Proof people have it already

Gamespot or somebody are the people who said the infamous "if the retail gets leaked then steam will unlock all HL2 keys"

some think its fake (mainly retail people who dont want to have to wait while steam people are playing) i happen to think its true otherwise why would they have said it?

i mean if its not true why would valve let them post it and get our hopes up.....

From the other thread:

2nd photo

Someone asked that guy to lay all the CDs on the keyboard and such. He also turned over the advertising inserts and shows the back of the box.

If you compare the keyboards, they're the same, and the thing on the monitor is a reply box on a forum.

Hey the idiot gave away the location he bought hl2 from, what an ass, hello fine from VALVe and VUG.

Lanthanide said:
From the other thread:

2nd photo

Someone asked that guy to lay all the CDs on the keyboard and such. He also turned over the advertising inserts and shows the back of the box.

If you compare the keyboards, they're the same, and the thing on the monitor is a reply box on a forum.

That was me! god NO ONE HERE READS.

GOD.

Lanthanide said:
From the other thread:

2nd photo

No one can photoshop that fast, it has to be real.

I can't be the only one sitting with steam open staring at the hl2 icon waiting for something to happen can I?

Sorry but it doesn't actually matter who asked him to do it, unless you are really caught up about getting your 15 minutes of fame for being "the guy who asked him to post another photo"?

nagual678 said:
on a completely unrelated topic, your fallout avatar is teh secks.
actually...if i'm right, that's from Duck and Cover, not fallout. what's the word, shapeshifter?

Lanthanide said:
Sorry but it doesn't actually matter who asked him to do it, unless you are really caught up about getting your 15 minutes of fame for being "the guy who asked him to post another photo"?

No, im frustrated over these fourms becuase no one reads, they only see what they want to see.

This is why we get 60 thousand of the same topic, along with people posting screenshots and links that have already been posted.

Your just another example of the people here that skim topics and see what they want, instead of reading and refraing from regurgatating up whats already been done.

trevjim said:
in this pic. http://img110.exs.cx/img110/6610/hl2installing.jpg

weres his task bar, also the actuall game case looks like its been edited on as the shadows look wrong, also a white stripe on the left side of the case??

His taskbar is on auto hide... just like my dads.

There are no shadows on the case, only a slight darkening towards the bottom right.

the white stripe is paper.

Several people have posted similar pictures plus my Rome total war CD case is like that and the shadows are the same as well as the white edges.

Guys.. it's gonna get released early.. there is solid proof here, and i'm sure the hl2 dev team wouldn't lie.

Actually there are 2 threads talking about this issue, this was posted in the other thread, but since this thread is longer (and has a better title) I thought I would post it in here to avoid confusion between some people who say "there's a second photo" and other people say "where".

I guess the next round of proof will be when other people start to post photos or it turns up in warez channels.

Kelzoth said:
Guys.. it's gonna get released early.. there is solid proof here, and i'm sure the hl2 dev team wouldn't lie.
No, it's not like they've ever lied before (September 30th anyone? Stress test? SDK? etc etc).

Well.. maybe they would, but still.. hl2 is ready, 4 days doesnt make a difference to them.

Boys we are for a long one.

Anyway, I'm not exited, I'll be getting hl2 in 2 weeks, and I can still wait.

I just got off the phone with Electronics Boutique and they said they didnt have it but he did check through some box's for it, He also said its against the law to release this game before the 16th and that he wanted to know what stores have released it before because there is a 1-800 phone # to report stores that have released it early.

Kelzoth said:
Well.. maybe they would, but still.. hl2 is ready, 4 days doesnt make a difference to them.

Yes it does, my god, the publisher picked a date, they want it to be that date, if VALVe breaks the date by 4 days, they will get sued, again.

He won't play it until the 16th. No one will.

I think that should kill this thread pretty quickly......but we all know the chances of that happening.

Kelzoth said:

we can safely say that it has been sold/leaked earlier than expected. but that's useless since it can't be played it. that's all.

i've still got to see a link to an official post/statement saying that HL2 will be unlocked if it gets sold earlier

all these false alarms are gonna make the last five days stretch out i'm afraid..

I havnt seen valve say they will bring forward the activation date if retailers move out early, I have seen one quote on shacknews, which every other site copied.. The last time i checked shacknews wasnt valve or vivendi, im not saying its not true, but it seems a little strange that one site decides to ammend the press release, and everyone takes it as an official statement.

Of course the games gonna hit people early, its the nature of retail stores, they get there stock early and it leaks, so what?

Valve won't break the date because just some guy got it early.

False alarms? Read up on the steam forums..

EB and GAME are selling them already, out of excitement. I'm gonna pop down to my local game store 2morrow, and i bet i'll see a load of hl2 copies on sale. The staff that work there are so excited about it, they decided to sell it early.

Silver - not like there's anything else to talk about. If you don't want to read the thread, then don't click the link, it's that simple.

Bastion - I don't think it's "against the law" to break an embargo on a product. However you do put yourself at the risk of being sued/fined by the publisher, or any other punishments, as were stated in the embargo agreement.

However I think the embargo agreements are generally more of a threat than an actual intent to follow up - VUG could lose a lot of money if they tried to sue EB games which in turn decided not to sell any more VUG games (although they'd probably have to in order to make a profit). So it's a bit of a stalemate, really.

what i meant by false alarms was the idea of PLAYING it before the 16th.. still, it's good news to get one's hand on the game!

Can yu imagine if you're just some average Joe hwo happens to see HL2 on store shelve with no knowlegde of the actual release date, bought it, installed it, and it just said "coming soon"? Man, that would piss me off.

iamaelephant said:
Can yu imagine if you're just some average Joe hwo happens to see HL2 on store shelve with no knowlegde of the actual release date, bought it, installed it, and it just said "coming soon"? Man, that would piss me off.

Was thinking the exact same thing. Man how long do you think the car trip back to the store to return it would take...2 minutes?

Who cares, really. I bet Valve won't do anything about it.

It's fun tho. I'm going down tomorrow ;)

Back