Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Breakfast Club 9/10

I can't believe I hadn't seen this before now.

The Breakfast Club is one of my favorite movies :D

Star Trek III : The Search for Spock - 7.8/10...
Pretty good, I think I'm starting to get into Star Trek.
If the movies are any indication of the show, I'll definitely start watching it.

Ultraviolet 2/10

Well.... nice.

ARE THOSE ****ING SECURITY TEAMS/WEIRD INFECTED PEOPLE ****ING RETARDED?

Ever hear of ****ing 'crossfire'? Ever realize that getting too close might be a bad thing? No, what the **** are you ****ing doing? Why the hell are you charging with- ARGH YOU IMBECILE! You move backwards and make range with non-carbine assualt rifles. Your assualt rifle is not a ****ing spear you moron. God, I think people get retarded in the future.

Well, 5 is the lowest score I ever give. :p But point taken.. :)

If the movies are any indication of the show, I'll definitely start watching it.

The show is even better

Pan's Labyrinth- 7.5/10, I don't understand why everyone has a giant boner over this movie, it's good but not great.

Survive Style 5 - 9/10

What a ****ing weird Japanese movie (in a really good way). Some brilliant cinematography. Came across this when I was looking for other work from the Japanese girl in Babel. A lot of Kubrick references throughout the movie. Was really suprised to see Vinnie Jones in the movie, "What is your function?" Brillaint. Anyone else seen this movie? I really recommend it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430651/

I was a Trek fan long before I had ever heard of Firefly. It's mostly worn off now, but the original series is the best, by far.

Dream Girls - 6/10

Now i got forced into this film by my flatmates. I was bored and didnt even realise it was this film they wanted to watch until we got there.

In all honesty, its ok. but its more of a musical that lasts for 3 hours..3 HOURS!?!? I was dying at the end!! They kept talking to each other in song..ARGH!

Beyonce is just...mmmm though.

The Whole Nine Yards - 9/10

Seen it so many times, bought it on a deal, such a laugh. One of the all time great comedys.

the movie with Chandler? that movie was barely ok ..definately not a classic

Survive Style 5 - 9/10

A man continually trying and failing to get his wife to stay dead; a self-absorbed ad agency creative director who comes up with one unworkably inane idea after another; an English hitman who only wants to know everyone's function in life; and an unfortunate office worker and father whose brain is left scrambled after a stage hypnotist is murdered in mid-performance. Starting off as unrelated plot lines, they intertwine with each other as they continue on their respective ways.
I'm there. :D

Edit - Heh, someone just got out Breakfast Club. How awfully convenient.

Paris, je t'aime (Paris, I Love You) - 8.9/10

Anyone ever heard of this? Basically its 18 short movies (love theme) set in Paris. Theres quite a few big name directors and cast members in there such as Coen Brothers, Walter Salles, Wes Craven, Gus Van Sant, Alfonso Cuar?n etc. Its really worth checking out. Too bad Jean-Pierre Jeunet didn't do a segment.

They're going to make one on Tokyo and New York aswell (Woody Allen better direct a segment!)

Heres one of my favourite segments from the movie with Natalie Portman in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrERoiLHbgc

Edit - Shit, just noticed it doesn't have subtitles; worth checking out anyway (half of it is in english).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401711/

Watched Anchorman last night.

Will and Steve are funny no matter what they do. Thin plot but that's not the point. Funniest part by far was the "you have a massive erection" part. "It's an optical illusion."

8/10

Blue Streak - 9/10

Martin Lawrence is just top notch comedy.

Jarhead - 8/10

Theres enough war films out there, so its nice to finally see the emotional and mental-effects of war, rather than bullets flying everywhere.

Battlestar Galactica Miniseries - Season 2.5 - 20/10...

Wow, best sci-fi show ever. To come out in recent years atleast...

It's almost better than Firefly.

Lost in Space - 8/10

Very entertaining Sci-Fi although very corny at times xD

Blood Diamond - 9/10

I wasn't looking forward to seeing this, having seen a disappointing trailer of DiCaprio faking a poor accent ... but my mates convinced me to go see it... and i'm glad they did - I was very pleasantly surprised.

