Real vid of an Apache attack *explicit*

Yeah dude... I found it really offensive too... but I also just fell through my fridge magnet and I think I just tried to kill myself...

Woah

don't give a f*ck about those people in the video. I'm glad they're dead, less f*cking scumbags breathing up air that could fill the lungs of an innocent child.

I'm sorry Ghost but you can't judge people like that, you just can't. You have no idea what there lives were like, no idea what their situation was, nothing. You don't even know their names. Please, these are PEOPLE too. People we know nothing about, and although their deaths may be necessary, since it is war, they are certainly not something to be happy over.

Why can't people just look at them as "people", not just the "enemy". Many of these people see us as the invaders, which we are. We invaded Iraq, they didn't invade us. Also many see us as liberators who saved them from a cruel dictator, which we also did. Bothe these viewpoints can be justified by an Iraqi.

The soldiers were justified in what they did. I don't like the whole thing this war was to begin with, premptive. With premptive warfare you can justify lots of things. China for example "Those Americans have a huge army and nuclear weapons aimed at us, they wouldn't have second thoughts about harming us if they could get the chance, we need to declare premptive war on them". But that won't happen because that would mean nuclear war and we'd all die except those who lived in Africa and South America. But China isn't the world power yet, it will be in about twenty years. When it is Americans are gonna have to see things from a whole new perspective.

i think ghost's signature says it all really. how did you become a mod again?

for the record, marksmanHL2 : ) is british. you talk about war as if it's the be all and end all. well let me tell you, if everyone was like you then we'd be at war for the rest of eternity. it's time for you to evolve your way of thinking. i'm not gonna say anymore because frankly i'm not gonna stand by while someone like you wades in throwing his weight about and using his position of authority to strike others down. you, my kind sir, need to join the rest of the world instead of making it you vs. everyone else.

"I don't give a f*ck about those people in the video. I'm glad they're dead, less f*cking scumbags breathing up air that could fill the lungs of an innocent child."

i really can't believe you used an 'innocent child' example. scraping the barrel eh?

why do you think the british ruled the world for 300 years? did every british citizen join the army and want to go kick the crap out of 'scumbags'? you can learn a thing or two from history my friend, and i really mean you should go and sit down and think about a few things. of course you're gonna think 'who the f.uck are you to tell me what to think and what not to think', and that'll just re-emphasise my point.

NB: retaliation gets you nowhere.

Because there wouldn't be a way to conduct a war if you view them as "people" instead of the "enemy".

You guys should watch some movies like Saving Private Ryan, they show you what war is all about.

LoneDeranger said:
Because there wouldn't be a way to conduct a war if you view them as "people" instead of the "enemy".

You guys should watch some movies like Saving Private Ryan, they show you what war is all about.

well maybe if everybody saw eachother as people there wouldn't be war.

JonTheCanuck said:
well maybe if everybody saw eachother as people there wouldn't be war then.

I agree! But that's just not going to happen, is it?

no i doubt it will ever happen. It'd be naive of me to think so. Depressing how the world is really. Almost makes u wonder if mankind is actually the most stupid of the species.

Of course mankind is the stupidest of all species. With all our great intelligence we can't manage to do anything but come up with better way's to kill ourselves or our fellow men. We are born greedy and bloodthirsty it seems.

i remember a quote from a story i read not long ago "we invented the wheel, and it ran us over"

"Humans must be the only creatures able to despise their own kind. " - Neon Genesis Evangelion

yes it was, and i dont think somebody who conducts themselves that way should be kept as a mod on this forum. But thats just me.

just check under his name, his staff title has been removed and replaced with a regular rank

well now hey, I found it offensive but he's entitled to his own opinion.

Yes it may have been crude and harsh, but theres no reason to remove his ranking as a mod. I think after just getting him to think about what he said (if he did/is) would be enough.

After all its actions like that without complete certainty which create war...

then again i may not know what im talking about

Hmm, de-modding people because of their political opinion? At the very least the one who did it should reveal himself on this thread instead of hiding cowardly behind the scenes.

(anyway I can see thing thread being closed fairly quickly now)

MrWhite said:
well now hey, I found it offensive but he's entitled to his own opinion.

Yes it may have been crude and harsh, but theres no reason to remove his ranking as a mod. I think after just getting him to think about what he said (if he did/is) would be enough.

After all its actions like that without complete certainty which create war...

then again i may not know what im talking about

well the mod who created this thread said immature posts will be deleted. To hold the position of mod yet break forums rules in a rash, unthoughtful, and insensitive post shouldn't be something that is allowed to pass by. I think at least an apology is in order. He directly insulted a forum member without provocation. Not to mention saying he was grateful that the three iraqis were killed. The last thread of this kind was deleted because people were joking saying the iraqis got "pwned" I think this has taken it up a notch. If someone came on here saying they were greatful hitler killed jews would u find it acceptable? Even tho its "their opinion"

Guy's, take into consideration that there may be more to this than we know.

