Real vid of an Apache attack *explicit*

Because the chances that they would set up a RPG site near a city or US base is errmm....well...UNLIKELY.

and either way, he was out there setting up an RPG site, that tells you something in and of itself. if he didn't want to fight he could flee. there were two perfectly fine vehicals right there....

Letters said:
You certainly seem to have no problems doing so.
right, that's his gig. that's why he want's everyone else to stop, it's copyright infringment :)

Look, sorry if I insulted anyone, which I allmost certainly did. I am knackered and fed up at the moment. And I aint in any kind of state to make a valid arguement.

Therefore I recline any comments I made and plead momentary insanity.

I honestly don't mean to start fights/ flame wars. I just get edgy on subjects like this.

Hope you don't hold it against me too baddly. I aint a bad guy really.

Edit: Thanks Timmy....... ;)

i cant even watch the video. people say im violent, i play GTA3, i snipe peoples body parts off, and i have fun doing so. but thats a videogame. to tell you the truth, having a gun near kinda freaks me out. i dont know how you guys can just watch that.

spookymooky said:
just to clear some stuff up in the video:
I'm pretty sure, after watching it blown up, that the "White flag" is something the guy is unloading from the truck.
Also, The gunner shoots the truck, not the crawling guy. After the explosion, you can still see his body a through the smoke.

You noticed he stumbles quite a bit when the initial shots are fired and kill the guy in his line of viewthat's walking away from him. So he's obviousley starting to jump down to try and get some kind of cover, as he does thie his hand (holding some type of cloth) goes up in the air to try and keep his balance. Then they open fire on him. I agree that the white thing wasn't anything near a surrender flag, he didn't have enough time to even think of surrendering to someone.

I gota go sleep now, I think i'm gona stop posting in this thread alltogther as well. It just gets me angry to be honest. Anyway sorry A2597 again. I have just been a little bit : :rolling: lately.....

Yah, this thread's gotten pretty long and all the points of discussion have been lost somewhere between page one and ten. The topic it was supposed to be about has been lost and resurfaced a couple of times, but still this has gotten too long in my opinion. That's only my opinion.

Well let me conclude then that it's an interesting video where we can see how an american Apache helicopter slaughters some completely innocent hard working iraqi civilians...and that just about everybody here is stupid enough to agree on and chew forth the ludicrous concept of them being Insurgents whereas the term SUSPECT was used in the thinnest way imaginable. Sorry to say this but those great professionals, to me, most certainly shot a farmer and his 2 sons...and it's simply disturbing that such material should be used for propaganda purposes.

heh, no offence was taken marksmanHL2 :)

seriously, the last time I took offence was when someone was posting a blatent lie. I corrected him, and he well...can't remember the exact wording. it was something like "Idiotic high schooler with no idea what he is talking about".

in the end the entire community came down on the guy. :D (Which he deserved, he was dissing ALOT of members, including admins...)

Ghost isnt a mod anymore from his comments in here, sorry about that....

Texter said:
Sorry to say this but those great professionals, to me, most certainly shot a farmer and his 2 sons...

To you. I'm sure the military has a real reason to gun down Iraqi citizens for no reason and use it as media propaganda. How much footage could they use aside from this? Alot. There's no reason they'd show what could have been what you suggested.

Read the article, they had intelligence, and it's not like they blindly fire on innocent civilians for no reason whatsoever. You are, however, entitled to your opinion, but it's my opinion that you are dead wrong.

Why's this topic still being discussed? It's evil, makes people angry and type bad things.

Let's talk about something good that doesn't involve death and anger. Like this.

Read the article, they had intelligence, and it's not like they blindly fire on innocent civilians for no reason whatsoever. You are, however, entitled to your opinion, but it's my opinion that you are dead wrong.

- That's a longer, more detailed, and better put version of my "Texter, you are a moron." post.

fizzlephox said:
Why's this topic still being discussed? It's evil, makes people angry and type bad things.

Let's talk about something good that doesn't involve death and anger. Like this.

Patrick Moore plays one mean xylophone :)

Anyway, yeah, I think I'm done with this topic too. ::Twiddles thumbs::

SpuD said:
Ghost isnt a mod anymore from his comments in here, sorry about that....
It's good, on a strange note. Now, I can get back to really feeling like a part of the community. I enjoyed always talking with you guys as if I wasn't a Mod, and now I can truly be a FORUM member again.

*sniffle*

I love you, guys. :)

They should make a movie about this thread.

Heated arguement on decisions made in war. A member of the high council is cast out from the Kingdom of Admin for unleashing an array of insults upon the people he is meant to govern justly. In the end he finds peace and redemption resigning his seat of power at the Kingdom of Admin, then joins the common people of the Outer Kingdom whom he once governed and is embraced by the great sage known as WowYouAreACow.

Shuzer said:
To you. I'm sure the military has a real reason to gun down Iraqi citizens for no reason and use it as media propaganda. How much footage could they use aside from this? Alot.

