Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent Hill - 7/10

I found it entertaining

Transformers The Movie (1986) - 9/10

What can I say? Watching this was nostalgia supreme. This movie is awesome haha, all your favourite transformers, now fighting to a cheesy 80's soundtrack. Unicron was huge lol. Starscream got owned too. Optimus Prime was pretty pro as well
YOU GOT THE TOUCH!
YOU GOT THE POWER!
Etc lol

Full Metal Jacket - 10/10

Now after watching this again, I realise how half arsed Jarhead's rip off of the beginning is. In fact, down with Jarhead...this shits all over it.

Jarhead even stole lines directly from the training sequence in that movie :\.

Jarhead even stole lines directly from the training sequence in that movie :\.

What? Like the 'this is my rifle' thing? And the obligatory hard-assed Drill Sergeant?
I'm pretty sure marines of today have to memorize that stuff, and put up with drill sergeants like that.

Jarhead was a great movie nonetheless... I love them both.

It's called referencing. A lot of movies do it :rolleyes:

There's a difference between refrencing and then taking lines word-for-word.

What? Like the 'this is my rifle' thing? And the obligatory hard-assed Drill Sergeant?
I'm pretty sure marines of today have to memorize that stuff, and put up with drill sergeants like that.

Jarhead was a great movie nonetheless... I love them both.

Well yeah, there was that, but there was also "You crawl like old people ****!" and various other lines. I dunno, it just bugs me when a movie "references" or whatever to a movie that popular. Not to mention it totally went against the esscense that the book had. And I never said it was a bad movie, I liked it ok, but it's total crap compared to the book.

There's a difference between refrencing and then taking lines word-for-word.

Well yeah, there was that, but there was also "You crawl like old people ****!" and various other lines. I dunno, it just bugs me when a movie "references" or whatever to a movie that popular. Not to mention it totally went against the esscense that the book had. And I never said it was a bad movie, I liked it ok, but it's total crap compared to the book.

I never read the book, I've been planning to pick it up though.
And technically, they're just insults... they're not patented or anything. :p

I never read the book, I've been planning to pick it up though.
And technically, they're just insults... they're not patented or anything. :p

The book is fantastic.

And meh, I'm not saying I hated the movie because of it, I just wish they would have been more true to the book, and less "hey, let's quote other movies!"

I thought Jarhead was a crock.

Swingers - 9/10. It's money :)

Belleville Rendezvous - 10/10 Brilliant characters and animation.

I'm not sure what happened in the last 10 seconds or so though. The cyclist guy was watching it all on the telly? Can anybody explain? That just really confused me.

Mission Impossible 3 - 7/10.

Beats the crap out of 2 anyway. Nice entertainment, real predictable, but had some cool scenes in it and the villian actually did make me squint my eyes and think ''you... yeah, you. I don't like you''

Hoffman's the man.

The Man Who Wasn't There 9/10

Another Coen masterpiece. Reminded me a lot of Camus' The Stranger more than actual film noir. I'm sure the Coen brothers intended it.

Match Point - 8/10 - Woody Allen is a really good director, this movie is smart and entertaining.

"What is this, a school for ANTS!"

I'm sorry, but even the most pretentious of film snobs that I know (myself included >_>) love Zoolander.

I'm sorry, but even the most pretentious of film snobs that I know (myself included >_>) love Zoolander.

Ben Stiller + Owen Wilson =:x Therefor movie = fail

It's my opinion, if you don't like it you can walk the plank Yarharhar Arrrr....

If you hated the two actors so much then why'd you see the movie in the first place :\

The Weather Man - 7/10; it was okay, I was strange and it seemed to have no focus point but I liked it.

Head in the Clouds - 7.510; it was just okay/fairly good, acting was good, plot had a few silly points but I liked it.

The Door in the Floor 8/10

Strange sort of a film about a family fallen apart. Not quite my cup of tea but it was good nonetheless.

Mission Impossible 3

9/10

Best of the series yet, awesome action film.

Mission Impossible 3 - 7.5/10 - MUCH better than the second. <3 Monaghan.

Taxi Driver - 9.5/10 - First time I've actually seen it, great piece though. The shootout scene was very shocking. One of De Niro's best movies imo.

Gaau Ji (Dumplings) 8/10. Pretty sick and raises some interesting issues. A good movie to eat to ;)

City of God 9/10

No matter how many times I watch it this movie never fails to horrify me.

Silent Hill - 9/10 such a great movie (2nd watch)

City of God 9/10

No matter how many times I watch it this movie never fails to horrify me.

Great film.

Silent Hill - 9/10 such a great movie (2nd watch)

If only it wasn't a little too long and suffer from some horrible pacing and unnecessary plot exposition. Some bits were very decent, and suitably like the games, others were just poor. It could have been a whole lot better.

Taxi Driver - 9.5/10 - First time I've actually seen it, great piece though. The shootout scene was very shocking. One of De Niro's best movies imo.

I didn't sleep at all the night I watched that flick.

Gone in 60 Seconds - 7/10 - Not bad. Some nice cars :p Especially the Shelby GT ;)

Starship Troopers - 8.5/10

Again. This is a movie that should be cherished forever, not because of its artistic qualities, but because its just... too... damn... bad... to... be .... bad.

WTF is up with the tactics, though?

Bomb. Send in Infantry w/o any support, either air or armor. Get massacred. Fire Sky Marshall. Repeat but with slightly different approaches.

See problem?

They could have just used armored vehicles and not light infantry troops. Way less casulties that way.

And teh guns. WHERE IS THE IRON SIGHTS? AND WHY USE A RIFLE FOR CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT? If the lack of sights was due to the close-combatness, then it rather defeats the purpose of a rifle. They could have just used combat shotguns instead.

And.. "I'm doing my part, too!" *sudden laughter that is without question, weird and almost eerie*

WTF? That was so propagandish that it wasn't that hard to see through it, and that made it so horrifying that it was actually funny.

Another thing: Private -> Corporal -> Sargeant -> Lietenant

Without any extra training?

It seems that the Federation's problems are not in the leadership, but in the entire military itself, from top to bottom.

Heavenly Creatures- This was one of Peter Jackson's earliest films, based off of a notorious murder that happened in New Zealand. It took too long to build up the actual murder (it doens't happen until literally the last minute of the movie, the rest is the build up) but it kept my interest, and the fantasy setting of it worked really well to add a nice filler to the kind of bland romance theme to it.

Lolita- Loved it, I'd say it's maybe Kubrick's best movie after maybe Dr. Strangelove and Clockwork Orange. Would have been better if there was more of the "sex" theme that the book had, but considering how censored Kubrick had to be, it worked really well.

Dr. Strangelove : Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - 9.4/10...
I can't believe that I've never seen this before!

Derailed - 0/10...
I can't believe I wasted my time with this!
"Yeah, I'm going to cheat on my family, which has a daughter whom has diabetes... Oh shit my ho just got raped!"... Bah.

Ju-on - 8.2/10...
I need new boxers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back