Does this mean someone else will become a moderator? If so, I nominate MrWhite for having a cool avatar and a high post count j/k.

But really, does someone else get to become a moderator now? (If anyone's thinking that I actually believe I could replace him, I'm not, because I definetly don't deserve it and have no chance). Has anyother moderator ever had his position taken away on account of a malicous post or an otherwise unmoderatorly action?

In anycase I think that the staff at Halflife2.net are the ones who should decide how to deal with this.

I'm sure he would not be stripped of his moderator status because of an opinion. I don't even see where he 'directly insulted' Marksman... just that he wouldn't want someone like him the military.

If he has been de-modified, surely there were other reasons.

GhostValkyrie said:
I certainly hope you don't live in the US, because I damn sure don't want you in my military, coward. You should join because you want to, not because you want to mooch off the Govt. because you can't make it on your own steam.

Don't tell me about how you wouldn't kill if you were in the field, that makes me sick. You'd probably bomb your commanding officer's tent before shoot the enemy, like that one guy, right? Yeah, I probably am right. It makes me sick to think of all the scumbags who degrade our military because they want college payed for, or because they can't keep a job.
Join someone elses military, but don't join mine.

You sit here and so bravely defend the criminal, yet you leave the victim in the dark. You people protest Camp X-Ray, yet you never protested Saddam...nor did you people ever protest any dictatorship. That's why I think you're all a bunch of immature anarchists. A bunch of children, or adults who fail to accept responsibility.
You defend Saddam and his henchmen. The same type of people who hate Police Men. Ha! When a friend of yours is raped or killed, who do you think is going to find the bad guy?
You're messed up. You need to understand where the line is drawn, and when it is crossed.

All that there's aimed at him and the forum community in general. There's a difference between stating your opinion and directly insulting someone elses (thoughts/military/country) then telling him he'd probably kill his own officers, then calling the whole forum community a bunch of immature anarchists who hate cops and defend murderes

edit: and his was a fairly long post, so in my opinion he had plenty of time to think about what he was saying/typing. That's the main thing the differs good forums from chatrooms and poorly run forums(which Halflife2.net isn't), you have plenty of time to review what you're saying and compose it to your liking (usually for the better.)

I think that is, perhaps, reading a little much into it. I certainly didn't take it that way, but if that's what he really meant... then... well... damn... :(

Letters said:
I think that is, perhaps, reading a little much into it. I certainly didn't take it that way, but if that's what he really meant... then... well... damn... :(

how can u say that wasn't directed at marksman? And opinons are reason for banning. If i say someone is a fag or a loser or something, that's my opinion. Just because its an opinion doesn't mean its acceptable.

Letters said:
I'm sure he would not be stripped of his moderator status because of an opinion. I don't even see where he 'directly insulted' Marksman... just that he wouldn't want someone like him the military.

If he has been de-modified, surely there were other reasons.
most people would consider being called a "coward" a direct insult.

$.02 poorer..

Look at Lil'Timmy's avatar, it just emenates the love (not a perverted kind of love, a pure and noble love that only a child posesses) and warmth between a child and his best friend. I'm gonna go cry.

nw909 said:
I saw a convoy of APC's exploding once, was pretty gross since it was in color.

I saw that one too, dude. I didn't see the actual video, it was like on big .JPG with like a slideshow of the video. Very very disturbing, indeed.

JonTheCanuck said:
how can u say that wasn't directed at marksman? And opinons are reason for banning. If i say someone is a fag or a loser or something, that's my opinion. Just because its an opinion doesn't mean its acceptable.
I didn't the make the post. Maybe it was directed at him, maybe at just the folks who go into the military for their free ride, which is what *I* assumed... I don't know.

Opinions are reason for banning... :LOL: ... errr... no? The fag/loser thing, for one, is just a flat out stupid insult, which this clearly was not. Perhaps his opinion seems unacceptable to you, but that doesn't mean it is wrong and warranting punishment.

I understand what you're saying, I was just originally saying to not jump to any conclusions... and I really did not like the way everyone jumped all over him for this... but I am not one to be easily offended...

NSPIRE said:
I saw that one too, dude. I didn't see the actual video, it was like on big .JPG with like a slideshow of the video. Very very disturbing, indeed.

Yes, thats what I saw, found it on an imageboard website.

Disturbing but the smoke covered up most of the poop.

There's a difference between stating your opinion and directly insulting someone elses (thoughts/military/country) then telling him he'd probably kill his own officers, then calling the whole forum community a bunch of immature anarchists who hate cops and defend murderers.