And I'm sure it's all equally horrendous, and worse. If I were the Military releasing footage for public consumption it'd be things less ambiguous than this. It wouldn't surprise me if this was leaked to the ABC, as opposed to an 'official' release.

Shuzer said:

And it's mine, that you are. Intelligence? You mean stuff like this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2921743.stm

I just love how they throw that word around like some kind of wand that allows them to do whatever they want. Of course they weren't firing for no reason - they aren't animals; however despite their suspicions re 'tube shaped object', It's also my opinion they screwed up.

So now that you're not one of 'them'...

What was that I heard about... 'doing things'... to Munro in the staff forums in some other thread? ;)

GhostValkyrie said:
It's good, on a strange note. Now, I can get back to really feeling like a part of the community. I enjoyed always talking with you guys as if I wasn't a Mod, and now I can truly be a FORUM member again.

*sniffle*

I love you, guys. :)
this means we can abuse you more freely now, right? :)

Texter said:
Well let me conclude then that it's an interesting video where we can see how an american Apache helicopter slaughters some completely innocent hard working iraqi civilians...and that just about everybody here is stupid enough to agree on and chew forth the ludicrous concept of them being Insurgents whereas the term SUSPECT was used in the thinnest way imaginable. Sorry to say this but those great professionals, to me, most certainly shot a farmer and his 2 sons...and it's simply disturbing that such material should be used for propaganda purposes.

I may be a little to the left....but that sounds rediculous. :hmph:

ghost isnt a mod because of his comments HERE?
double-you tee eff...
thats stupid.

gh0st said:
ghost isnt a mod because of his comments HERE?
double-you tee eff...
thats stupid.

This is what happened.

Note: I left only the comments that GhostValykrie said that were considered to be harsh, mea, and not befitting of a moderator.

GhostValkyrie said:
I certainly hope you don't live in the US, because I damn sure don't want you in my military, coward. You should join because you want to, not because you want to mooch off the Govt. because you can't make it on your own steam.

Don't tell me about how you wouldn't kill if you were in the field, that makes me sick. You'd probably bomb your commanding officer's tent before shoot the enemy, like that one guy, right? Yeah, I probably am right. It makes me sick to think of all the scumbags who degrade our military because they want college payed for, or because they can't keep a job.
Join someone elses military, but don't join mine.

I don't give a f*ck about those people in the video. I'm glad they're dead, less f*cking scumbags breathing up air that could fill the lungs of an innocent child.

You sit here and so bravely defend the criminal, yet you leave the victim in the dark. You people protest Camp X-Ray, yet you never protested Saddam...nor did you people ever protest any dictatorship. That's why I think you're all a bunch of immature anarchists. A bunch of children, or adults who fail to accept responsibility.
You defend Saddam and his henchmen. The same type of people who hate Police Men. Ha! When a friend of yours is raped or killed, who do you think is going to find the bad guy?
You're messed up. You need to understand where the line is drawn, and when it is crossed.

Here we see him directly insulting someone elses (opinions/military/country) then telling him he'd probably kill his own officers, then calling the forum community as a whole, a bunch of immature anarchists who hate cops and defend murderers.

His was a fairly long post, (so in my opinion) he had plenty of time to think about what he was saying/typing. That's the main thing the differs good forums from chatrooms and poorly run forums (which Halflife2.net isn't), you have plenty of time to review what you're saying and compose it to your liking (usually for the better, and to follow guidelines given in forum rules.)

Then there's the fact that he was a moderator who's supposed to be setting an example, a good example. When other people see a moderator posting direct insults like that without any punishment, they'll begin to do the same thing or complain about how they should be able to do it too. Thus the effectiveness and respect for the moderators and Halflife2.net would be lowered by many who see it as hypocritical.

Ghostvalykrie already stated he likes it better now that he's no longer a moderator. So I assume this worked out to everybody's liking. If it's okay with Ghostvalykrie then it should be ok with everyone else.

fizzlephox said:
Ghostvalykrie already stated he likes it better now that he's no longer a moderator. So I assume this worked out to everybody's liking. If it's okay with Ghostvalykrie then it should be ok with everyone else.

Actually, a few other Mods have directly insulted forum members, but what you say is correct. And, I might as well enjoy it better this way. There's no way in hell I'm going to get Modship back. But, I wasn't attacking the entire forum community, just the Baath Sympathizers.

oh jesus, im gona puke, war is so awful

especially when it wasent necisary... imo :bonce: omg and when the finished the wounded guy it just reminded me so much of full metal jacket BUT REAL FOOTAGE

ugh! well war is hell, its true for any end

its true what they say the propaganda machine will desensitize you only makeing it WORSE imo when you see the REAL thing.......death is no joke no f__cking joke those guys probably had families and the only way to support em was through suddam

I blame the dictator not the "scum bags" and just feel wholy depressed it had to happen in the first place

ps: welcome to basic member hood! hope you enjoy it here valkarie and il always consider you a kickass mod :p (ide be happy to take your place if need be im a vet here hehe since the old site and before :smoking: back then it was just "alb1221" snoball munro eventually gorgon and some other budies you have come a long way

VIVA LA HL2.NET

JonTheCanuck said:
1. So if u were ever in a similar situation where u might die, would u rather someone just kill u instead of trying to save u?

