Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people have said it allready, but still.
Kiss Kiss Bang bang rocks.
10/10

Corpse Bride; 7.5/10
Enjoyable, tbh, but not as good as Nightmare Before Christmas.

Lord of War; 7.5/10
Neat, neat movie and interesting. You have to pay attention.

Jarhead; 7/10
Meh. A drama about being in Desert Storm... meh.

15357 said:
You aren't getting me. I'm saying: "No man, No idea."

An idea doesn't need flesh and bone.

By the way Harryz, is Everything is Illuminated really that good? I've been meaning to see it. And possibly read the book.

Lucas 8/10
Gotta love 80s coming-of-age movies.

Ice Age The Meltdown - 7/10

Crazy, daft, silly, but nonetheless entertaining as hell.

V For Vendetta - 7/10

Good film, not as good as everyone made it out to be. Also it changes a fair bit of book, some for good but mostly for worse. Didn't like how they made V a bit of a comic relief in the film, and thought they downplayed the doctors role way too much. Good, but not great.

Holy jesus, everybody's right about Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
10/10 !
It also allowed me to ask the attractive Blockbusters desk lady if I could have kiss kiss bang bang. She grinned. :naughty:

Pride and Predijuce (can't spell, argh) 9/10

Entertaining movie. I loled a few times.

Saw 2 - 10/10

Loved the first one and this one just made it all the more better .. hooray for sick twisted people :D judging by the ending i can only hope theres a Saw 3 in production soon :D

DeusExMachina said:
By the way Harryz, is Everything is Illuminated really that good? I've been meaning to see it. And possibly read the book.

I really enjoyed it, great director-debut from Liev Schreiber. Meaning to pick up the book for sometime now.

Drackard said:
Saw 2 - 10/10

Why do people like this movie!?

Capote - 8/10. Philip Seymour Hoffman definently deserved the Oscar for his role.

Anyone see the The Squid and the Whale, hopefully will be watching that next, anyone recommend it?

Good Morning, Vietnam - 8.2/10... Robin Williams = le funneh.

Lethal Weapon 2 - 7/10... action packed and pretty funny.

Liar Liar - 8.5/10... really funny at some points, but it's Jim Carrey!... and he owns you.

Domino - 6/10...
Keira Knightley used to be such a sweet girl... then she signs up for this rubbish.
So many script errors and just the god damn way the movie's presented pissed me off.
It flashes all over the place, echoes certain things a character says...
I liked the color throughout the film though.
It's an interesting idea but... just no.

Walking Tall - 7/10

Much to my suprise I enjoyed this. It feels just like an 80's action movie :)

Narnia - 7/10

I was a fan of the books as a kid and feel the movie did them justice.

Ice Age 2 - 10/10

I havent laughed so hard since the first one

Saw 2 - 8/10
Much better than the first, but it lost direction midway through.

Transporter 2 - 6/10
Haven't seen the first but it went downhill quite sharply after a somewhat interesting start, fights scenes were ok I guess.

The first Transporter fooking owned imo :D

Am yet to see the second one :(

Serenity - 7/10

Good fun space movie. A bit cheesey, not for everyone.

Just out of curiosity, is Underworld worth getting ? Been looking at it for some time but never actually got it.

Saving Private Ryan 10/10

Cried (no, I am not that emo kid you are thinking of) at the end a bit. :(

Ahaha...I saw that show live when he came here. He is really great in a Q&A context. Did Jason Mewes tag along at that one too?

Direwolf said:
Ahaha...I saw that show live when he came here. He is really great in a Q&A context. Did Jason Mewes tag along at that one too?

Yeah, it was from several Universities. Was the one where Jason Mewe's pretended to miss his flight and then came on stage?

Con Air - 5/10

Not as good as I remember it. In fact, it was pretty crappy. Funking John Cusack.

My Neighbour Totoro: 9/10 (Cute and Cuddly story that switches from sweetly comic to sad quite a few times. A nice length movie with great artwork, with the exception of some dubious framerates early on)

Whisper of the Heart: 8/10 (Beautiful love story that is neither too cliched nor repulsive. Very sweet and romantic, and even with a near two-hour runtime, it doesn't start to drag. A brave attempt at an animated film in which really, very little happens.)

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - 9/10 - Damn i love it :)

The Game - 8/10 - interesting plot, funny ending.
Lost In Translation 9/10 - great acting, Japan.

Raging Bull - 8/10. I was amazed how much De Niro put on weight for the older Jake La Motta.

Shaun of the Dead - 6/10

Meh. Really kind of boring. Humor really wasn't that good imo. The zombies were so slow and shambling that it seemed impossible that they could actually kill anyone.

Constantine - 7.5/10...

Pretty killer special effects... but Keanu Reeves is still imo, one of the most flat-actors out there.
He can't show emotion about anything it seems.

He was a bad choice for the main role.

They shot Hellblazer in the face with Constantine. It's so much darker than the movie depicts.

Kingdom of Heaven 8.5/10 A good, entertaining film showing the warring of two different religions and ideas. I liked it better than Gladiator to be honest.

xombine said:
Shaun of the Dead - 6/10

Meh. Really kind of boring. Humor really wasn't that good imo. The zombies were so slow and shambling that it seemed impossible that they could actually kill anyone.

Really, this films got a reputation in the UK as being hilarious, which indeed, is what I found it to be.
Guess the humor could be a little too British.

The zombies where slow because they were basing them on Romero`s zombies, not the ultra fast zombies of this generation.

As for last film watched:-

Lord Of The Rings - Fellowship Of The Ring Extended DVD
9/10

Amazing film, amazing extras.

Factotum - 6/10

A little depressing, but kept my interest untill the end. It doesn't look like much fun being a drunk.

The Island - 7/10

Good fun, despite the awful 'xbox fight scene'. Reminded me a little of thx 1138.

The Weather Man: 8/10
Slow, but with some real flashes of brilliance. If you're looking for something character heavy, if depressing, its a great choice.

Lord of War: 8/10
Also great, but in a different way. Its stylish and captivating while being simultaneously hilarious and sad.

Brokeback Mountain. 9/10

It was so weird....I was expecting all these gay guys in the cinema but all there were was all these old women and a few lesbians. Very touching film though.

It was so weird....I was expecting all these gay guys in the cinema but all there were was all these old women and a few lesbians. Very touching film though.

lololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back