Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wind Talkers

8/10
too sad

Saving Private Ryan
10/10
almost docked a point for it being sad aswell

We Were Soldiers
10/10
Thanks for bringing home the reality

Saints and Soldiers
9/10
Scary little girl alerts are there, meaning less frights

Windtalkers 1/10 - Nicholas Cage is ****ing invincible in it, and it was so damn unrealistic and ridiculous that I took it out of my DVD player and brought it back.

We Were Soldiers 6/10 - It was an average 'Nam movie, didn't show the true brutality of the war though... Apocalypse Now, Platoon, and Hamburger Hill are some of the best 'Nam flicks if that's your cup of tea.

Saw 2 - 3/10

Sucked big time. Shitty acting, directing, cliched storyline and just all-round crap. The ending was predictable too as soon as the a certain character turned up in a certain position.

The Thing 8/10
Awesome film. Only thing that still irks me about it is the anti-climax. No big fight with the hideous superthing, just an explosion and Kurt Russell running the heck away like Ben from Full Throttle. Sure it would've been cliched, but it wouldn't have ruined the movie either.

American Beauty - 10/10
Awesome. My favourite film.

Notting Hill 6.5/10

i actually enjoyed it despite points of mindnumbing awkwardness

Kingdom of Heaven 8/10
a bit cliched, but good action

Batman begins 10/10
Best batman movie i've seen

The Manchurian Candidate - 8/10.

A decent movie which reminded me a little of ...

Jacob's Ladder - 10/10

Which I watched straight after, and is in my top 5 mvoies of all time - along with ...

Shawshank Redemption - 10/10

Which also stars Tim Robins, making him the only actor to appear twice in my top 5 :)

Kaufman FTW.

Windtalkers 8/10? Ha.

In America 9.2/10. Brilliant performances from all.

the_rebel_medic said:
Wind Talkers

8/10
too sad

Saving Private Ryan
10/10

We Were Soldiers
10/10

Saints and Soldiers
9/10
You're a terrible reviewer. Please stop.

Schindler's List 0/10
TOO SAD OMG!

anyways...

Sahara 3/10
Couldn't even finish watching. Awful. 'splosions are cool, though.

Glo-Boy said:
Just a point below the greats like the Godfather? Interesting.

1) That's an opinion
2) On a scale of 10, the range between 9/10 and 10/10 is pretty big.

the_rebel_medic said:
Wind Talkers

8/10
too sad

Saving Private Ryan
10/10

We Were Soldiers
10/10

Saints and Soldiers
9/10

Windtalkers gets a 4/10 for me, and that's just for the action. It had a vague plot (wtf happened with the girl?) and Nicholas Cage managed to still be standing after being shot like seventeen thousand times.

We Were Soldiers I'd give a 7.5/10, first war movie I ever saw and quite sad but not really exemplary.

Excalibur - 9/10

Shit, I remember watching this movie all the time when I was little. Merlin is such a pimp. And any movie with Patrick Stewart yelling around and stabbing people with swords deserves high marks.

Is that the one with the pretty boy in golden armour? It was many years ago when I saw that, and can't remember a great deal.

Leon - Directors Cut - 9.9/10

Makes an already good film even better. Nice to see more depth to the whole 'Leon teaching Matilda to clean' affair.

Qonfused said:
I love Falling Down. What a movie!

Yeah, quite an awesome movie to say at least. Michael Douglas is great in his role imo.

Somehow it reminded me about the GTA games and Postal 2... :)

HP:2 10/10
jk
1/10
HP:3
2/10
Thats all in the animation of the hippogryph

Stealth
3/10
It was bullshit, a giant ball of AI?

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 5/10

This film went at 100 miles per hour. If they had added perhaps an extra 30 minutes to the movie to explain some of the events, surroundings and characters they may have made a better picture.

Entertaining, but rushed and missing lots.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 8/10
War of the Worlds - 7/10

The Island

For a Michael Bay film the first hour is pretty decent and thought provoking, but hour 2 descends into what we know him best for (explosions, sechs, helicopters, falling off buildings, etc).

Overall 6/10 though with the best bits being Scottish Ewan talking to American clone Ewan.

"Yeah, this is client Tom Lincoln"

"Hi Mr Lincoln!"

"Yeah, I was wondering if you could get someone to explain to me why my insurance policy is sat downstairs on my ****ing sofa??"

heh.

Lord of War - 6.5/10

Has its moments, but the director seems to be almost conflicted about the type of film he's trying to make at times.

The Constant Gardener

Very interesting movie, alot of that good old "sympathy for africa's children" propaganda, but it's in a weird way very soulless. You as the viewer just get fed up with facts and figures and hardly develop any sympathy for either the main characters or the poor people.

The movie is pretty messy too and it's like you have no ****ing clue what's going on until the last 20 minutes.

But I have to say it's pretty good at times, wonderful scenery and music. The story is interesting as well.

5/10

The Island - 6.75/10

Better than I thought it would be. Scarlett Johansson is hotness in this.

UNLEASHED

"Martial-arts superstar Jet Li stars in this action-packed adventure as "Danny", a slave raised by a gangster(Bob Hoskins) to be a violent fighting machine and compete at illegal gladiator-style fight clubs.
When Danny has a chance encounter with blind piano tuner (Morgan Freeman), he experiences true kindness for the first time - and escapes from the underworld to live with the piano tuner and his family. But the mob wont give up its prized pupil so easily, and Danny must fight to protect his new family and shed some light on his old life."

The Martial-arts is of excellent quality, as always from Jet Li. The film is set in "Glasgow" with London accents and gags..... Bob, "Don't leave my side again", Guy, "But you told me to stay....." Bob, "Shut the f*ck up and get in the soddin car!". And so does Jet with "Its ripe!", you shall see!

8.5/10

The Descent - 7.5/10

Unnecessary gory, but pretty good nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back