Proof people have it already

Probably. the nordic distributor haven't send them out yet, but they do have them.

i dont really care...its coming out on the 16th FINAL end of story

Yeah right... 2 users with 1 post at that forum....

hl2installing.jpg

FFS, they may have it already, but they cant play it. Is this concept so hard for your tiny brains to understand?

would be great if it wasn't that the retail boxes is G-Man, Gordon and Alyx.. Not citizens :p

I called EB Games in Framingham MA, after some other guy posted the number in a HL Fallout thread.

They appear to be selling it today.

Not surprising. What would be surprising is if they were also able to actually start playing.

Also why is that guy using the default windows XP background? :x

fine, they have it, one could actually expect it as on the whole surface of the earth there HAS GOT to be someone stealing it/having it passed out from a store. but can he play it ?

no

Kelzoth said:
FFS, they may have it already, but they cant play it. Is this concept so hard for your tiny brains to understand?

Duh.

Im just showing an image that proves people have the retial copies already.

and illegal how is it not proof? you think some one photoshoped it?

:LOL: no one is that good.

Duh.

I can go and get the game now, if i wanted. But there is no point in it, as i already have it over steam. So what if they've purchased it? I think anyone with a brain would know that it's bound to happen..

Robert said:
would be great if it wasn't that the retail boxes is G-Man, Gordon and Alyx.. Not citizens :p

As you can see in the image, the box is opened up, thats on the inside your seeing.

Interesting...

Funny that no one that has it can play yet. I mean, technically, I've had the game for a while now as well... but I don't get to play unless it's unlocked.

what happend to valve saying that if any one broke the street date they would unlock the steam peoples games?

shapeshifter said:
what happend to valve saying that if any one broke the street date they would unlock the steam peoples games?

i happen to have NEVER seen any official post/statement about that.

shapeshifter said:

Fact: Doug Lombardi said that if the date was broken they would unlock it early.

Haha, me points and laughs at those who have to mess around with 6 cd's! :D

Please insert disc 2
Please insert disc 3
Please insert disc 4
Please insert disc 5
Please insert disc 6
Please insert disc 1

Beazil said:
Fact: Doug Lombardi said that if the date was broken they would unlock it early.

where??? All i've seen is a little added comment at shacknews.

EDIT: Where's is that guys 6th cd? lol

On the steam forums they just nuked a thread like this. Pisses me off.

Edit: As for Doug's statement, it has been posted all over the internet and all over this site for weeks. Do a search. I am not going on an easter egg hunt to prove something that has been stated by a Valve employee. (Sorry for the hostility, I'm just sick of people saying "uh, he never said that", when I've seen it a hundred times.

shapeshifter said:
I think they mean if most major retailers just decided to go along and release it early. Not a few small stores or individual employees selling them early. They probably meant a massive early release.

How is this proof? Anyone can fake something like that. Hell similar things have been done months ago.

OMG SO UNFAIR THIS IS RIDICULOUS MY LIFE IS INCOMPLETE BECAUSE SOMEONE GOT THE GAME BEFORE ME OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!1 [/sarcasm]

DiSTuRbEd said:
Steam is a program, not a living being.

Or is it? It very well may have access to all of our nuclear stockpiles... what if the countdown to HL2 is actually the countdown to doomsday?! AHHHH!

/end

I'm posting the pic in the steam forums, hopefully we'll get it sooner.

The Mullinator said:
I think they mean if most major retailers just decided to go along and release it early. Not a few small stores or individual employees selling them early. They probably meant a massive early release.

this is from a major game store.

Back