Pro Shephards!

Shephard is like Gordon's supreme rival, both characters are ultimate survivors who never talk and wear some sort of futuristic armor. Both characters have to go through hell at black mesa and somehow end up in one of the gman's freaky speeches. A shephard expansion for hl2 as another pov would work best.

special-ed said:
Shephard is like Gordon's supreme rival, both characters are ultimate survivors who never talk and wear some sort of futuristic armor. Both characters have to go through hell at black mesa and somehow end up in one of the gman's freaky speeches. A shephard expansion for hl2 as another pov would work best.

Shepard was marine uniform, not futuristic armour. And Gordons suit isnt meant for combat :p

If it's not meant for combat, why does it have a weapon selection and ammo monitoring system? :p

Shephard's vest is the same thing, only it doesn't protect his arms and legs. If Shephard gets shot in the arm, he shrugs it off because he's so badass.

Fun fact: Aidrian Shephard wrote and co-produced the hit movie "Babe".

Samon said:
Shepard was marine uniform, not futuristic armour. And Gordons suit isnt meant for combat :p
this shows how resourceful he is.
and Shepard just uses what is issued and steals the tech from the HEV

Gordon's suit was designed for combat due to the harsh conditions in xen faced by scientist exploration teams.. and if it were not Gordon would be on the ground dead in one shot. Shephard's suit was a powered combat vest, not a normal bullet proof vest, if that's not futuristic I don't know what is..

HEV I to III: Designed for hazardous experiments.
HEV IV(HL1): Designed for hazardous Xen conditons and combat of Xen life-forms (Gordon even got weapons training!)
PCV (OP4): Based on HEV but designed for combat
HEV V: More of a PCV than a HEV, designed for combat and even gives better protection than even the PCV.

Mechagodzilla said:
Shows how very bad-ass Shephard really is. I mean, not everyone can fight off an alien invasion AND find time to write/produce a movie about a pig-turned-sheepdog.

-Angry Lawyer

Mechagodzilla said:
If it's not meant for combat, why does it have a weapon selection and ammo monitoring system? :p

Shephard's vest is the same thing, only it doesn't protect his arms and legs. If Shephard gets shot in the arm, he shrugs it off because he's so badass.

*SHUSH*

Dont let the pro shepards hear of this !!

:p

kupoartist said:
And the Sheep overlords will all carry Shepherd's crooks and command massive biomechanical sheepdogs to herd the oppressed wooly masses though the gates of Pasture 17! And into this bleak arena steps Gordon Freeman and his Sheep-Pig sidekick Babe, who disguises himself as a Sheep-Dog.
Mechagodzilla said:
The conspiracy thickens!

kupoartist said:
The conspiracy thickens!
Whao, that's weird. I didn't even read that crazy rant! :O

Fun fact: Aidrian Shephard was the originator of both POGs and those candy-filled toy cellphones.

Yeah, Gordon can only manage small nuts! Even with the HEV's special legume-propelling air-powered cylinder!

But now alyx...she looks like she could fit a few......

edit:this is not an edit.....just a bad joke!

Okay, got my Shepard Sig up, all you haters can go jump off a cliff.

Pro-Shephard here.

I see no reason why he doesn't fit into the story line. The only thing I disregard from Op4 is the Race-X, which I write off as a race drawn to Earth in the Cascade, but plays no role other then cannon fodder.

The Black Ops, the nuking of Black Mesa, and detainment of Shephard; I regard those as facts.

Race-x is simply a small 3rd party that doesn't mean really anything to the overarching plot of half-life.. they just try to take blackmesa and fail horribly, so they retreat and go about their own business on xen or whatever dimension they live.

Ah there we go.. and ofcourse they're facts, Marc Laidlaw stated himself, why would valve advertise something they never agreed on and let gearbox make a game off of their scripts?

ok, wtf is up with the last name mispellings, what is it, Shepard or Shephard??? either way he rocks :thumbs:

edit: I just google'd it, it even came up with Shepherd :rolling:

What is good or evil is in the eye of the beholder.

And Milkman, yes that was to you.

Agent G-Man said:

And that is what makes his return difficult to do. Do you provide him with a storyline that would see him go back to his desire to hunting Gordan and the others, or does his character evolve into one of the restorers of humanity? Or will his story be unconnected to the events of City 17 entirely?

It's too difficult to figure out what would happen if Shephard was to return. His story is at a dead end.

EDIT: Well, maybe not a dead end, but a crossroads.

A True Canadian said:
And that is what makes his return difficult to do. Do you provide him with a storyline that would see him go back to his desire to hunting Gordan and the others, or does his character evolve into one of the restorers of humanity? Or will his story be unconnected to the events of City 17 entirely?

that is one of the more intriguing parts about Adrian and probably why gamers want his return.
u could say he almost has the same mysteriousness which the G-man carries although G-man is a more central character so obviously what or who the G-man is happens to be a bit more interesting.

If Shephard was evil (if the player killed all the scientists and whatnot) It would be because of his orders.

I can't really imagine that he'd continue his anti-scientist mission once the US government is destroyed.

hell, i played through op4, and assuming i never played the original halflfe i would have never thought there were ever any orders to mow down the civvies. Being grateful to the scientists for saving my ass, i did not waste them.

The idea i got from playing op4 was that Gordon Freeman is some sort mysterious figure that is always one step ahead of you and somehow involved with this disaster... You don't really have much reason to feel hatred towards him cause as i recall you never really hear that he's been killing your fellow marines. You just hear everyone mention that they are looking for him

Mechagodzilla said:
I can't really imagine that he'd continue his anti-scientist mission once the US government is destroyed.

I guess it would only be for revenge.

The scientists were afterall, responsible for everything that happened to him since he entered Black Mesa. I imagine he won't be too happy once he realizes that everyone he cares about is pretty much dead, thanks to the Combine. He would then logically take out his frustration on people like Freeman and Kliener.

But it could even go the other way, with Shephard feeling that this is all his fault for not succeeding in his mission, and therefore ally with his enemies from Black Mesa.

There's just too many options.

Meh. I don't mind him that much... but at least he had a diary.

If Shephard does return he should have his own "evil" set of characters, like an evil version of dr. Kleiner owning a black headcrab.

Agent G-Man said:

And Milkman, yes that was to you.

You must be colorblind, because I only have Green and Black in my sig...

Mattigus said:
Is that thing supposed to be a penis? I can't say my penis looks like that, with the testes on top of each other.

well if your an adrian hater then your balls are twisted by the dark side? or was it the combine that did you in?

either or, the people of shephard have overall better :monkee: sex. (i like monkey sex, well most of us)

so i say to thee; CONVERT! BECOME A SHEPARDIST! and hope with the rest of us; for one day, Adrian Shephard shall shall walk the planet once more.
again!
and THE COLOR FOR PRO ADRIANS IS GREEN SO SIGN UP TODAY!!

RAAAGGHHH!!!!

:cheers: PRO ADRIAN SHEPHARD FOR LIFE! :cheers:

Back