Plus his was a fairly long post, so in my opinion he had plenty of time to think about what he was saying/typing. That's the main thing the differs good forums from chatrooms and poorly run forums(which Halflife2.net isn't), you have plenty of time to review what you're saying and compose it to your liking (usually for the better.)

Then there's the fact that he was a moderator who's supposed to be setting an example, a good example to be exact. When other people see a moderator posting direct insults like that without any punishment, they'll begin to do the same thing or complain about how they should be able to do it too.

Well, it's obviously a subject he feels strongly about... perhaps got a little carried away, heh.

Letters said:
I didn't the make the post. Maybe it was directed at him, maybe at just the folks who go into the military for their free ride, which is what *I* assumed... I don't know.

Opinions are reason for banning... :LOL: ... errr... no? The fag/loser thing, for one, is just a flat out stupid insult, which this clearly was not. Perhaps his opinion seems unacceptable to you, but that doesn't mean it is wrong and warranting punishment.

I understand what you're saying, I was just originally saying to not jump to any conclusions... and I really did not like the way everyone jumped all over him for this... but I am not one to be easily offended...

true, but coward is a flat out insult aswell, which is also his opinion, along with the thought its a good thing that the iraqis were shot.

GhostValkyrie said:
Many of the American prisoners were starved, beaten, shot and killed, and even raped; ala Jessica Lynch.
not to pick on GV, or anything, but this was something he said that bugged me, and i went and did some looking-up on it.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1116-02.htm

old news i know, and i'm not saying that no one was raped, but the jessica lynch story isn't the example you want to use (it's a very interesting story about manufacturing a hero nonetheless).

Lil' Timmy said:
not to pick on Gv, otr anything, but this was something he said that bugged me, and i went and did some looking-up on it.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1116-02.htm

old news i know, and i'm not saying that no one was raped, but the jessica lynch story isn't the example you want to use (it's a very interesting story about manufacturing a hero nonetheless).

Yeah, I wanted to say something like that.

I saw that movie on T.V, and then I saw what Jessica Lynch said really happened, the story is so much different.

Well... now I'm not saying he was right in any of it, but lets be civil here people... simply directing your feelings through simple and counter productive action as that doesnt help anyone.

Now I'm saying, maybe he's learned, but as we're talking about how the video makes us sick, and how they are people, and he is a person too... and hey, everyone makes mistakes.

but... I dont know... we describe an idealistic world which, through ignorance and unintelligence, or even those, just simple lack of caring, or plain old pride, will never come true. And if the world was made up of only people like you and me (I'm talking to the intelligable pacifists out there, not the ones who are anti-war just for the sake of an ironic rebellion against a rebellion), yes it would be an amazingly better place for lack of a better term, but it could never be idealistic in the way we dream... we can all be picked apart and be a little prejiduce too

I mean... i dont want this to get into a discussion about basic human nature, but hey, we can dream right?

yep, because in trying, no we wont get our idealistic world, but we'll sure as hell make it a better one.

my mom always says that same thing when people say that war is often time inevitable, so why be a pacifist. people are way to simple minded to think that. I will agree... war CAN SOMETIMES be inevitable (WW2 for example, but not all of it was purposefull)... but only on a rare case, yet if we were smarter as people, then we could often avoid it and come out with various, smaller-than-the-entire-picture victories that still count an extreme amount for us as people

And yes, we are savage by nature, but certainly the course of mother nature has drivin other savage things into thier self-brought extinctions.

Mother nature also gave us our minds. People often say, "Eat meat, its the way mother nature intended us" but if mother nature gave us a mind and will to choose... then we can evolve our minds at our own pace, right?

Now I'm geittng to our core element, and I will stop boring you know with my veiw of the world, but as I like to think I see the world in 4 dimensions, from everyones point of veiw.

I don't know, take it any way you want... after all, we can all be picked apart to our core and have flaws, just like me... just like you

Yah, I applaud Lynch for telling the truth. You know that the politicians were telling here to stick with the story they had made for her.

She admits she just hid her face in her knees when she realized they were shooting at her, then she rams into the back of the rest of her convoy in front of her.

That takes courage to admit that you're not a hero who bravely fought on with a rifle and then a knife until you were finally subdued by ten Iraqi soldiers, but actually panicked and made a mistake that could've gotten you and other U.S. soldiers killed.

(oh yeah and the person who fought to the death is believed to have been a man who got lost in the translation from arabic to english, Lynch gets money and publicity handed to her, while the real heroe is forgotten. But it was all handed to her by politicians to help hype up the war and creat a popular everyday heroe. Even if it was all lies.

Back