DiCaprio's accent takes a bit of getting used to, but he does put in a very good performance - as does the rest of the cast. The storyline is brutally real, and the action sequences are both frequent and awesome.

Go and see this, folks ... I doubt you'll be disappointed, specially if you were turned off by the trailer.

Blue Streak - 9/10

Martin Lawrence is just top notch comedy.

Lost in Space - 8/10

Very entertaining Sci-Fi although very corny at times xD

I felt like shooting myself when I watched these two, especially Lost in Space.

Blood Diamond - 9/10

I wasn't looking forward to seeing this, having seen a disappointing trailer of DiCaprio faking a poor accent ... but my mates convinced me to go see it... and i'm glad they did - I was very pleasantly surprised.

DiCaprio's accent takes a bit of getting used to

It annoys me when people complain about Dicaprio's SA accent in Blood Diamond. He near-perfected the South African accent and its damn hard thing to do aswell.

Usual Suspects - 9.5/10. Rewatched it. Al Pachino shouldn't have turned down the role of Dave Kujan! Either way, brilliant.

It annoys me when people complain about Dicaprio's SA accent in Blood Diamond. He near-perfected the South African accent and its damn hard thing to do aswell.
Yeah, what I meant was, I didn't really know the south african accent ... and the trailer was too short to get it across (I think that was the only thing LDC said, so it sounded odd and poor)... Having seen the film, I appreciate how spot on his performance was.

Being South African i must admit, he did do an OKAY job, but you can hear his american accent shine through sometimes. It seems to get more convincing as the film progresses, and considering he didnt even know how a South African spoke before he made the film, i take my hat off to him.

'My China', 'Yah', 'My brew' and some other SA slang (and even an extremely offensive word relating to coloured people in Africa; you will know what it is when you see the film) were thrown in by him, so i must admit, he did do his homework.

Great film.

Dicaprio is also famous enough that hearing him saying something like that in an accent (especially without context) is bound to throw people initially.

Battlestar Galactica Miniseries - Season 2.5 - 20/10...

Wow, best sci-fi show ever. To come out in recent years atleast...

It's almost better than Firefly.

Thats not saying too much.

Yes, i went there.

Although seriously, i like BSG. Good show.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost Ark- 8/10

SO so awesome. But now I've seen it so many times, I'm starting to notice things... Like dropped guns going off, but you can't tell for the music, and using the same corpses in different scenes (and in closeups, even!)

Hannibal Rising - 3/10...

Boring, and it turns Hannibal into a ****ing freedom fighter type guy.
FFS, He's not a ****ing hero! HE'S A KILLER! :|

Babel - 9/10

After finally getting to see this I found it incredible. It's wonderful and raw. It's very realistic for the most part, which was a good thing. I could feel every emotion. Also, the music was pitch perfect and makes me want to go get the soundtrack right now.

The Last King of Scotland - 9/10

What an incredible performance by Forest Whitaker! He's always been one of my favorite character actors, and I really hope he get's the Oscar for this performance!

Collateral - 8/10
Finally got it again and watched the whole thing. Very solid action movie with a great feel to it, and some very convincingly played roles. The soundtrack was a bit questionable in parts, but it still fit alright I guess. Also I was a little unsure about how the plot was handled towards the end, but it was far from a botched ending so I wasn't too bothered. Besides that, pretty excellent.

Children of Men - 8.5/10

Fantastic film. Gripping throughout its entirety and easily on the best films of last year. Amazing direction and editing.

Pan's Labyrinth - 9.5/10

****ing incredible.

Tenacious D - The Pick Of Destiny 8/10

Completely mental film, but funny as f**k in a completely childish sort of way :D

Happy Gilmore - 7/10

Really funny in some places, but ultimately rubbish. Then again, who cares if it sucked when its funny.

That swing is legendary haha

Wedding Crashers - 9/10

Hillarious, and then Will Farrel....buwahaha.

Dark Water 5/10

Boring but watchable. Ya boring and meh.

Fast & Furious : Tokyo Drift - 7.3/10...
Actually wasn't that bad, I was surprised.
Good action flick with sexy wimmenz and nice cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back