Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
King Kong: 9/10

Superb film in every possible way. Not too long, and the beginning was good as well. Slow mo effects were unnecessary.

V for Vendetta:

7/10

The Excorsism of Emily Rose:

8.5/10

American Beauty - 9.5/10...

Awesome... thought-provoking movie...
I really enjoyed it... it was quite funny too.

Doom 4/10 - Good first half, but the rest was crap.

Mr and Mrs Smith 6/10 - Much to my suprise I enjoyed this movie.

Wedding Crashers 7/10 - Good fun.

(i'm between uni courses at the mo and working in a video store - being paid to watch movies, revise, and play DS is all good :))

V for Vendetta - 8/10

Marked for Death - 5/10 (Steven Seagal movie. hilarious.)

Warbie said:
Doom 4/10 - Good first half, but the rest was crap.

Agreed. First half had the original 'Doom 3' feel of 'whats going to happen next??' and '***t that gas line scared me when it fell through the roof'.

Rest of it was a bit...Resident-evilish. Action picked up the pace, but it just felt like a typical sci-fi shooter. Oh and so does the movie :p

Miller's Crossing 9/10 - It gets better with each viewing :) (i'd have given it a 7 the first time I saw it)

Traffic - 8/10. I would have given it a 9 but Catherine Zeta Jones annoys me.

Samon said:
King Kong: 9/10

Superb film in every possible way. Not too long, and the beginning was good as well. Slow mo effects were unnecessary.

Culdn`t agree more! :cheers:

Scary Movie 4
4/10

Some bits that had me laughing so hard that I didn't know what to do; some bits that had me sitting there as quiet as the rest of the audience wondering whether to laugh just to be polite.
Best line:
"Help, my bowels have stopped working!"

The Pianist
9/10

Without a doubt one of my favourite films of all time. It isn't too heavy (Schindler's List) but doesn't sidestep around the heavy issues outlined. It was nice to see a film that didn't concentrate too much on one aspect of the war.
Best moment:
In the abandoned hospital where Spielzman finds the piano and begins "playing" with his fingers an inch above the keys.

scary movie 4
2/10 this movie sucks ass and WTF happened to the King Kong skit?

The Plague Dogs
8/10 - Oh man, this film is sad :(. Great film, some really good animation at times and then some pretty bad animation. But when you consider it was made in 82, it was way ahead of its class at that time anyway. The end gets me though :( ;(

The Inside Man - 8.5/10
Great crime caper. Thoroughly enjoyable.

V for Vendetta - 6/10
Read the graphic novel before seeing the film. Changed alot of it. Some for better(V's alliteration when he first appears, Skit show of the Chancellor) but mostly for worst (Worst part being how much they changed the character of V. What the **** happened?). Not to mention the book's structure was so much more fluent than the film. Really disappointed. Average fight scenes too.

The Dark - 4/10

So, you always leave a theater with either praise/criticism or a load of questions. This one was just confusing. And also not scary.

The Mummy - 8.5/10...

Great hollywood action movie... and the ride at Universal kicks ass as well.

The Animatrix - 9/10. I really like this. Gorgeous, captivating, and many times better than the disappointing movie sequels. On a decent tv it looks amazing.

Welcome to the Jungle - 7/10. After this and Walking Tall i'm becoming a bit of a fan of the Rock (not including Doom). Good '80's style' fun (Walking Tall is better though)

Warbie said:
The Animatrix - 9/10. I really like this. Gorgeous, captivating, and many times better than the disappointing movie sequels. On a decent tv it looks amazing.

Welcome to the Jungle - 7/10. After this and Walking Tall i'm becoming a bit of a fan of the Rock (not including Doom). Good '80's style' fun (Walking Tall is better though)
Heh, I've never heard of "Welcome to the Jungle." Sounds similar to the Rundown though.

Direwolf said:
Heh, I've never heard of "Welcome to the Jungle." Sounds similar to the Rundown though.

It`s what the Rundown was called in the UK

Animatrix (ripped DVD version, whatever that means....) 10/10

"Our confidence is high, that Operation Dark Storm will stabilize..."

"We cannot tolerate this kind of...."

"Listen up, maggots!"

Awesomeness.

xlucidx said:
The Mummy - 8.5/10...

Great hollywood action movie... and the ride at Universal kicks ass as well.

Agreed, I liked the first one the second movie wasn't as good though.

Dark City - 8.5/10

Good scifi movie, it managed to have a unique and dark atmosphere although it was a little bit inspired from The Matrix.

Redneck said:
Dark City - 8.5/10

Good scifi movie, it managed to have a unique and dark atmosphere although it was a little bit inspired from The Matrix.

Dark City came out before The Matrix.

Waiting - 7/10.

Redneck said:
Dark City - 8.5/10

I personally enjoyed Dark City more than The Matrix, but maybe that's because I'm a sucker for the style.

Thank You For Smoking - 9/10
I loved the humor in this film. Even when I wasn't laughing I thought it was damn clever. Haven't read the book, so I can;t compare, but the guy playing the main character in the film nailed it.

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe - 7/10
Far more violent than I thought it was going to be, which turned out to be rather appropriate, since the books don;t skimp on the battles. I enjoyed the book better though, but the movie was alright. There was too much that was skimmed over that was longer in the books.

CptStern said:
dark city came out before the matrix, so no:

Ups my mistake:eek: .

Anyway like I said, good movie and I personaly liked them both.

Icarusintel said:
Mysterious Skin - 8/10
Not really for the faint of heart, since it's basically about the effects child molestation had on two very different boys. Poeple who are offended by homosexuality probably shouldn;t watch, since one of the main characters is gay and ends up becoming a prostitute. The story is interesting and Joseph Gordon Levitt is really good in it (can't wait to see him in Brick). Lots of tough scenes to watch in this movie and there was an overwhelming feeling of sadness I got from it. Still, a good movie about a difficult subject.
QFT, i watched this with a few girls who couldnt/didnt want to watch it to the end but i stuck with it and it was awesome, the ending was very emotional, great acting by the young male leads. Tough subject though with some difficult to watch scenes.

Primer - 7/10. Very confusing (like Memento), but entertaining nonetheless. Still haven't grasped the full story-line, have to re-watch it again sometime.

Waiting - 7/10. A mindless comedy flick with Ryan Reynolds, I laughed.

Harryz said:
Primer - 7/10. Very confusing (like Memento), but entertaining nonetheless. Still haven't grasped the full story-line, have to re-watch it again sometime.

Thanks for remiding me:)

Memento - 9/10. Interesting movie, very original and confusing style to tell the story backwards and the endig( er.. or is it the start) is kind of sad;( .

Aeon Flux 1/10

Shitty no talent actors, dialogue that makes Rocky sound thespian, plotline that's been done a thousand times before and the idiotic gadgets and special effects are just retarded. This whole kung fu babe with guns thing has been done to death.

Pure garbage.

Ice Age 2 - 10/10

INSTANT classic. I couldnt stop laughing. The rat is just hilarious (cant remember his name).
No plot, or if there was it was very weak, but who cares when its this funny?? Its all a bit random, especially with the rat which has NOTHING to do with the story, but you'll still be crying with laughter throughout.

Jarhead - 7/10 was meh some funny parts fake serious ones
A History of violence - 7/10 pretty cool nothing speicial
The Constant Gardener - 6.5/10 really really slow movie, not slow movies arnt bad but this really wasnt my kind of setting/Storytelling i liked the ending tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back