Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hills have eyes - 7.5/10

gory but generally pretty good, designed to be frustrating

The Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers - Extended Edtion

9/10

It`s funny, I found the original cuts to be boring, spending far to long on character development, so why am I enjoying the extended editions far more than the originals?

A.I. - 9/10 One of the best sci-fies Steven Spielberg has made. I found it original because this is a different vision, one in which the robots are the victims, they have feelings and aren't just mindless drones out to destroy humanity. The ending was unexpected and kind of depressing.

Redneck said:
A.I. - 9/10 One of the best sci-fies Steven Spielberg has made. I found it original because this is a different vision, one in which the robots are the victims, they have feelings and aren't just mindless drones out to destroy humanity. The ending was unexpected and kind of depressing.

Crap film but it's the last film that Stanley Kubrick was involved with. ;(

Fargo 9/10 - Still great

Romeo is Bleeding 9/10 - I love Gary Oldman :)

Final Destination 3:

6/10

I liked the movie, but it was very suspensive, I hadn't watched the previous two movies so it was a kind of new experience for me.

Since the way it's set out basically tells you what is going to happen. I was just waiting there anxiously for it to actually happen. I gave it 6/10 due to the over-exaggerated deaths though.

The deaths are the best bits :)

Story wise Final Destination 3 is exactly the same as the first 2, just replace roller coster with plane etc. Cheese, but fun.

Well, there's some poor acting and crap story bits in between :)

I saw it at the cinema - the scene in the gym made me jump like a little girl.

Pitch Black

Pro's:
Under 2 hours long.

Cons:
Shit same old same old story... No new ideas... terribly predictable killing/plot... bad acting... Vin Diesel...

4/10

The Ten Commandments - 10/10

Absolutely one of the greatest and most epic movies ever made. Charlton Heston IS Moses, and he kicks ass. Seriously one of my favorite movies ever. I'm not a Christian, but this makes me happy.

THX 1138 - 9/10
Fantastic sci-fi from George Lucas, darkest (but too much white) vision of future I saw ever...

Silent Hill - 7.5/10
...It was very freaky to say the least.
I really liked the dark atmosphere conveyed throughout the film.

But tbh, I never played SH1 or 2... just a bit of 3 and all of 4.
I didn't know about any of the shit they were showing / talking about.

I mean... what the hell were those dudes with triangles on their heads? And the nurses, oh god... beautiful bodies but... the head... gah!

I might rent SH1 and 2 tommorow just to go and watch the movie again. x.x

oldagerocker said:
Pitch Black

Pro's:
Under 2 hours long.

Cons:
Shit same old same old story... No new ideas... terribly predictable killing/plot... bad acting... Vin Diesel...

4/10

Pitch Black is one of my favorite movies. 9/10

Narnia was pretty good, but I don't remember any mass scale battle scenes in the book. And the whole religion thing was ucky. 7/10.

RV 8/10 (Hell, maybe even a 9/10)

If you're going to the theater and just looking to see a funny movie, especially one thats appropriate for someone younger, you're not going to do better. Its funny as hell, especially to anyone who's ever done a road trip, and features several actors from Arrested Development doing their thing. :D

Warbie said:
The deaths are the best bits :)

Story wise Final Destination 3 is exactly the same as the first 2, just replace roller coster with plane etc. Cheese, but fun.

does it have any of the surviving actors from final destination 2? i'll prolly watch it one of these days.

evil^milk said:
does it have any of the surviving actors from final destination 2? i'll prolly watch it one of these days.

Just one, I think. It's been ages since I watched the 2nd one, and I can barely remember any of the 3rd.

The Jacket 8/10 - good movie. It doesn't make any sense, but don't let this bother you. Watch, don't think, and you should enjoy (it reminded me a little of Jacob's Ladder). Adrien Brody is a dude and Keira Knightley is yummy.

Picked up Fear and Loathing Las Vegas - 8/10. Bloody awesome.

Stander - 6/10

Based on a true story about a South African cop who turns bank robber. Not a bad film, but tries a bit too hard to be stylish.

King Kong 6/10

Man, this film was worse than i remember it. Peter Jackson cannot write a decent script to save himself.

Sparta said:
King Kong 6/10

Man, this film was worse than i remember it. Peter Jackson cannot write a decent script to save himself.

Hmmm, strange how different peoples opinions differ, I loved it, one of favourite films at the moment :).

V for Vendetta - 9/10

Not what I was expecting at all, pleasantly suprised.

Brokeback Mountain 9/10 - I knew very little about this movie other than it had some gay cowboys in it. It turned out to be so much more, and exceeded my every expectation. An excellent, touching movie, superbly acted and beautifully shot.

