Ravenholm's Sobbing Zombies

vorinoch

Reaction score
Am I the only person who was absolutely horrified by the sounds the zombies make whilst on fire? I've played through SS2, Undying, AvP, AvP2 etc., and I've never felt my stomach go cold like that. Egad. I'm not sure which thought is more horrifying... that the "zombies" aren't actually dead and the remnants of a human consciousness is weeping in non-understood agony, or the zombie is entirely dead, and the headcrab is relaying its pain through the nervous system of its host, giving the impression of human anguish. Man. Nasty.

Anyway, I'm bored and felt like wasting everyone's time.

hah

i thought the screaming noise they make when they get set on fire is GREAT! hah i was like yeaaaaa dieeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :smoking:

Yeah... ****ing nasty sounds.... im going to have nightmares about thoose damned burning zombies!!!

I know, I'm thinking about just shooting zombies in the head now. Which is crazy because it's just a game.

I LOVE THAT SOUND!!!(in a very horrified way) I think it adds to the immersion

I'm convinced that there is some English in there.

Yeah, it's creepy. And that's what makes it so great. When a game can manage to strongly evoke from me feelings of disgust and sympathy for such a creature, it's pretty a impressive.

You didn't waste my time though! I just LOVE hl, the mods and hl2 and can't get enough of hearing things of it and comments. And now I am drinkin beer and don't have so much else to do.....and cause of that post i really had to watch ravenholm again and do this post so i would say you got me busy for 15 minutes :D :D

yeah if my professor needs anymore gameplay videos of hl2 to show to the class, i'm totally giving him that one... just for the screaming ... i know it'll freak out the console kiddies. the hardcore console fanboys in my class were already blown away by the e3 2003 vid hahahahahah...

It would be really creepy/funny if the zombies screamed

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, MOMMY!!!"

When you set them on fire

Just a guestion, why the Ravenholm video isn't in HL2.net's video list?

Jackal hit said:
yeah if my professor needs anymore gameplay videos of hl2 to show to the class, i'm totally giving him that one... just for the screaming ... i know it'll freak out the console kiddies. the hardcore console fanboys in my class were already blown away by the e3 2003 vid hahahahahah...

what class are you showing HL2 vids in?

Yeah, another creepy thing is the maimed head of a human being that you see when the headcrab is off.

Attachments

• zombiehead.jpg
    zombiehead.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 522
Sick. But this has been discussed. Those screams give me a weird feeling.

Yeah, that head freaked me out the most..

I saw the headcrab fall off and thought... "oh god... whats there....."

i loled...
then i thought.... it's valve...
Those "zombies" doesn't scare me.. :(
I want to be scared! :|

The screams are awesome (in a sick and twisted way). They actually scare me.. it's great :p

She said:
i loled...
then i thought.... it's valve...
Those "zombies" doesn't scare me.. :(
I want to be scared! :|

Scared and creeped out are two different things.

err.. yeah, anyway, to each his own. I personally found the screams of the zombies very.. saddening, depressing even.
Almost as if they were screaming "Oh god, OH GOD!" when you lit them on fire.. ;(

Shuzer: Yeah that's kinda what I thought... it's not just a scream of pain... it sounds like the scream of something whose entire mind can't grasp anything beyond the fact that they are being hurt and don't know why... it sounds ignorant and terrorized, the kind of sound Helen Keller would make if you locked her in a room full of hot coals and scorpions.

The fact that VALVe managed to capture that essence in a few seconds of wailing is amazing.

It's one of those things where I'd either give them a quick blast to the head and end their misery... Or roast them alive just to get a more extravagant reaction. Guess it's a chance just to let the sick bastard part of yourself out for a bit before you start feeling guilty.

ill shut em up quick with a few razor blades to the body....fekkin zombies.

It certainly makes the zombies more frightening than their HL1 variants.

I likes it! :devil:

when I heard those screams the same thought flashed through my mind when in HL1 you push the button to the elevator and it comes crashing down.

*OMG? haha, how freaking cool*

the screams make me feel very uncomfortable, an absolutly genius move by valve. its rare any game envokes emotional responce, and it looks like hl2 is going to satisfy in that department :D

I love the screams of those agonized souls...my favorite bink by far..gave me chills the first time I heard it

I was surprised- not as in jumpy shock, but as in "wow, I didn't expect Valve would make the zombies do that".

A friend I showed it to at first thought the screams were coming from someone doing the voiceover :LOL:

Something like Gabe nodding at the screen and going "Aargghohgodnoooaarghnoaaaa... that's what's going through zombie's head as Gordon flames it!" :D

Ahahaha, someone once mentioned it sounded like a fat nerd making sfx with his hand.

I think they sounded rather stupid IMO. They weren't that bad but they could use improvement.

Maybe its his sound card lol.

Seriously, sickest zombie screams ever.

I love that sound. It really adds to the game. How can you not, it's great. :D

imagine those screams echoing down alleyways..Do it..Really imagine it..

Shuzer said:
Scared and creeped out are two different things.

err.. yeah, anyway, to each his own. I personally found the screams of the zombies very.. saddening, depressing even.
Almost as if they were screaming "Oh god, OH GOD!" when you lit them on fire.. ;(
Feel the same way

i can imagine a half zombie screaming as it twitchs on the ground getting infested

Back