2. Can u see an rpg on him? An rpg isn't something u can hide in yur pants unless yur MC Hammer. They didn't even know the apache was there, and i'm pretty sure they weren't aware of its location after the attack. If he was, would he have rolled out into its view so he could be shot again?

3. An apache is airborn and can move quite quickly, ontop of that its night time and not visible if u dont have night vision, it'd be pretty hard to give its location especially considering he himself didn't know where it was.

4. U can still accomplish both. Its not like u have to choose between one or the other.

5. Thats your opinion, not a fact.

dude your seriously not grasping the concept of how much damage one 33MM round can do. we talking even if the guy was shot once in the leg it'd 95% of the time have to be amputated and if he gets hit multiple times theirs no surviving, their was no chance, im sure if it was 1 or 2 M16 rounds to put him down and he was still a live it might be worth the effort, the max he would have been alive it maybe 10 minutes, given the distance at which they were fireing it would have tookin atleast 5 minutes to walk from where they were to the soldier and given the fact that Apaches have no medical equiment on them it would have been useless. plus the explosion of the truck probly worstened the damage. but then again i guess this is why if Canada got invaded even by Texas alone it'd be over taken easy. Its war, you die or you live, sometimes you MIGHT get a second shot.

last this video is far from disgusting, the only time i felt wierd was when you see the second guys limb flying thru the air to the left.

think of it this way, if the tables were turned, he would most likely do the same. its war, not meant to be fair or just.

oh adn i didnt care to read 5 or so pages, so if someone said something resembling this...good for u.

crabcakes66 said:
I may be a little to the left....but that sounds rediculous. :hmph:

It's more ridiculous you can't even spell ridiculous. I exaggerated that statement a little bit to get a reaction...but it certainly isn't ridiculous. The pictures speak for themselves...just look at the way they move. Nothing even remotely suspicious about it, to me. Nice counterarguments by the way.

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
ps: welcome to basic member hood! hope you enjoy it here valkarie and il always consider you a kickass mod :p (ide be happy to take your place if need be im a vet here hehe since the old site and before :smoking: back then it was just "alb1221" snoball munro eventually gorgon and some other budies you have come a long way

VIVA LA HL2.NET

Great, now I'm being condescended to.
Heh, just kidding. Thanks for the welcome, though I think re-acquainting myself won't be too hard. :)

Pitbul said:
but then again i guess this is why if Canada got invaded even by Texas alone it'd be over taken easy. Its war, you die or you live, sometimes you MIGHT get a second shot.
Um, I dont think anyone could stand up to an onslaught from Texas. Like 90% of adults there have guns... :borg:

spookymooky said:
Um, I dont think anyone could stand up to an onslaught from Texas. Like 90% of adults there have guns... :borg:

You bet we do!
Go Republic, I mean State of Texas!!!

Pitbul said:
i guess this is why if Canada got invaded even by Texas alone it'd be over taken easy.

i'm tired of comments like these directed at canada. We went to war with u in afghanistan and are still there peackeeping, even after 2 stupid pilots engaged a canadian training exercise and bombed and killed 4 of them. We're committed to helping usa and still u make comments at us like we're useless hosers.

Hey I like Canada. Everyone is harping about how its popular to hate Bush, well what about France and Canada huh? Its almost scary how many people say bad things about France and Canada, it just shows a selfish ignorance if you ask me. The France/Canada bashing bandwagon is larger than the Bush Bashing bandwagon. :)

I'm friends with every canadian i know. Thats only about five people, but hey, whatever.

The Us are losing their influence in the world. Soon the EU will be the most powerful conglomerate of the world. And then... We'll see....

Oh I meant to add: Ghostvalkyrie, I don't think anyone is sympathising with what the baath party stood for and for the murder and crime they commited. I think people were sympathising with human life, which should be held as high as we can hold it. I'm sorry you lost your mod status, and you were merely coming back at someone. Emotions run high, especially when talking about subjects like this because everyone is morally divided on these issues. But to accuse anyone of sympathising for the baath party and what they stood for is worse than calling them any name you could think of in my opinion. Not to sound harsh here but that sounds very propaganda-ish. I hold my American soldier in much higher regards than any baath party scum, but the flip side is we are all humans, and murder for any cause is a horrible thing. To say you know what was really going on over there is very presumptuous (sp?) you gather what you've read or seen on TV and mixed in your personal opinion and then cast judgement on the situation (which is what we are all doing) but you can't be %100 sure, these people think differently then us, some of the insurgents believe they are fighting for the freedom of their people. To deny that and call them all monsters isn't the right thing to do here, if America was invaded and they occupants told you they were freeing you from tyranny wouldn't you take up arms and fight for what you thought was right? I'm not saying they are fighting for what is right, i'm saying they fight because they think it is right.

Back