Real STALKYARD2 :D!!!!

S

SoNiCbOoM

1375_1.jpg

1375_2.jpg

1375_2.jpg

can be dloaded **********SOON**********

here http://www.snarkpit.com/maps.php?map=1375

Yes, that does look a LOT more like the original, and the size looks a lot better too (one of my major complaints about the other one).

Looks great, and I must say, better than the other one.

Alot better then the 1st one, cant wait for it to be released .... and this one DOES look a hell of alot more like Stalkyard.

Yea Stalkyard is one of the best maps that HL DM ever had, Im glad its being worked on.

nicely re-done :)
i hope the mappers get around to doing more of the popular HLDM/OP4DM maps soon.

SoNiCbOoM, when are you going to release this map ?

If you go to the website he linked, it says release is 20th December. It also says 70% complete.

The author steps in...

Wow, I honestly didnt think that maps got noticed this much! I didnt think anyone would link to another site, but hey, I thank you for it SonicBoom. Im glad you all like it, although im not sure when ill finish it by the 20th, but I'll try! =)

I will be looking for beta testers at some point in the next week, to really get the polish on it before a final release. Ultimately Id like this map to be played on the official servers maybe, or at least on lots of unofficial servers.

nps man

looks like an amazing map

id love to be a beta tester :D

Ok, we will see. Ill be taking emails soon, preferably so I can communicate with you via MSN or the like to allow for a private server test. Ill post when it ready for testing, maybe a few days.

Its playable now, but im not happy with the detail, and its gonna have a few custom models hopefully. Ill try and keep you all posted.

Hiring Beta Testers...Line Up :D

Okay, due to the attention im getting for the map and the fact that there are other Stalkyards popping up, Ive pushed the envelope a bit and have a playable beta ready to play. Now I require just a handful of ppl WITH mapping experience to give the map a run through to help iron out bugs.

If you think you have the credentials and want to help finish off Stalkyard for HL2DM, make it known in this thread please, and ill pick a few of ya. Better still private message me. Cheers

Boxy said:
Wow, I honestly didnt think that maps got noticed this much! I didnt think anyone would link to another site, but hey, I thank you for it SonicBoom. Im glad you all like it, although im not sure when ill finish it by the 20th, but I'll try! =)

You'll have to finish it by tommorow or i'll have to kill you. :D
Anyways tho, I think your map resembles Stalkeryard 100%, looks great!

Its very close to done except for laborious amounts of playtesting. However as I have only just signed onto HL2.net Im not allowed to reply to any private messages until Ive been a member for five days!

This means I cant actually talk to anyone on a singular level, and as Im not too keen on dishing out my email address, Im now in a dilemma as to how Im going to get the beta out to people. Hmm, what to do????

Boxy - make a new hotmail (or other) email account that you can use to talk to people with.

Ok, as its so near to being done, send a quick email to the following address stating who you are and i will contact you from there about getting the map and setting up a server for playing it (maybe).

[email protected]

Okay just to let as many people know as possible that Stalkyard SHOULD be available for download later today, as long as the final tests go ok. I urge you (like everyone does i spose) to download it and give it a go. I hope to see it on a server somewhere soon.

Dont tempt me, I want this map out the door as much as everyone else does! I hope it is received well when I do release it, quite a lot of work has gone into it.

#1 thing: make sure the weapons are balanced. Weapon placement makes or breaks the level.

now THAT resembles stalkyard from hldm , the 1st map was too... I duno , not like stalkyard. Good job - good luck finishing!

I Want This Goddamned Map Now Son Or Ill Cut Ya Hang Yer Bvabies To Die Whoooboy Yeah Git R Done

Check Snarkpit later today...

Im hosting a 99% done pre-release beta on snarkpit, which ill link through to here. Ill make it available for just today, and then expect lots of feedback on it.

It is NOT a 100% replica of SY, some weapon placement has changed, mainly the RPG and magnum, as they are both overpowered. If the new placement sucks, ill put em back in but I really felt two magnums and two RPGs was too much in a map like this.

Check Snark in about 30 mins...
http://www.snarkpit.com/maps.php?map=1375

teh major w00tage, going home in a sec, so I can play it, you rock biatch!

Im happy that you are all happy, but remember it is a WIP, its not finished!!

Soz for the delay, its available for download now

It will hopefully have a full final release later today or tomorrow, depending on the feedback I get from people on this beta version. This version is near enough the final one though as far as I'm concerned, there are a few lighting problems that Im aware of, but other than that I await feedback.

Great job, love the attention to detail, cant see it being done any better.
I did find one thing missing from the original tho which was the crate you "use" to find the snarks :).Maybe add that and put something else in to replace them.

Yeah, its not a 100% replica, and some items and guns have been moved around. I never liked the moving door crates at all in the original, so Im sorry to those who did, coz my hate has been translated into this version by having them missing.

I will not have the snarks (or an alternative) in, and i wont put the drop down section in for the armour either, not that there is any armour or longjump capability in HL2DM anyway. Sorry. But thanks for the advice, keep the comments coming...

Hmm, dont know why, its been run on both client and dedictaed servers where I am, and it was fine. Im not quite sure how to sort that problem, anyone else got any ideas or have it cras their servers?

Exelent map, really, I enjoy it immensly, Exelent work .. LOVE IT!

best map yet, the details and the rubbl on the floors, exelent, also love the fragmentable pillars hehe, absolutly super! *BIG THUMBS UP FOR YOU M8*

Now do Bootcamp and crossfire hehe :D

Back