I was a little uneasy before the movie started, but ended up being completely comfortable with their relationship and a little ashamed of my awkward anticipation at seeing what is nothing more than two people in love. Go see :)

The Final Cut 7/10

Another serious Robin Williams role, it's a good movie but they really didn't explain enough of the story and it was quite short (about 70 mins)

Retrograde - 2/10

Hilarious movie, it was only worth seeing because of Dolph Lundgren.

Mission: Impossible 3 - 9/10

The best of the mission impossible films by far. Great acting all round and awesome action scenes.

TIIMMYY said:
Mission: Impossible 3 - 9/10

The best of the mission impossible films by far. Great acting all round and awesome action scenes.

Wasn`t at all looking foward to this, but after hearing it`s not fallen into the "too many sequels" catagory, I`m looking foward to seeing it.

Land Of The Dead - 8/10

Romero comes back to his genre and takes into another new direction.
Some people don`t like the advancements Romero has made to his franchise, but for anyone that likes to see the boundries of the zombie film pushed further, this film is great.

stemot said:
Land Of The Dead - 8/10

Romero comes back to his genre and takes into another new direction.
Some people don`t like the advancements Romero has made to his franchise, but for anyone that likes to see the boundries of the zombie film pushed further, this film is great.

I thought Land of the Dead was absolutely bloody awful :/

Each to their own ...

//edit

A mini review from a 'worst films of 05 thread' that I contibuted to on another forum:

Land of the Dead - just awful.

Being a big zombie movie fan I was completely suprised by how much this movie bored me. There was no tension, no scares, no humour (which is needed if the first two aren't present), just a ridiculous plot and poor acting. Not even good in a 'so bad it's good' way.

Worst of all, it feels as though Romero's trying to force a contrived social and political message down the viewers throat throughout (this didn't hit me while watching the movie, but kind of tickled at my brain. As soon as the end credits came down I realised, and actually let out an audible groan)

Not even the gore, something I haven't grown out of yet, was enough to redeem this tripe!

(I really hated it. Up there with Spawn and Fast and the Furious)

Infernal Affairs - 9/10

HK cinema at its best. Follows two moles - one triad, one police, as they fight for their lives to uncover the identity of the other.

Axyon said:
Infernal Affairs - 9/10

HK cinema at its best. Follows two moles - one triad, one police, as they fight for their lives to uncover the identity of the other.

Brilliant movie, I would recommend Infernal Affairs 2, haven't seen 3 yet. Martin Scorsese is also remaking Infernal Affairs called The Departed.

Mission Impossible - 6.8/10.

Waking Life - 9/10. Probably my favourite Richard Linklater movie.

Harryz said:
Brilliant movie, I would recommend Infernal Affairs 2, haven't seen 3 yet. Martin Scorsese is also remaking Infernal Affairs called The Departed.

Mission Impossible - 6.8/10.

Waking Life - 9/10. Probably my favourite Richard Linklater movie.
Yeah, 2 is excellent as well. 3's not quite up to the standard, though. Still, with 3-4 of (arguably) the greatest HK actors in the entire trilogy, there's little room to go wrong.

Warbie said:
I thought Land of the Dead was absolutely bloody awful :/

Each to their own ...

//edit

A mini review from a 'worst films of 05 thread' that I contibuted to on another forum:

Land of the Dead - just awful.

Being a big zombie movie fan I was completely suprised by how much this movie bored me. There was no tension, no scares, no humour (which is needed if the first two aren't present), just a ridiculous plot and poor acting. Not even good in a 'so bad it's good' way.

Worst of all, it feels as though Romero's trying to force a contrived social and political message down the viewers throat throughout (this didn't hit me while watching the movie, but kind of tickled at my brain. As soon as the end credits came down I realised, and actually let out an audible groan)

Not even the gore, something I haven't grown out of yet, was enough to redeem this tripe!

(I really hated it. Up there with Spawn and Fast and the Furious)

He forced his statements down your throat, yet you didn`t notice until the end of the movie?

All of the dead films have social commentary, from Night to Land, it`s the way all his movies have been done, for you just to notice in his latest, then to go on attack it for this, I dunno, it`s a little strange considering your a big zombie movie fan.

The plot I thought was far from ridiculous, the zombies are evolving, the dumb shufflers were just the start of the zombie awakening which started in Day of the dead with Bub, and earlier in the town at the start of Day.

If Romero had made another film of a group of survivors trapped in a house/mall/bunker, people would have complained.
He furthered his vision of a zombie holocaust by making them smart enough to make the audience believe, that finally, man could be wiped from the planet.

I rate this as his second best film behind Dawn.

Oh, and the movie made me luagh a few times as well, especially the "someone shot the lttle fat man line", loved it.

Seems it`s split fans right down the middle though, but at the end of the day, he`s furthered his vision, added something new to an overcrowded genre, and id now talking of another sequel, I can`t wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back