Release Candidate Sent to Vivendi

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We reported just under two weeks ago that Valve were indeed aiming for a September 15th date for submitting the release candidate to Vivendi and today the man himself, Gabe Newell, has confirmed:
Yes, the RC went to VU yesterday.
Naturally people are bound to be sceptic of this forum post, especially considering the incident with the fake gold announcment recently; however I have personally confirmed it with Gabe and so have a few other people too. From here on I'd like to urge everybody not to contact Gabe for anymore confirmations. There's only so many times in one day you can reply "yes" to an e-mail![br]
[br]
You can find the original forum post here on HL2Fallout.[br]
[br]
Thanks to stokkes for breaking the news in this thread.[br]UPDATE: I have now also confirmed with Gabe Newell that the Counter-Strike: Source and Half-Life: Source release candidates have also been sent to Vivendi.

Hooray. That's great news.

I'm kinda surprised they told us.

Ya guys dont pm him either even though i did he replied saying "Hi" lol that was funny. :)

How long does it usually take to get the game released after something like this happens?

So,why do they need and RC again? And whats make's everyone so sure that HL2 will go gold in a week? I'm confused.

I'm as happy as a Frenchman who's just invented a pair of self-removing trousers.

HOLY SHIT THIS IS GREAT NEWS! HALF-LIFE 2 IS COMING! It's coming guys IT'S COMING! (err... I didn't mean it to sound so gross)

Feath said:
I'm as happy as a Frenchman who's just invented a pair of self-removing trousers.
:eek: I'm not even going to guess what that means.. you racist bastard. :p

FREAKIN YES BABY OMFG, THIS IS SO GOOD NEWS OMG IM SO HAPPY JUST TO HEAR A RELEASE CNADIDATE HAS BEEN SENT OH YEAH BABY :LOL:

Oh yes, finally. I read the news first on WAP.

Awesome news :cheers: I'm very suprised they told us, but then again it's the first date they've managed to keep, Gabe just wanted to brag about it :LOL:

Once again the news goes to the Fallout forums first. :LOL:

so.... what does this mean?

I see it like shopping for clothes. Every shirt they try on is a release candidate. They may find the perfect shirt right away, or they might need to try on a bunch of other shirts until they find the right one. Unfortunately, it's not like in movies where they cut out the time period while the person is changing.

God, I hope Half-Life 2 fits right away! I hate shopping around! :rolling:

Great news, usually from RC, it will take a couple of weeks to go gold, hopefully less, and then a few more to ship.This is Judging on what I have seen. I don't work in the industry so most of this is coming from my rear end. But Im thinking we'll see this masterpeice Mid-October! Which is great news!

Feath said:
I'm as happy as a man who thought a cat had done it's business in his pie, but it turned out to be an extra-large blackberry.

let me think about it. they actually got to send it on the 15th?? like lombardi said it?? no delay? just as planed? damn.. that's really hard to believe, isn't it? :)

SIN55 said:
so.... what does this mean?

I see it like shopping for clothes. Every shirt they try on is a release candidate. They may find the perfect shirt right away, or they might need to try on a bunch of other shirts until they find the right one. Unfortunately, it's not like in movies where they cut out the time period while the person is changing.

God, I hope Half-Life 2 fits right away! I hate shopping around! :rolling:

LOL. You rock! I like your avatar as well... Wayne! ;)
But since it has been this long, it won't take that long to find a shirt that fits... Or whatever. I hope or think or something. I'm tired. See ya! GREAT NEWS!

iamaelephant said:
, but then again it's the first date they've managed to keep,

thats so true its almost sad.

*almost*

Damnit, this sucks :(

What? I wanted to say something different!

I think the first RC will be aproved... they´ve had like 5 months to fix bugs now and that should be enough to get the game good enough to not crash or do something that makes the game feel not as good as it actually is

Dougy said:
thats so true its almost sad.

*almost*

So true, but what can you do. everyone will forget all this delay crap once the games out.

My heart skiped a beat!!!!!>..
OMG you guys do know what this means right. THE GAME IS COMPLETELY DONE. LIKE 100%. OMG ITS COMING OMG OMGO MGOMGOGMOPASO:SJOPJ@#$K!@#!@:!
#$?
@

WOOOOHOOOOOO YAY!!!!! Heh now I need a computer to play it. Damn.

well, doesnt this mean no preload today or tomorrow as many were expecting? wouldnt it have to be gold for them to preload the rest of the game?

Time for celebration =P
I hope this means will have CS:Source out very very soon.

My new voicemail message the day HL2 is in my hands:

Hello, you've reached Phil. HL2 came out day, i'll be returning calls in 3 months. Have a nice life!

I can finally die now....

beep beep beep bee- beeeeeeeeeeeep

*Looks at watch*
*Looks in shorts*
*Remembers CZ*
*Holds breath and prays instead*

yea

WHAT???????? WHAT???????? OKAYYY!!!!.......YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

ohhh rapture :cheers: :cheers: :D :cheers:

Back