?
They can't release it until it is available to retail stores :(

WHO said there was a DOS attack >?< proof...PROOF ....WHERE .

a DOS attack is when hackers send lotsa packets at a server (i think it pretty much simulates thousands of people opening up steam or logging on (or opening a web page) simultaneously... which will bring the server to its knees, or slow it down considerably

Who said stores werent told to keep their mouths shut until valve gives the word?

I think because they said that stuff about owning the fraudlent people trying to acess cz css using cc exploit n cd key exploit ppl prob got angry n retaliated at the time they were gonna do the pre load .. but i could b wrong

They can't release it until it is available to retail stores

Hahaha imagine if it was already in all the stores waiting to be unboxed.

Sure a massive amount of employees would have reported this already, but I can dream damnit!

i just hope gabe doesn't make an announcement that starts with the words 'well this sucks'

Who said stores werent told to keep their mouths shut until valve gives the word?

You think the 17 year old workers at Best Buy give a damn what their bosses say.

wonkers said:
You went to the office on sept 30 HAHAHAHA...and he pawned you.

Never said I went to the office on the 30th...just that I went there around the same time as now last year. Late Aug/Early Sep. May have been mid September. And yes, he did pawn me. I gave the forums quite a buzz and in turn gave Valve free publicity.

who The Hell Said That Valve Was Attacked By A Dos Attack???

Wonkers give it up with the DOS attack, maybe you did it your acting pretty suspicious

This topic is waking up a lot of trolls... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back